Pages:
Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 5. (Read 843558 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Well, after failing to get my Windows qt wallet updated/synced to the newest version, I decided to get on a new pc that has never had a single wallet on it and download the latest Windows qt wallet and then transfer the seed over to access my funds.  Couldn't get that wallet to begin syncing there either.  I left it on overnight and it still didn't sync a bit
I don't know what to do  Huh

I had exactly same problem with the QT wallet. Not sure if the ISP is the problem but couldn't get it working on AT&T Uverse. The Electrum Tor wallet worked fine though.
Once I connected via Comcast or T-Mobile, the QT wallet started syncing right away.

i forgot to ask, did u start the wallet with downloaded blockchain data from the website, or no?

Tried both with the same results.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!
Well, after failing to get my Windows qt wallet updated/synced to the newest version, I decided to get on a new pc that has never had a single wallet on it and download the latest Windows qt wallet and then transfer the seed over to access my funds.  Couldn't get that wallet to begin syncing there either.  I left it on overnight and it still didn't sync a bit

I had exactly same problem with the QT wallet. Not sure if the ISP is the problem but couldn't get it working on AT&T Uverse. The Electrum Tor wallet worked fine though.
Once I connected via Comcast or T-Mobile, the QT wallet started syncing right away.

i forgot to ask, did u start the wallet with downloaded blockchain data from the website, or no?

legendary

do you have tor running on the newer computer? other crypto wallets?
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Activity: 518
Merit: 18
Developer and Verge Currency Justin Vendetta gives an interview in a video on the channel - Blockchain Interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbpG-dwJn2M&feature=youtu.be
legendary

Welcome to trade:

please contact us, or add yourself to our website https://github.com/vergecurrency/vergecurrency.com
I still have the old Electrum Windows wallet and for the last few months I have had problem with syncing the wallet. The network button always stays red. Is this wallet still supported? If not, is there any guide how I can merge to a new wallet?
Thank you.

you have a few options. our tor electrum is still supported, or you can export the private keys from that wallet you have, and import them into a qt desktop wallet.

desktop wallets can be found here:
https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/releases

I downloaded and installed the 6.0.2 wallet. Opened the wallet and closed. Downloaded and moved the blockchain data. Now the wallet shows I am 2 days behind but it's not syncing. I have 0 active connections to Verge network.
Is there any guide that would help me to set this up?
Thank you

you probably need to delete the peers.dat (while the wallet is closed)

I was able to connect and sync with the Electrum Tor wallet but no luck with the QT desktop wallet 6.0.2. I even tried 2 different computers, reinstalling the wallet and blockchain data, deleting "peers.dat". It just doesn't connect and not syncing. Kind of lost at this point. Not sure what the problem might be.

do you have tor running seperately? that would prevent the tor inside the wallet from connecting. are you in a country that blocks tor?

try starting your wallet with verge-qt.exe --dynamic-network

Thank you for your help. I finally figured it out.
Seems like AT&T (ISP in US) is restricting the connection even though the old Electrum Tor is connecting fine.
My friend who has Comcast (Another ISP in US) installed the QT wallet and connected right away so I tried connecting via T-Mobile hotspot and also connected/synced up right away.

great. thats strange though. US shouldnt have any issues with Tor. maybe try restarting the computer, or trying --dynamic-network or --without-tor

I don't understand either. Especially that Electrum Tor is working fine. I tried everything possible I guess. Even bypassing my router and going directly through modem.

if you are still running tor seperately, like you do for electrum-tor, you will need to close it. verge-qt wallet has tor built in already.

Yes. Tor wasn't running.
legendary
I still have the old Electrum Windows wallet and for the last few months I have had problem with syncing the wallet. The network button always stays red. Is this wallet still supported? If not, is there any guide how I can merge to a new wallet?
Thank you.

you have a few options. our tor electrum is still supported, or you can export the private keys from that wallet you have, and import them into a qt desktop wallet.

I downloaded and installed the 6.0.2 wallet. Opened the wallet and closed. Downloaded and moved the blockchain data. Now the wallet shows I am 2 days behind but it's not syncing. I have 0 active connections to Verge network.
Thank you

I was able to connect and sync with the Electrum Tor wallet but no luck with the QT desktop wallet 6.0.2. I even tried 2 different computers, reinstalling the wallet and blockchain data, deleting "peers.dat". It just doesn't connect and not syncing. Kind of lost at this point. Not sure what the problem might be.

do you have tor running seperately? that would prevent the tor inside the wallet from connecting. are you in a country that blocks tor?

Seems like AT&T (ISP in US) is restricting the connection even though the old Electrum Tor is connecting fine.
My friend who has Comcast (Another ISP in US) installed the QT wallet and connected right away so I tried connecting via T-Mobile hotspot and also connected/synced up right away.

great. thats strange though. US shouldnt have any issues with Tor. maybe try restarting the computer, or trying --dynamic-network or --without-tor

I don't understand either. Especially that Electrum Tor is working fine. I tried everything possible I guess. Even bypassing my router and going directly through modem.

if you are still running tor seperately, like you do for electrum-tor, you will need to close it. verge-qt wallet has tor built in already.
Thank you.

Thank you

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030
legendary
Why the heck would a new install of the unsigned Windows wallet cause an application fault with Nod32, Malwarebytes and Chrome? It's a little suspicious that all three crash at the same time.

it would not. our wallet is open source, and shouldn't cause any application faults.

did you download it from the official website https://vergecurrency.com/wallets/ or https://github.com/vergecurrency/verge/releases/ ? those are the only 2 sources to download our wallet.

at the same time, i've never heard of anyone running Nod32 and Malwarebytes at the same time. You should consider looking into that, as many anti virus packages will conflict with each other if running at the same time.

here's an article from Kaspersky, who says its a very bad idea to run multiple anti viruse software packages at the same time:

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/multiple-antivirus-programs-bad-idea/2670/

(my guess would be that both anti virus are trying to scan the file at the same time, and of course that would cause a conflict)
Activity: 124
Merit: 3
Why the heck would a new install of the unsigned Windows wallet cause an application fault with Nod32, Malwarebytes and Chrome? It's a little suspicious that all three crash at the same time.
legendary
Thank you.

Thank you

Thank you.

Thank you

legendary
Thank you.

Thank you

Thank you.

Thank you

Activity: 242
Merit: 10
Hi Crypto Friends :)
Hiya, is there any near-term developments planned for XVG?

for development, on the software end, you can follow our github here: github.com/vergecurrency
for news on everything else: twitter.com/vergecurrency

Thanks, ill go ahead and check it out Smiley
legendary
Hiya, is there any near-term developments planned for XVG?

for development, on the software end, you can follow our github here: github.com/vergecurrency
for news on everything else: twitter.com/vergecurrency
Pages:
Jump to: