Pages:
Author

Topic: XBT Provider - page 2. (Read 2340 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
May 06, 2015, 12:20:11 PM
GBTC has started trading with no affect on market price...yet.  Only been 2 days.  Next significant date seems to be may 18th when NASDAQ Stockholm begins trading xbt provider which says they will back all shares bought with bitcoin.  Seems like this could have a much more immediate affect on price.  Volume will also be waaaay higher to start.

GBTC can't influence the market, anyways. The volume is much too low in order to do that. First of all, it's more of a long-term asset, anyways, and secondly there aren't many people who are actually eligible to sell their shares. GBTC was created by using a "loophole", anyways. A real ETF that is buying coins on the open market will make things pretty interesting, I presume!
I think this opening phase of a few weeks or a few months is the predictable time to test the waters and let larger orders keep outbidding themselves and when the volume does pick up, by a few larger shareholders willing to sell some or all of what they hold, then they could take the shares they sold at 2,3,4,5x current bitcoin market price and start buying coins on the open market and drive the price up. So, I haven't seen the data about what the average shareholder holds in BIT but I'm sure that there's plenty of holders w/ the equivalent of 4 and 5 digits of bitcoins. If they're able to get 2,3,4,5x for their shares or more then they can do that much more damage while scooping up coins on the open market, perhaps.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
May 06, 2015, 10:15:36 AM
GBTC has started trading with no affect on market price...yet.  Only been 2 days.  Next significant date seems to be may 18th when NASDAQ Stockholm begins trading xbt provider which says they will back all shares bought with bitcoin.  Seems like this could have a much more immediate affect on price.  Volume will also be waaaay higher to start.

GBTC can't influence the market, anyways. The volume is much too low in order to do that. First of all, it's more of a long-term asset, anyways, and secondly there aren't many people who are actually eligible to sell their shares. GBTC was created by using a "loophole", anyways. A real ETF that is buying coins on the open market will make things pretty interesting, I presume!
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
May 06, 2015, 08:58:58 AM
GBTC has started trading with no affect on market price...yet.  Only been 2 days.  Next significant date seems to be may 18th when NASDAQ Stockholm begins trading xbt provider which says they will back all shares bought with bitcoin.  Seems like this could have a much more immediate affect on price.  Volume will also be waaaay higher to start.

It's been put together by KNCminer. That being the case there probably won't be much open market shenanigans. Pretty sweet deal for them.

If only a small % of money laying around flows into XBT Provider...  KNCminer could run out of coins in a very short time. I believe KNCminer will provide only small portion of coins. It is probably not in their interest to sell at those prices.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
May 06, 2015, 08:48:54 AM
GBTC has been trading for 2 days.  Shares have went for a premium over market price.  Demand outweighs supply.  All asks are being bought.  Most shareholders don't want to sell.  Flop?

I was just about to post nearly the same thing regarding the "flop" comment. I can't see how you call GBTC a flop. There are buyers, just not very many sellers. GBTC isn't an ETF. If you are expecting high volume and frequent back and forth trades with GBTC you will be disappointed.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
May 06, 2015, 08:18:29 AM
GBTC has been trading for 2 days.  Shares have went for a premium over market price.  Demand outweighs supply.  All asks are being bought.  Most shareholders don't want to sell.  Flop?
8up
Activity: 618
Merit: 500
May 06, 2015, 03:41:25 AM
GBTC is setting up to be a giant flop. Can't even create a pump with low capital risk anymore. What has happened to Bitcoin?...

Priced in long before!?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
May 06, 2015, 01:33:12 AM

Are you sure? Is there a source for this?

It'll be traded on NASDAQ Stockholm and there is no 12 month maturity date, so it will trade a lot closer to how an ETF would. I too suspect the volume should be greater than GBTC's.  This is speculation, no source. 

I agree that it *should* be higher, but will it? GBTC is setting up to be a giant flop. Can't even create a pump with low capital risk anymore. What has happened to Bitcoin?...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
May 06, 2015, 12:28:40 AM

It'll be traded on NASDAQ Stockholm and there is no 12 month maturity date, so it will trade a lot closer to how an ETF would. I too suspect the volume should be greater than GBTC's.  This is speculation, no source. 
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 05, 2015, 09:20:09 PM

It's been put together by KNCminer. That being the case there probably won't be much open market shenanigans. Pretty sweet deal for them.
legendary
May 05, 2015, 09:06:54 PM
Buyers wont need to wait for asks.  Shares will be available for market price.  Right now on gbtc demand is higher then supply.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
May 05, 2015, 08:57:53 PM

legendary
May 05, 2015, 06:37:46 PM
Pages:
Jump to: