Pages:
Author

Topic: Xpm mining for linux using Clintars T16 linux port of Aeroclouds Xpm miner - page 2. (Read 6997 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Compiled this for FreeBSD 9.1, with only one source modification and 1 small change to the makefile... (The source change shouldn't actually make any difference, it's just extra curly braces where they shouldn't be needed, but the compiler was being fussy)

I'll send you the changes to check over via PM soon, so you can check them yourself (you may well have a better way of doing it)
Activity: 932
arcs-chain.com
Works great on Gentoo, how about avx and v.17?
Activity: 212
Please message me with any issues you find, and thank you to merc84 (mercuryminer) for helping spread the word.

Issues I've fixed since this was first posted:

Input only worked for the first keypress.
Default target set to 10.
Version shows now in connected miners page.

If you had any of these issues, run "git pull" to get latest code, and then "make" to build new version with fixes.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Hello everyone i have been mining xpm @ ypool for a while now and am happy to bring linux users an update on a more recent miner. For sometime now the only real choice has been tandyuk's port of Rde's v3.3 miner or running under a newer windows miner under wine. So now there is a newer linux miner out I am glad to finally share my easy setup code, please note this code was adapted for ubuntu and has been tested on 13.04 and 13.10 only so far(added code tested for centos 6.4 server), and is intended for use on ypool. Please note there maybe issue removing libgmp packages and it is suggested to either remove the self complied libgmp lines or start on fresh os install, the guide was designed and tested for setting up on machines not already loaded with required deps.

Copy paste the below into terminal editing the parts with < > also edit primorials (0 disables them), recommended 3-4 threads Per primorial, Max 1 primorial per 2 threads. Heres some of the more popular primorials 31,37,41,43,47,53,59,61
Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get -y install build-essential m4 openssl libssl-dev git libjson0 libjson0-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev && cd && rm -rf gmp-5.1.3.tar.bz2 gmp-5.1.3 && wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/gnu/gmp/gmp-5.1.3.tar.bz2 && tar xjvf gmp-5.1.3.tar.bz2 && cd gmp-5.1.3 && ./configure --enable-cxx && make -j && sudo make install && cd && sudo git clone https://github.com/clintar/jhPrimeminer-Aero.git && cd jhPrimeminer-Aero && sudo make && ./jhprimeminer -o mining.ypool.net:8081 -u .xpm_< > -p -m 61 -m2 0 -m3 0 -m4 0

Centos:
yum groupinstall "Development Tools" -y && yum install openssl openssl-devel openssh-clients git -y && cd && wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/gnu/gmp/gmp-5.1.3.tar.bz2 && tar xjvf gmp-5.1.3.tar.bz2 && cd gmp-5.1.3 && ./configure --enable-cxx && make && sudo -s make install && cd && git clone https://github.com/clintar/jhPrimeminer-Aero.git && cd jhPrimeminer-Aero && LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib make && ./jhprimeminer -o mining.ypool.net:8081 -u .xpm_< > -p -m 61 -m2 0 -m3 0 -m4 0

"List of ports that are currently open for mining: 8080, 8081, 8082, 8083, 8084, 8085, 8086, 8087, 10034" quoted from ypool howto

This will install all required deps and compile libgmp from scratch with optimizations for ur system, compile the miner and kick off the mining process. If you are running on a multi cpu platform u should benefit from using 1 mining process for each physical cpu (using numactl).

Credits: Clintar for the linux port of Aero's T16, Aero for the source code, myself for the easy setup code. If you found this helpful please support the Dev's (Clintar and Aero) and myself for the setup code.
clintar xpm:AGWshdugRrRBXwR63Eqs3sgdcMiZV3koJE
aero: XPM: AFv6FpGBqzGUW8puYzitUwZKjSHKczmteY
BTC: 1Btqu2HjBmzdwgF98E97ArJLmqBBXeSbpT
LTC: LaG6ss46XN8QxkZAmKV4ps8PpGPAZBGbEW
PTS: PtNDjXdcf8bPwgZvhscQE2GfwSVJZUkRyK
Merc xpm: APNZ86mBed8KXbqpjxmL71u2VkCKBMFQSp

Pages:
Jump to: