Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Primecoin Built-in Miner Sieve Performance Issue - page 4. (Read 69113 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange

I don`t believe that there is no solution about this "problem"

use addnode. search the thread for valid nodes to add.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Someone has to determine the miner situation. Which one works best for intel and AMD, Sandy, Ivy, Haswell, FX etc.

I'll help you.
Consider we have currently ~1 block found every 5 seconds.
Consider the whole network has probably over 4m pps total right now.

It comes down to rolling a dice every 5 seconds.
For example, with my insane 250pps, I have approximatively 0.006% chance to get a block every 5 seconds.

Understand why you haven't found one, now ?  Smiley

assuming a 4M pps network and that probability is proportional to pps, for each thousand of pps you should get four blocks per day.

How high should the difficulty be at 4M pps?

That should be answered by a dev. I don't know the relation betwen difficulty and network 'pps power'
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Someone has to determine the miner situation. Which one works best for intel and AMD, Sandy, Ivy, Haswell, FX etc.

I'll help you.

For example, with my insane 250pps, I have approximatively 0.006% chance to get a block every 5 seconds.

assuming a 4M pps network and that probability is proportional to pps, for each thousand of pps you should get four blocks per day.

How high should the difficulty be at 4M pps?
Activity: 96

I'll help you.

Activity: 280
I mine  zero block with 4 laptop during 24hrs.

难道我的人品有这么差吗?难道我就不能挖“人品币”-PrimeCoin吗?

QQ群:255519396
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

I'll help you.

Activity: 182
No, someone doesn't have to.

It might be kinda nice, but there is certainly no obligation, much less a mandate, on anyone to do so.

Other than persona incentive and then sharing with everyone and feeling good about themselves. Also donations don't hurt.
Activity: 742
PPS seems to max out for me at ~8 threads per CPU, but I have no idea if this is actually helping or hurting performance.

I haven't found many blocks by running with 8 threads per cpu, but that could be a factor of bad luck or a higher network speed.

Do folks believe the PPS numbers coming out of primecoind when running with many threads per cpu?
Activity: 280

It might be kinda nice, but there is certainly no obligation, much less a mandate, on anyone to do so.

+1, nicely said.
Indeed It's right up there with the difference between "want" and "need"
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins

+1, nicely said.
Activity: 476

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I'm currently using this version: primecoin0712v2-ivyonly

Mining for 13 hours now with around 1200-1500 PPS and not a single coin yet... does anyone actually got a coin with this build?
I`ve try every build from this tread, and still nothing. I`ll appreciate any help for my still going problem.

im sure you are just unlucky Sad found 2 blocks last night with chemist build
Unlucky, unlucky how much to be? For 1-2 CPU may be but for 13-15 CPU`s.
Any help i`m still stuck on zero (0) found blocks - past 81 hours.

Welcome to the club.
I don`t believe that there is no solution about this "problem"
Activity: 182

Mining for 13 hours now with around 1200-1500 PPS and not a single coin yet... does anyone actually got a coin with this build?
I`ve try every build from this tread, and still nothing. I`ll appreciate any help for my still going problem.

Welcome to the club.

Activity: 359

Welcome to the club.
Activity: 364

Activity: 141
I'd like to know if I'm the only one having this problem:

The primecoin client appears to be working normally, it says up to date and everything, but when you restart it then it tells you it's about 6 hours behind and you have orphan blocks.

have the same problem.

Have you guys tried backing up your wallets, uninstalling and reinstalling?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0

The primecoin client appears to be working normally, it says up to date and everything, but when you restart it then it tells you it's about 6 hours behind and you have orphan blocks.

have the same problem.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Yes, got this problem with official and unofficial new builds on Windows. Will try primecoind, as that seems to be fine on linux.
Activity: 506

Activity: 359
15-17hrs mining now, mostly with the compiled original 0.1.1 version in linux. Runs at about 900-1000pps, fyi. Got one transaction that stayed in immature state for at least 3136 confirmations. Tried Chemist's version for a few hours, maybe some difference in primespersec, then switched back to original.
Another pc running the same period of time in windows with the stock qt version, fetching about 100-150pps, wasn't as "lucky".

Today is a different day Smiley

PS.  Does it always  take that long to confirm immature transactions?

It takes 3200 confirmations to be matured.
Pages:
Jump to: