Pages:
Author

Topic: [XCT] C-Bit - Elegantly Solving Bitcoin's Blocksize Problem [SHA256][POW] - page 48. (Read 66786 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
Tested the droid wallet, sending and receiving is working well However if I try to create a new address through the menu it crashes on me. Not a big deal.. I'm on 6.0 Marshmallow

I'm going to test it later this morning. I'm still on android 5.0. I have some other devices in tha that are rockin 6.0. If I find a solution I'll let you know.

Good stuff, thanks CryptoRekt.

We should get a nice signature setup to help promote C-Bit throughout the boards here.

yeah i agree, a signature campaign is in order. we can all contribute to a pool and whoever makes the best c-bit sig gets the prize!

ill contribute 5k XCT to it.

ill contribute 2k XCT to it too. Tell me where to send the coin for the funds

ill contribute 2k as well -- as soon as there is a donation address.

I can set up a separate wallet for this, though I feel it would be and look better if the dev or Mr. Martens would  Smiley
Activity: 377
Merit: 250
Tested the droid wallet, sending and receiving is working well However if I try to create a new address through the menu it crashes on me. Not a big deal.. I'm on 6.0 Marshmallow

I'm going to test it later this morning. I'm still on android 5.0. I have some other devices in tha that are rockin 6.0. If I find a solution I'll let you know.

We should get a nice signature setup to help promote C-Bit throughout the boards here.

yeah i agree, a signature campaign is in order. we can all contribute to a pool and whoever makes the best c-bit sig gets the prize!

ill contribute 2k as well -- as soon as there is a donation address.
legendary
Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

legendary

legendary
nice to see more people mining here
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Oh ok I think I understand.  You are saying the 10 minute block time is necessary in order for C-Bit to be "Compatible With All Bitcoin-based Technology" as intended.  Is that correct?

False. 10 minute block is not necessary to be compatible with bitcoin. You just need proper coding skills.

Hi we talked about the C-bit release on our altcoin show last night and we had a couple questions.  The first we were wondering why 10 minute blocks?  Is there some reasoning behind this decision?  Also, aside from larger blocks are there any other things C-bit is going to attempt?

You can listen to the boradcast at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14041973 if you are interested in hearing C-bit mentioned.  C-bit is discussed at 22:59:00

If you have any information we can share with our listeners next week about c-bit or if anyone from the community or team would like to talk on the show please let us know.

Thanks and good luck with your project!
We wanted the block time to equal Bitcoin
so that when the time came to synchronize
the two networks with the Helix technology,
they would be compatible, time wise. You
can't have blocks being connected if you
have blocks being formed at different times
and in different amounts.

You can still make them work if you have proper dev skills.

So why not everything BTC? Well if you ever are waiting for a trade to go through, you know that waiting even a minute is a long time. Try waiting 10 minutes. Just not a good experience. So I will make a hybrid system combining the speed of BTCD 1 minute blocks with BTC for long term storage. Trading against BTC should really be a requirement, but not sure if all passport enable blockchains will be able to do this, so it would probably need to be a strong recommendation.

iguana unites all the bitcoin compatibles using technology.

James is going to make BTCD 1 minute block work with BTC 10 minute block.

IS doing, until its DONE, is TRUE. That wasnt DONE yet. Until then... please dont be so certain, thank you Smiley

If it was obviously impossible like they are saying, why would people be trying otherwise? And not just anyone but a talented coder? Is he stupid to waste his time?
He is building something that is possible not trying to build something that is impossible. Know the difference.

Everything is possible... but most of the times just the fact that we want to do something dont make it real, or achievable. Some may succeed, but most of the time projects are droped. I would be happy if such thing was accomplished. I think it would open some big doors to crypto future... Smiley
I think everyone needs to go to the website and read
the Helix Technology explanation to understand what
I am talking about when I say the two networks need
to have synchronized blocks.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Oh ok I think I understand.  You are saying the 10 minute block time is necessary in order for C-Bit to be "Compatible With All Bitcoin-based Technology" as intended.  Is that correct?

False. 10 minute block is not necessary to be compatible with bitcoin. You just need proper coding skills.

Hi we talked about the C-bit release on our altcoin show last night and we had a couple questions.  The first we were wondering why 10 minute blocks?  Is there some reasoning behind this decision?  Also, aside from larger blocks are there any other things C-bit is going to attempt?

You can listen to the boradcast at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14041973 if you are interested in hearing C-bit mentioned.  C-bit is discussed at 22:59:00

If you have any information we can share with our listeners next week about c-bit or if anyone from the community or team would like to talk on the show please let us know.

So why not everything BTC? Well if you ever are waiting for a trade to go through, you know that waiting even a minute is a long time. Try waiting 10 minutes. Just not a good experience. So I will make a hybrid system combining the speed of BTCD 1 minute blocks with BTC for long term storage. Trading against BTC should really be a requirement, but not sure if all passport enable blockchains will be able to do this, so it would probably need to be a strong recommendation.

IS doing, until its DONE, is TRUE. That wasnt DONE yet. Until then... please dont be so certain, thank you Smiley

If it was obviously impossible like they are saying, why would people be trying otherwise? And not just anyone but a talented coder? Is he stupid to waste his time?
He is building something that is possible not trying to build something that is impossible. Know the difference.

Everything is possible... but most of the times just the fact that we want to do something dont make it real, or achievable. Some may succeed, but most of the time projects are droped. I would be happy if such thing was accomplished. I think it would open some big doors to crypto future... Smiley
Activity: 450

Activity: 168

Activity: 155

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hi we talked about the C-bit release on our altcoin show last night and we had a couple questions.  The first we were wondering why 10 minute blocks?  Is there some reasoning behind this decision?  Also, aside from larger blocks are there any other things C-bit is going to attempt?

You can listen to the boradcast at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14041973 if you are interested in hearing C-bit mentioned.  C-bit is discussed at 22:59:00

Activity: 155
Hi we talked about the C-bit release on our altcoin show last night and we had a couple questions.  The first we were wondering why 10 minute blocks?  Is there some reasoning behind this decision?  Also, aside from larger blocks are there any other things C-bit is going to attempt?

You can listen to the boradcast at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14041973 if you are interested in hearing C-bit mentioned.  C-bit is discussed at 22:59:00

android wallet connected to shapeshift!! hope they will add XCT soon
keep the good work,good wallet without blockchain download  Wink

yeah i noticed that too, lightweight wallet Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
android wallet connected to shapeshift!! hope they will add XCT soon
keep the good work,good wallet without blockchain download  Wink

btw i got the android wallet, it was on the website

Sunerok this is because you are a sexy beast.

Cheers-

Rekt
Pages:
Jump to: