Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] smoothie / Lealana wants to do physical coins - page 2. (Read 2919 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
i would be into a physical Monero if it looked timeless and valuable.

smoothie - can you get coins manufactured that look like old roman currency?

Example pic?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
i would be into a physical Monero if it looked timeless and valuable.

smoothie - can you get coins manufactured that look like old roman currency?
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
Platinum could be used
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Yes thank you!

I've been waiting for this day to come!  Cheesy

To know we have such strong support in the XMR community from smoothie has to be bullish!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Give us a break.

She's a little dreamer,  yes she is.  Litecoin.  No, it was not enough to her,  not enough.  A heart filled with greed and hatred.

A fruity smoothie - yet shafting through its core - rotten foulness and depravity.

Not eternally.  No.  A cancerous shadow will come upon her and strike suddenly and devastatingly.

§HMWD§

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
As I've said previously, this is something I am considering.

But at the same time I would like to take my time and make sure I have everything in order and tested for key generation as well as importing.

Hopefully I am able to write some code to generate small enough keys to fit on the coin (if there isn't already open source software out there to do this).

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
he also mentioned that these coins will be self funded. So how does that work. How do we know the address to send XMR too without printing the complete address on the coin?

about denominations:

I would prefer just a "1 XMR" coin, 1 ounce silver Wink

He can just write the address of each coin on a thing called Paper Wink and include it.

aha, lol, yeah   Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
he also mentioned that these coins will be self funded. So how does that work. How do we know the address to send XMR too without printing the complete address on the coin?

about denominations:

He can just write the address of each coin on a thing called Paper Wink and include it.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

about denominations:

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Ok, sounds good.

So to make them you need a short form of the privatekeys, i guess you can´t print 24 words from the deterministic keys on the hologram?

We could prolly make deterministic seeds that need just the first 4 chars of the word to work, would that help?
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
smoothie wrote this in the Monero Speculation thread.

Okay sorry for the continued off-topic smooth...

Yes there are regulatory issues for funded coins (funded by me) and these coins would need to be buyer-funded as I currently do with all of my coins now where I never hold customer coins.

For all future questions and to be respectful to smooth, If you folks have questions please PM me or create a thread to discuss it. Currently I am still considering the idea but nothing is concrete as I like to make sure I have everything in order and tested before I start any sort of production of this type of product.

Mahalo

Here we discuss how to make it happen. Will it be the same thing as loading a physical LTC? Will it be in any other material other than silver/gold? What fits for XMR?
Pages:
Jump to: