Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 83. (Read 90814 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

Rx550 2gb   CNv7  520hs
That's were JCE is the best, the small RX on CN-v7 Wink

Hey man, Good job with the miner. experimenting with more straps (nearly reach 590 h/s with your miner, however got rejects due to unstable clock/strap). There is a big problem though, how do you suggest
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 128, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : ..., "multi_hash":464 },
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 128, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : ..., "multi_hash":464 },
Which OS do you use lol? this intensity is insane... 5 month ago on elpidas maximum i could get with GG (old) was 448, hynix would BSOD.
NOW, with all the bloatware from microsoft over the past months and amd drivers i can only set intensity to 25-26 (SRB, equivalent to 400-408 here) in your miner howver, the maximum i was able to get to work was:
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 128, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash":448 },
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 128, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash":416 }
Do you think i have a problem with 18.3.4 driver, Windows 10 1709

Set alpha to 64, this can increase speed about 3-5%. And install latest 18.6.1 driver. It also can add speed and srability.
Activity: 80
Merit: 13

Rx550 2gb   CNv7  520hs

Hey man, Good job with the miner. experimenting with more straps (nearly reach 590 h/s with your miner, however got rejects due to unstable clock/strap). There is a big problem though, how do you suggest
Which OS do you use lol? this intensity is insane... 5 month ago on elpidas maximum i could get with GG (old) was 448, hynix would BSOD.
NOW, with all the bloatware from microsoft over the past months and amd drivers i can only set intensity to 25-26 (SRB, equivalent to 400-408 here) in your miner howver, the maximum i was able to get to work was:
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 128, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash":448 },
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 128, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash":416 }
Do you think i have a problem with 18.3.4 driver, Windows 10 1709
Activity: 361
Merit: 16
any recommendation about settings for heavy algo on vega?
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
Integrated graphics?
hooo, very important point. it means that not only my APU detection is broken but also kills the detect of other GPUs. i'll rewrite my code, thanks.

any feedback about the speed?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Windows 7-64, blockchain drivers, 2 x Sapphire Nitro+ RX470 8GB:

Code:
Detecting OpenCL-capable GPUs...
No OpenCL-capable GPU found.

Works great on latest AMD drivers, Windows 10 and VEGA56's.

is there any reason to still be using blockchain drivers?

I upgraded to 18.5.1, still the same problem.  System has integrated graphics on motherboard.  Is there a way to tell it to use gpu-platform 1, like in other miners?
Activity: 70
Merit: 0

Code:

is there any reason to still be using blockchain drivers?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...

Code:

Well configured, JCE is always above Gateless. My opponents are SRB, Claymore 11.3 and Cast. The Wolf-0 miners (Xmrig, Stak, Gateless...) at below now.
Go to the Github page to get some optimal configs.

CN-Heavy is a separate case where JCE is lower than others, i'm working on it.

Version 0.31c out

Code:
--doublecheck for CPU re-check (has negligeible impact on speed, even if you mine with CPU)
Little CN-Heavy optim (but still disapointing)
More complete error code if compile fails
Blind fix for GPUs not recognized

Rx550 2gb   CNv7  520hs

But why all those greeks, why did not you use like others, intensity, worksize etc named settings  ? Smiley
* worksize is the same as Stak
* intensity is the same, but called multi_hash to be consistent with the CPU version, and because that's about multi-hash and not intensity: the higher is not always the faster, and doesn't push more your card. It just allocates more memory.
* the greeks are fine-tuning settings, in order of importance. Alpha and beta have an impact on speed, rarely others, i admit.

edit:
As every time I try to optimize my CN-Heavy, I end with an optim that's good on...  CN-v7
i've rebenched my HD7000s and got a nice +0.5% extra perf. Maybe it's faster on Vega or RX500 too.
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
Hello,

What is the hashrate with RX 580 samsung mem ?

I get 1000 h/s with GatelessSharp.
Activity: 2
On RX370 it should work, i'll release a desperate attempt to make it work on lastest AMD drivers.
If it's of any help, it didn't work with adrenaline 18.3.4 too, just tried.
clinfo correctly detect the card.
I tried several optims, but only one seems positive and stable, so i release this one for now. I get a little +1.1% on my RX560 on Heavy.

I tried it for fun on an old HD6950 and... it works! No idea of the performances, i didn't configured, the default 256M thread started well.

On nVidia i think it just doesn't work at all. I don't have a nVidia myself and so never even tried.

On RX370 it should work, i'll release a desperate attempt to make it work on lastest AMD drivers.

Activity: 2
Hello,

I was trying to the JCE GPU miner on a xeon machine with a Radeon R7 370, but the miner doesn't find any capable OpenCL card (with the --probe parameter).
The same R7 370 works corrently on another miner.
The OS is Windows 7 with latest Adrenaline drivers.
Is the R7 370 supported ?
In case more info are needed, just let me know Smiley
Activity: 15
Anybody use miner at GTX 970 ? What is the best hashrate?
Activity: 225
I have tried all the CN miners and now this one. I have been testing for 3 days now on various algos JCE wins hands down my friends my results below:
Vega  CNv7  2020hs  CN fast  3800hs  CN heavy  1500hs
Rx570 4gb   CNv7  970hs   CN fast  1850hs CN heavy  700hs
Rx550 2gb   CNv7  520hs   CN fast  950hs  CN  heavy  290hs

Rock solid and stable. Love the affective hashrate reading too.

If you have more optimizations coming I would be super impressed.
Great work!!!
Activity: 156
edit: i wanted to add support for ITA fork, a fork of Haven, and noticed they changed
Code:
idx0 = (~d) ^ q
into
Code:
idx0 = ~(d ^ q)

which... is exactly the same*. That ITA coin is in the hand of real experts, no reason to panic. Roll Eyes

* binary not and xor are both commutative and reversible. Like -a*b is -(a*b) or a*(-b), binary ~d^q is ~(d^q)

That real expert is called Imperdin, making a fool of himself, underestimating other guys work (gandalph - castxmr , doktor83 - srbminer).
Btw. i tried your miner and i really like it, works good and stable.

But why all those greeks, why did not you use like others, intensity, worksize etc named settings  ? Smiley
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Keep on heavy algo please !

Little update for CN 7

GPU / settings / hardware setting (c = core; m = mem)/ hashrate at best for the moment
RX570 4GB (display) / 704 / 1230c & 2100m / 959
RX570 4GB / 928 / 1230c & 2020m / 989
RX570 4GB / 928 / 1240c & 2030m / 861

Total hashrate around 2800H/s (best combined 2805). Power draw 330-335W at the wall (bios mod & undervolt).

CPU mining CN lite variant 7 algo (ryzen 2400G): 835H/s at best (usually 750-820H/s), power draw: 20W
I all.

I've very few time to reply here since i'm focusing on pimping my Heavy implementation. I'm getting good results on HD7950. If i'm as lucky as I was for CN-v7, a little optim on one chip will be still better on another.

Quick answer about Linux: my motivation remains quite low, I was told at the time of JCE CPU that linux datacenter running old CPU (Opterons, Core2-Xeon...) would be my nice market, and so far that's something like 5% of my users. I'm afaraid there are not so many Vega rigs running on Linux. And as said above, a hardware-overload-free rig running Windows 10 (or even 8.1) is rocks stable. Maybe Linux is less sensitive to hardware failure but i never considered that good (except if you plan to send a miner in space or something).
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Coin/Algo:  Alloy  /  cryptonight-alloy  

How would I determine optimized settings?  I guess I should see what I get on CN v7 to see if it's close to that 900 number.  any suggestions of coins to try?  Sumo?
Oh. Alloy is a harder variant of CN Heavy. You shouldn't mine CN-Heavy or CN-Alloy with CPUs, since their drop of hashrate in comparison to CN ist enormous, whereas GPUs aren't affected in the same way. CN-Heavy and CN-Alloy are tailormade for GPUs.  Sad Consider to mine a CN-Lite coin with your CPUs. You may reach around 2700 H/s with CN-Lite (Aeon, Turtlecoin) or about 1300 H/s with CN-Fast (Masari).  Cheesy If you want to mine CNv7, why not Monero? Smiley Sumo is back to ASIC friendly original CN. It's absurd to mine an ASIC coin with CPUs.  Undecided
I didn't know that about AMD FX Piledriver dies.  Your response is very informative.  Thank you for that.
No problem Smiley

Howdy Smiley   Just to catch up, I finally got around to test mining some Aeon and it is in the ballpark of your estimates.  I hit about 3300 h/s with my 2x Opteron 6376.  It's not bad but also not great. 

Pros: 1. It works.  2. hash rate seems okay

Cons: 1. I couldn't cover power costs to mine it. 

It's still interesting I may mine a few despite the power cost.  Or I could probably just buy some... idk yet.  At least I know I can keep my eye open for new cryptolight coins that may emerge.
Activity: 225
JCE GPU is on Win64 only.
I don't know if i'll release a Linux version. On CPU version, linux users are like 5% of total, not good to be motivated. And Linux miners are a lot more rare than Windows ones.

There's much more big time miners with GPU rigs running on Linux than you think. They don't like to babysit 24/7 like you have to do with Windows. That's also where most of the hashes could hit your miner because they do like to scale things way too much Smiley

You can't see them on the CPU version because they don't mine with CPUs to get 100 more hashes. People who you can see on the CPU version are just using old hardware to squeeze a few extra hashes from their old laptop, not a serious miners.

There's so many miners saying if they can get 2K hashes on Cryptonight from Vega they would switch back to Linux in seconds. I personally use my Vegas on another algos just because I'm not planning to use Windows even if I can make a few more bucks in a week. No thanks.

I don't use linux for vega because of the lack of undervolting capabilities. Cards use way to much power and run way to hot under linux. I am not fixated on the OS just the most profitable. Also its way more than a few bucks extra a month.
I think vega miners would switch if gpu monitoring software was better.
Vega on windoz is very stable if you know what your doing. I have been runing vegas on windoz for nearlly a year now
I am trying to set the JCE miner on my home PC, that is Vega 64 and Ryzen 1700

When I do the "auto" my CPU is hashing 600+ H/s, but when i remove auto and put -c config.txt to use the GPU as well, no matter what config i try, my CPU always ends up hashing 300-400 or even less. I am trying to mine CN7. Anybody have some good configuration for 8-core ryzen to copy paste into the config for CN7 mining?

Question 2. How to see why is the difference between blue hashrate and effective hashrate? Only few times so far I have seen stale rejected share or duplicate, but sometimes there is quite the difference between blue and effective hashrate and I would like to see if I have some hardware errors or something

Question 3: Why is it not recommended to run the log file?

Question 4: I am mining on moneroocean pool, how to know if the miner is mining properly if the coin is switched by the pool?

I started the rigs more than 40 hours ago and so far there was 0 issues with stability. Whenever I had srbminer uptime for more than few days, some cards would lose few H/s, up to hundred or two. Here, so far, perfect. I didn't even do any tuning, justa copy paste of config with 1936 intensity that fellow forumer put here, and 0 issues with best hash rate I have ever seen from a miner.

Is there any chance you get a Vega card for better development? Smiley

Wow, you're such a Vega-holic Smiley

1. You probably left the default example of CPU in the config.txt that mine little, as a fail safe example. Lermite here kindly gave the best known config for Ryzen 1700. Take a look at the Github doc, there are more example. The CPU part of JCE GPU is 100% the same than in JCE CPU. Hence why the binary is as big.

2. Mathematically, Effective should converge to average blue hashrate minus 2% (-0.9% fee, ~ -1% stale shares, the Stale loss is higher on Nicehash). But since the blue is an instant hashrate and Effective is the sum of found share divided by the uptime, at one precise point of time, they may be very different. They tend on the long term. To check for errors, enable the log and search for "Rejected".

3. No hard reason, just that is prevents your hard drive to go to Sleep mode. That's why i disable log by default, otherwise there's no impact at all on performances.

4. If you get the shares pool-side, so all is good. Otherwise when you select the wrong fork, there's a long message from JCE to give config advices. If the pool switch coin in the middle of a session, which may happen once per year, so JCE will be kicked. Because it generates, compiles, optimizes and obfuscates its OpenCL for a very precise mining session, hotswitch is absolutly impossible.
I don't plan to add this feature that would be useful once or twice per year. And even auto-switch coins like ETN may need manual reconfigure on automatic switcher like XMRig. No motivation to implement this.

5. My approach to make rigs is:
* Use one single 150A tweaked industrial 12V power block instead of normal PSUs. Pros: cheap, fanless, has control over voltage. Cons: no software power-on/off, either all or none rigs can be up at a time, needs some soldering.
* Use decade-old bases, I love low-voltage core2-quad + DDR2, Bulldozer +DDR3 is good too. DDR4 is so expensive Sad
* Use quad- or penta- RX550 rather than a vega for the same hashrate. Pro: cheaper, consumes less power. Cons: one full rig is equal to just one vega.

So at this stage i've no Vega to planned for buy, but if i get good feedbacks from my improved Heavy code, I may try to get one. Even a used loud blower one would do the job.

Sincerely your miner is best as it's the one gives me highest hashrate.pls add gpu temp , backup pools (just in case) and the ability to automatically reboot the rig in case of gpu failure or miner crash. Wink Wink
Thanks bro.
All this is somehow planned but i've still a lot of other features to add.

version 0.31b GPU done, now testing. I rewrote my Heavy algo (and no, not with that imperdin-thing, again, my code is completely different) and got something like 0.4% on my HD7950... I lack the most popular cards (RX570, 580 and Vega) to optimize on, i'm relying on bling optims for now Sad

edit: i wanted to add support for ITA fork, a fork of Haven, and noticed they changed
Code:
idx0 = (~d) ^ q
into
Code:
idx0 = ~(d ^ q)

which... is exactly the same*. That ITA coin is in the hand of real experts, no reason to panic. Roll Eyes

* binary not and xor are both commutative and reversible. Like -a*b is -(a*b) or a*(-b), binary ~d^q is ~(d^q)
Pages:
Jump to: