Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 10. (Read 90791 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I expected to get a masari or stellite test pool to go direct to version n with more forks, but i still haven't found any. so that's fine i'll make a Linux m today.

Do you plan add the webchain algorithm?
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
I expected to get a masari or stellite test pool to go direct to version n with more forks, but i still haven't found any. so that's fine i'll make a Linux m today.
Activity: 1
hi

any update on thin in the linux version

N=20 Cryptolight-Turtle v2

thank you
thanks, you too!

nVidia: i know now i won't have time to even experiment it, and xmrig went so good that i don't think i could beat it, so i prefer just skip. also nVidia mining on Cryptonight is quite rare.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Happy New 2019 Year All miners!
Activity: 33
Very very sorry that you do not make Nvidia GPU version. You hope that when you all do decide to do it?
got a stupid question, this algo is more core or memory intensive ?
On an AES CPU, it's a joke, it does almost nothing.

On a GPU, it's less memory aggressive. Core aggressivity is the same as Monero v8, but with more, smaller steps. It's very like 1/8 of a Monero round, and it runs ~8x faster.
On AES CPU, the factor is easily x10 or x20
Activity: 162
got a stupid question, this algo is more core or memory intensive ?
try beta=16 (sometimes it's better) otherwise increase/decrease by step of 16 the multi_hash
you can make the two threads of the same GPU different in case it's better.

uPlexa is very like the old Turtle v1, you should start with the reference v7 config and then tweak, i didn't have time to search for the best configs for this algo, the auto config applies the same values as for the Turtle v1.
A 4G card should be able to go much higher than 992 on uPlexa, since it uses 1M per multi_hash.

edit:
the 0.33b15 GPU is online:

Same changes as for the 0.33m CPU:
* Turtle v2
* Remote Managment
* Coin: DeroGold
+ IGP extra fix for autoconfig

the autoconfig for Turtle v2 will apply the same params as for Monero, since i've really no time to test all cases. Cry
I saw those configuration and tried some.

I am mining uPlexa and did not see difference between --auto and using the following for RX580 8Gb and RX580 4G

{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 1, "multi_hash":1696 },
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 1, "multi_hash":1696 },
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash":992 },
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash":992 },

\With auto on 6 RX580 8Gb + 1 RX 580 4Gb I am doing almost 22kh/s

I asked to see if there was some more optimization I could try.
Thx

config:
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_gpu_miner#configuration

here you have some good config, but fine tuning may still depend on your exact card.

I'm done with Turtle v2 GPU, and satisfied with the perfs. The only thing i still need to test more is the GPU restart (an unrelated feature).

One of my RX560 gave the exact same speed as my Ryzen 1600 stock for Monero v8: 480 h/s.
On Turtle v2, the RX jumped to 4150, and the Ryzen to 9300 Shocked
really a good algo for CPU Cool

I've uploaded a video to help beginners set custom cpu cores & threads.
I noticed it a few days ago, thanks again!
any configuration for AMD RX 580 8Gb gpus?
want to try a config.txt instead of auto

thx
Fine, I had been such a collector, and still use old rigs like Core2 + HD7850, but they're offline now, the coin prices don't cover the electricity cost any longer.
My preferred retro PC i built was a K6-3+ on a P5A from 1998 with some crazy hardware attached to it, like a GeForce4, 1G ram and RAID disks. I wanted to make the most powerful Socket7 PC ever, and i was probably not far Cool
Sad the 32-bits only no longer let me use it for real. It's not a matter of power, but of software compatibility.

I've a working Turtle-v2 capable GPU version but i'm not satisfied with the performance yet. And i want to make the remote restart working fine, which is harder than for just CPU mining.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
@migo77 : so you also have a Dual Opteron? Shocked
Are you an old hardware collector? Those servers are getting rarer.
I don't plan to buy one now, the old cpu mining is evaporating because of the low coin prices, i entered quite late into the miner dev game Sad
Even your Opteron perf are quite disapointing, that's like +8% here, but the +30% was for v7, i didn't rebench meanwhile.

Hi JCE, yes I've only one dual opteron, all other CPU miners are old xeons.  I've some 270x,280x,290x and vega64 too, but all on Linux so no chance for JCE. Sad

Yes, V8 fork degraded performance for all my old servers by 30% and more sometimes using XMR-stak. Sad( Som of looses can be recovered with JCEminer Smiley but not all. Most problematic is Xeon E5520 and I've several of them Sad

Yes, collector of old good HW mostly SUN servers Smiley
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Forks for known crypto should be the priority, both CPU and GPU version. I'd like to be able to mine TRTL with GPU again, right now it's a waste because of FPGAs and / or nicehash.
@migo77 : so you also have a Dual Opteron? Shocked
Are you an old hardware collector? Those servers are getting rarer.
I don't plan to buy one now, the old cpu mining is evaporating because of the low coin prices, i entered quite late into the miner dev game Sad
Even your Opteron perf are quite disapointing, that's like +8% here, but the +30% was for v7, i didn't rebench meanwhile.

@ILYA_Zzz:
Here's your remote managment. But it's not the same as Claymore, i made an ultra-simplified one.

Mac: nope sorry, i'm very very not a mac person. But aren't Macs just rebranded x64 PCs now?
While my linux users are like 2%, i cannot imagine how few Mac users I could have Cry

Planned: forks. I've tons of forks to add, and don't forget i've 4 cpu versions to update, not counting the multi-things (aes/not, 32/64). It requires a lot of time.

At least here's a new one:

JCE CPU Windows 0.33m

Turtle v2 fork
Dego coin
HTTP Remote managment

Still have to add the new Masari and Stellite, while i'm a lot less motivated to add Hycon and Webchain.
any chance to have a version for macOS ? got a dual Xeon 20 cores Hackintosh.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
JCE, what plans you have now? On GPU part... Any enchancements for speed, or energy saving?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
JCE, about MASARI Fork:

"Barring any setbacks, on January 11, 2019 Masari will fork to include SECOR (Uncle Mining) + Bulletproofs, & move to the next generation of CN-Fast for its proof of work algorithm.
CN-Fast v2 moves CN-Fast from CNv7 to CNv8, and continues with halving iterations. Open source mining binaries will be provided on the Masari GitHub sometime before the fork date."
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
I've uploaded a video to help beginners set custom cpu cores & threads.

JCEMiner Cryptonote CPU Miner - How to Set Custom No. CPU Core & Thread Count
Pages:
Jump to: