Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Primecoin High Performance Linux Compilation Guide - page 8. (Read 43535 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 500
ran this guide on one of my new ubuntu 12.x servers and when running the command to start it i get these errors

gateway@a:~/work$ ./run-primecoind: line 1: 14844 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14847 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14850 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14853 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14856 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1

You can type killall run-primecoind to kill the script if you haven't already.

GCC is misdetecting your CPU and compiling wrong set of instructions into the binary. I removed the -march=native compiler flag from the instructions. I guess I'll have to leave it out if it's causing too many problems.

Ok ill try again, this is my cpu's

processor       : 4
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 45
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz
stepping        : 7
microcode       : 0x70d
cpu MHz         : 2600.072
cache size      : 20480 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 8
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 10
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 sep cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm
bogomips        : 5200.14
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
ran this guide on one of my new ubuntu 12.x servers and when running the command to start it i get these errors

gateway@a:~/work$ ./run-primecoind: line 1: 14844 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14847 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14850 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14853 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1
./run-primecoind: line 1: 14856 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) primecoind > /dev/null 2>&1

You can type killall run-primecoind to kill the script if you haven't already.

GCC is misdetecting your CPU and compiling wrong set of instructions into the binary. I removed the -march=native compiler flag from the instructions. I guess I'll have to leave it out if it's causing too many problems.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
1. can you modify these commands for Centos 6.3 64bit because most servers run this OS.

Ok, I tried compiling on CentOS, and I ran into some issues with OpenSSL. Apparently Red Hat went and removed support for elliptic curve cryptography...

Hello,

Ok, thanks very much for trying to help. That is not good news, bloody red hat Smiley

Activity: 770
Thanks a lot !

You kept the 1M sievesize? I thought the 2M was better

Has someone made a comparison on testnet? Thanks.
1. can you modify these commands for Centos 6.3 64bit because most servers run this OS.

Ok, I tried compiling on CentOS, and I ran into some issues with OpenSSL. Apparently Red Hat went and removed support for elliptic curve cryptography...
Woudn't it be better to:
Code:
cd ~
After step 2?

I added 'cd' to the start of steps 2 and 3 just to be safe.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Independent Analyst
Woudn't it be better to:
Code:
cd ~
After step 2?

I think you only need to pull different dependencies but I'm going to check that.

2. when you say create a bash script

cd
echo '#!/bin/bash
killall --older-than 10s -q run-primecoind primecoind
function background_loop
        while :; do
                primecoind >/dev/null 2>&1
                sleep 1
        done
background_loop &' > run-primecoind
chmod +x run-primecoind

do i type these commands into putty or do i put that all in a text file, call it something, upload to the server and then somehow run this?

thanks

Those are the commands you should copy and paste into PuTTY.
Activity: 602
Sent you a 1BTC for good community work!

bca82b59aa139da4bdb1127257431f282fd924b540a0566d9adfe3eb0af3bc76
Do you recommend compiling gmp? Is their a list of supported CPUs ?
legendary
Updated the guide a bit to add -march=native to CXXFLAGS. If you already used the guide, you only need to do step 3 again to optimize for host CPU.

2. when you say create a bash script

cd
echo '#!/bin/bash
killall --older-than 10s -q run-primecoind primecoind
function background_loop
        while :; do
                primecoind >/dev/null 2>&1
                sleep 1
        done
background_loop &' > run-primecoind
chmod +x run-primecoind

do i type these commands into putty or do i put that all in a text file, call it something, upload to the server and then somehow run this?

thanks
Independent Analyst
Updated the guide a bit to add -march=native to CXXFLAGS. If you already used the guide, you only need to do step 3 again to optimize for host CPU.

Awesome, have sent you 13 XPM to thank for this guide. I will donate a lot more later on Wink
Transaction ID: e9e80fd0deab2878d2918e98d28291a04475044f6a64d35e0d95b5f1d8cc856b-000
legendary
please can you make one for centos, i tried for 20 hours to get centos to work and i could not. thanks Smiley
Is linux better for mining or should i keep my system on Windows 7?

I think at least my 64-bit Windows build should be nearly as fast for all practical purposes.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Is linux better for mining or should i keep my system on Windows 7?
Independent Analyst
Thanks for a complete guide!
Thanks a lot !

It's there so that people can change it if they want.
Activity: 392
Thanks a lot !

Pages:
Jump to: