Pages:
Author

Topic: xboxgames SCAMMED ME FOR 5BTC! - page 2. (Read 3370 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
June 18, 2013, 06:43:28 PM
Yes I have heard from him. Life problems apparently, he was super nice about it and said not to worry

Which is exactly why I suggested everyone should wait 48 hours to cool off and see what happens.

Ultimately, if he's going through something pretty major, logging onto here and seeing a shitstorm of abuse could be enough to push someone over the edge.

Give him the benefit of the doubt until you have irrefutable proof to suggest otherwise. If the dude is going through a heap of bad stuff, he's not exactly going to be thinking straight, and coming on to a forum to make good with a bunch of people over some space dollars is not going to be high on his list of priorities.

How long has ostr1234 been waiting? So what you are saying is nobody should have said anything and let him do business as usually? Come on.

Maybe you missed something? If he was having problems, why was he accepting bitcoins and moneypaks?

Anyway. Since you guys are putting a lot of trust in xboxgames, I'll make you a nice deal. I gave him a $300 moneypak and should have received a little under 3 BTC. If anyone is willing to send me 2 BTC then I will tell xboxgames to send the coins owed to me to you. Most of you gamble right?  Cheesy

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
June 18, 2013, 06:38:06 PM
Maybe he got caught sending feces/worms to people   Cheesy
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtb-fecesworms-231550
Activity: 173
June 18, 2013, 06:32:26 PM
Yes I have heard from him. Life problems apparently, he was super nice about it and said not to worry

Which is exactly why I suggested everyone should wait 48 hours to cool off and see what happens.

Ultimately, if he's going through something pretty major, logging onto here and seeing a shitstorm of abuse could be enough to push someone over the edge.

Give him the benefit of the doubt until you have irrefutable proof to suggest otherwise. If the dude is going through a heap of bad stuff, he's not exactly going to be thinking straight, and coming on to a forum to make good with a bunch of people over some space dollars is not going to be high on his list of priorities.
Activity: 126
RavinTavin from MyFreeCams
June 18, 2013, 06:26:00 PM
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 18, 2013, 06:20:20 PM
He has been online and offline all day. Obviously reading these threads but yet to post publicly from what I can see

Yeah, but he might not know this is here.  Has anyone PM'ed him yet?  And yeah, he doesn't seem to have made any posts anywhere lately.
legendary
Activity: 1578
May the coin be with you..
June 18, 2013, 05:40:16 PM
He has been online and offline all day. Obviously reading these threads but yet to post publicly from what I can see
Activity: 252
June 18, 2013, 05:11:57 PM
He is infact still active on the forums.  Has anyone sent him a PM about this thread so he knows to look for it and has a chance to respond?
legendary
June 18, 2013, 03:20:12 PM
Private messages:

Never got the coins.

He most likely has a few more accounts here. I'm not going to accuse anyone and could be wrong but someone might want to check out a few users that were posting in his thread  Wink
Activity: 881
Merit: 500
CyberTrade
June 18, 2013, 03:17:14 PM
Thank God the deal I had with him a couple days ago fell through. I had a bad feeling about him. So sorry for people's losses.
Activity: 126
RavinTavin from MyFreeCams
June 18, 2013, 11:25:29 AM
I had 5btc with him for bet management. Still fingers crossed
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 18, 2013, 10:07:13 AM
He didn't have the warning during the trade obviously.

Please report the stolen MP to your police and call Visa and report a claim.
Activity: 307
June 18, 2013, 10:00:16 AM
Here are the screenshoots of the messages he was sending me. A lot of excuses and dragging. As I said before I deleted most of them so thats not all. It is just part of the conversation, but you guys can tell your self by reading that the transaction took place.

Why would you trade with him when it says WARNING TRADE WITH CAUTION
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
June 18, 2013, 09:52:51 AM
Here are the screenshoots of the messages he was sending me. A lot of excuses and dragging. As I said before I deleted most of them so thats not all. It is just part of the conversation, but you guys can tell your self by reading that the transaction took place.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
June 18, 2013, 09:27:34 AM
I don't have the conversation with him as i deleted the messages. is there any way to recover deleted messages??  the scrolling down was pissing me off so i deleted them. I Pmed him my money pack worth 490$ and supposed to receive 5btc, but i didn't receive anything.  I may to try to report my mp stolen. maybe somehow i ll get my money back but i think i got ripped off.....
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
June 18, 2013, 08:27:33 AM
Post the screenshots now, otherwise we aren't going to take you seriously. If this is the case, I feel sorry for the people who 'invested' in his gambling thread.
Yeah if true he has scammed a large amount of money and hopefully will be stopped.

People have been notified on the gambling section.
June 18, 2013, 08:13:46 AM
Post the screenshots now, otherwise we aren't going to take you seriously. If this is the case, I feel sorry for the people who 'invested' in his gambling thread.
Yeah if true he has scammed a large amount of money and hopefully will be stopped.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
June 18, 2013, 08:13:04 AM
June 18, 2013, 08:10:36 AM
Why don't you guys use escrow.??
Try to report moneypak as stolen, but i guess it will be too late.

I'll admit it was stupid not using escrow. I was in a rush today and needed coins fast and he was the only one with them at the time that was taking moneypaks.

Lesson learned. Took a chance and it didn't work out. Won't happen again.

Anyway, I have to finish up some work and then I can post screenshots of the PMs.

There some ways to make sure the person sending fiat isn't getting screwed when coins are sent first without escrow. See this thread for an example. Escrow adds another person to trust so you need someone like John K who has more to lose than either participant.

Just don't do deals negotiated over PM. Negotiate in Public and make a paper trail.

Verifying the fiat is a much harder problem though.
Exactly, so as well as using John K as escrow make sure the person you're dealing with is very trusted too.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
June 18, 2013, 02:49:26 AM

I'll admit it was stupid not using escrow. I was in a rush today and needed coins fast and he was the only one with them at the time that was taking moneypaks.

Anyway, I have to finish up some work and then I can post screenshots of the PMs.

There some ways to make sure the person sending fiat isn't getting screwed when coins are sent first without escrow. See this thread for an example. Escrow adds another person to trust so you need someone like John K who has more to lose than either participant.

Just don't do deals negotiated over PM. Negotiate in Public and make a paper trail.

Verifying the fiat is a much harder problem though.
legendary
June 18, 2013, 02:42:34 AM

Pages:
Jump to: