Pages:
Author

Topic: XRP implied market cap is now larger than BTC's ! - page 2. (Read 1754 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 629
I think people are finally grasping what ripple is doing and how systemically big ripple's role is going to be.

i think its fair to say Ripple is like the new google for Finance... the way google was in 1990's for tech industry.. and also pretty given that ripple will eat ( already eating ? ) huge percent of Swift meal ... so yeah...

I fully agree with that view.  They will only need to find a way to stabilize their coins somehow, but if they hold back a significant reserve, they can play FED that way, once it is big enough.  The difficulty of banks to settle internationally (where there is no common point of trust, the central bank) can indeed be solved with such an instrument, if there is going to be a way to limit volatility risk.  It can be a huge inter-bank settlement layer, which is what I think Ripple wants to become.  They are not embroiled in any decentralized difficulty ; ripple is willingly a centralized crypto ; this will allow them to take advantage of several aspects of crypto, without its problems due to total trustlessness, which is not needed on that level.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
actually i am glad that this happened.
maybe people start to realize how crappy marketcap is when they are comparing cryptocurrencies. they have been repeating over and over that since ETH has the highest marketcap then it is a good altcoin and now this one. all these coins on top are proving how fake it is to "produce" a big market cap for an altcoin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Guys, Ripple is just saying when and how XRP will be issued.

The number of coins doesn't change.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If XRP released that 66% of coins into circulation it would reduce the scarcity of the current coins to a third of what it is now. The value of an XRP token would plummet until the market cap gets close to what it was before the release.

I read it perfectly clear. I was replying to OP about how his example of implied market cap was not a realistic example and what would happen.

well the point was to take of fear that ripple might suddenly do a surprise dump. now there is no such chance, even if you held them under the gun. Escrow is one and done.

btw, 100 bil coin has never been a problem at all, if they even take 3% of swift's load they will need to reprice XRP at 3 usd each to provide adequate liquidity and collateral availability for 300 Billion USD movement.

the problem was always "what if ripple someday unannounced come and dump coin in the market ?"  and i believe that has been completely addressed.
Activity: 420
If XRP released that 66% of coins into circulation it would reduce the scarcity of the current coins to a third of what it is now. The value of an XRP token would plummet until the market cap gets close to what it was before the release.

I think you might have not read the news.. Ripple actually announced that it is locking 55 Billion of its coins from supply :-) ...  so the circulation coin + a billion more is all thats left.

Discussion Thread : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/breaking-ripple-confirms-55-b-xrp-lock-using-middle-man-free-rcl-escrow-feature-1920623

Source : https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

Key Points :

I think people are finally grasping what ripple is doing and how systemically big ripple's role is going to be.

i think its fair to say Ripple is like the new google for Finance... the way google was in 1990's for tech industry.. and also pretty given that ripple will eat ( already eating ? ) huge percent of Swift meal ... so yeah...

I read it perfectly clear. I was replying to OP about how his example of implied market cap was not a realistic example and what would happen.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I think you might have not read the news.. Ripple actually announced that it is locking 55 Billion of its coins from supply :-) ...  so the circulation coin + a billion more is all thats left.

Discussion Thread : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/breaking-ripple-confirms-55-b-xrp-lock-using-middle-man-free-rcl-escrow-feature-1920623

Source : https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

Key Points :

Activity: 420
Activity: 602
As of May 17 2017

1 BTC is worth $ 1790, maximum 21 millions coins. Implied market cap = $ 37.59 billions
1 XRP is worth $ 0.41, maximum 100 billion coins. Implied market cap = $ 41 billions

Do you believe that this is justified ?

To me, it shows that XRP is completely overvalued.
Pages:
Jump to: