Pages:
Author

Topic: XRP price leaps nearly 20%, leaves investors confused - page 3. (Read 584 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101
Ripple couple days ago took over Ethereum in market capitalization. But I still have little confidence in XRP due to it's centralization. I have never obtained XRP and still have no desire to stack it. 
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward […

Read the full article at:https://www.trackcoinmarket.com/en/crypto-news/28490/xrp-price-leaps-20-leaves-investors-confused
I really do not see any reason why investors should be confused. XRP even though I have always have my skepticism about it as a result of its centralized nature, totally makes it susceptible to price pumps and dumps as well as it being controlled. Nevertheless, we got some news regarding the Xrapid program recently and some partnership of some sort which I am sure could have actually been one of the reasons why the volume and spike came about. Well, as long as it leads to profit, there is certainly nothing to be confused about here.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Xrp can be manipulated easily  because it is centralized and guys with stash with funds could  make ripple rise while they suck in money from FOMO.  I will wait a little bit to see if there is any technical support for the Xrp price rise!
Activity: 406
Merit: 110

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward […

Read the full article at:https://www.trackcoinmarket.com/en/crypto-news/28490/xrp-price-leaps-20-leaves-investors-confused

And almost as if on cue. The price of XRP again drops more than 20%.

I guess you really can't expect much of the market right now with all the speculation surrounding the manipulation behind crypto. It's like they say, the "wild west," where in one day you can easily double your money and at the next day lose it all.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

Well that 20% become almost 70% as Ripple’s market cap break the second spot as ethereum been dethroned by this one

I hate saying this but i am frustrated because of not having even a single XRP on my folios damn decisions.i hated this coin once as the banks manipulated this centralized coins
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
https://www.empirehotels.io
Now you need to be very careful and weigh the risk of losing money there and you are going to invest in Ripple as it is pure speculation that began because of the news background !
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
It's pumped now by 22.34%

That article you gave redirects the whole article to another website for the Read More.

What's with that?

I wouldn't be surprised if XRP would dump after this.
It is centralized, and this could have just been a manipulated pump for all I care, just saying! Sure, the volume really looks enticing and for me, I really do not consider XRP as a long term market to be in, but some market I would rather just do some short term trade and as long as it sings profit, no shit.

Investors rather than being confused though, should just be having a swell time accruing the profits as long as they know what they are doing. I wonder why some people believe so much in XRP to be investing long term, but all men surely knows what makes them tickle. People who follows only marketcap for choosing their investment opportunities, definitely will go for XRP as I do see there could be any other valid reasons for choosing XRP.
Activity: 308
I heard that this coin added YouTube as a form of payment, in the good times for the stock market growth would have been much more
Activity: 420
Merit: 136

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward

Something fishy is definitely going on here and I suspect most likely XRP being pumped. I would not be confused though if I am hodling XRP as it will be a perfect opportunity to sell off for profit and wait for the price to fall before I buy back.

The problem is that if it is being artificially pumped (and I believe it is) then a crash will happen suddenly and seriously. It's probably better to cash out a bit early, before it reaches the top, than hold on for a few days too long and see it evaporate.

It's always best to do that because a top is so hard to call. This really reminds me of mid 2017 when XRP would have random pump and dumps between the 20-30 cents bracket. I suspect the same is happening now.
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
once again, this is a great opportunity, so we have to rely on the kind of evidence we are investing in.
Activity: 126
Merit: 25

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward

Something fishy is definitely going on here and I suspect most likely XRP being pumped. I would not be confused though if I am hodling XRP as it will be a perfect opportunity to sell off for profit and wait for the price to fall before I buy back.

The problem is that if it is being artificially pumped (and I believe it is) then a crash will happen suddenly and seriously. It's probably better to cash out a bit early, before it reaches the top, than hold on for a few days too long and see it evaporate.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
We shouldn't talk about XRP in here...put it in the altcoin room or something.
hey man this is altcoin speculation, i think op have right to write about xrp here, something wrong with that?

This wasn't originally in the altcoin speculation room it was in the "Press" section which should be about Bitcoin. You're only seeing it here now because it was moved into this room.
I was about to type the same thing...

Activity: 126
Merit: 25
We shouldn't talk about XRP in here...put it in the altcoin room or something.
hey man this is altcoin speculation, i think op have right to write about xrp here, something wrong with that?

This wasn't originally in the altcoin speculation room it was in the "Press" section which should be about Bitcoin. You're only seeing it here now because it was moved into this room.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
Maybe this is the reason for a massive pump right now:

https://ambcrypto.com/xrp-was-piloted-with-12-banks-before-xrapid-launch-clarifies-ripple-executive/

XRP was piloted with 12 banks before xRapid launch, clarifies Ripple executive

Ripple’s Head of Government and Regulatory Relations for APAC and the Middle East, Sagar Sarbhai, recently spoke at a FinTech conference concerning the use of XRP by banks. He also revealed previously unknown information regarding banks and the creation of the xRapid product.

A lot has fomo'ed on this news and maybe the primary reasons, why the price spike in the last 24 hours. I'm not sure though, the whole argument that XRP is centralized and banking sector can someone control makes me to stay away with this coins. So for those who wanted to ride the hype train, just a fair warning, don't get yourself trap after the whole hype died down.
Really? XRP keeps partnering with banks, but that doesn't do shit most of the time. I think something else is going on here. Searching for it online gets me nowhere.

There are some thing that could've caused this spike. One could be somethin related to xRapid and how financial institutions are looking into it to perform cross-border payments. Perhaps I missed the news but maybe there's something out there related to xRapid.

Second, it could be because of this: https://dailyhodl.com/2018/09/18/you-can-now-accept-xrp-on-youtube-and-twitch/

It seems like Coil is now monetizing websites like Youtube, Wikipedia, and Twitch, this allows people to donate to those websites using XRP. I wouldn't be surprised if investors are now pouring capital into the XRP ecosystem because of this news.
Yeah? Well twitch is getting more popular, so that could be a reason. Just feels like a pump for something that is stupider than this. Its Ripple afterall. Centralized shitcoin.
Activity: 531
Merit: 258
The hype is probably caused by PNC bank joining RippleNet. If you were looking to make a quick profit today you're probably late as the peak ended and the price will probably go down or stay at the same rate, at the best.
Activity: 630
Merit: 262
I see in Indonesia many people do large-scale seminars about XRP, what products they introduce but maybe that can make XRP even bigger,I hope that really happens for all
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
for me it is not surprising, because all of this is a pump and this increase will be temporary, see later the price will go down again. partnership with banks is always done ripple and maybe this is what triggers the increase in prices.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
There are some thing that could've caused this spike. One could be somethin related to xRapid and how financial institutions are looking into it to perform cross-border payments. Perhaps I missed the news but maybe there's something out there related to xRapid.

Second, it could be because of this: https://dailyhodl.com/2018/09/18/you-can-now-accept-xrp-on-youtube-and-twitch/

It seems like Coil is now monetizing websites like Youtube, Wikipedia, and Twitch, this allows people to donate to those websites using XRP. I wouldn't be surprised if investors are now pouring capital into the XRP ecosystem because of this news.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257
I am also confused about this. Just as we all think that XRP may continue to be in a downturn, its price suddenly grows by 20%. I am also looking for an answer!

Could be some insider that knows something, but it also doesnt need any big money to move market now, there is little volume in the altcoin markets right now
Activity: 294
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
I am also confused about this. Just as we all think that XRP may continue to be in a downturn, its price suddenly grows by 20%. I am also looking for an answer!
Pages:
Jump to: