Pages:
Author

Topic: YACoin - cpuminer released. Very soon pools will be availaible for this coin - page 3. (Read 28659 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

I am never getting that LongPoll detected message; so must be doing something wrong.

Using Win 7 32 bit. Set up the conf file; ran the client as server and started this miner with the instructions from first page.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
AFAIK, YAC does not allow parallelization.

So, pools are stupid thing with YAC.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
when i run the autogen.sh, it show me

configure.ac:3: error: Autoconf version 2.59c or higher is required
configure.ac:3: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 63

what's the problem?
Activity: 364
Merit: 264
After looking at source for pushpool, I can at least conclude that porting something over is nontrivial.

Here's what I think is necessary:
1. Change scrypt to scrypt_n, calculate n from the timestamp (relatively trivial)
2. Find a working implementation of SHA3 - since OpenSSL doesn't have one, either porting poco's code over or writing your own. Either way, I can't read assembler so no help there. (the nontrivial part)
3. Making requisite changes to config.json (trivial)
3. Putting the two together and testing and fixing inevitable bugs (another challenging part)

As I said, I probably don't have the skills to do this, but if you found this post helpful, then hey I contributed something.

Think I found a keccak implementation here: https://github.com/Fackelmann/SHA3 , still don't understand how it's used in the actual code though. In place of SHA256?

You want the scrypt-jane implementation of CHACHA20/KECCAK-512 to verify new blocks.
https://github.com/floodyberry/scrypt-jane

Ah, thanks taco.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
anyone get the win x64  minerd binaries? i've tried all for compile and can't do it...

Thanks

+1
Activity: 768
anyone get the win x64  minerd binaries? i've tried all for compile and can't do it...

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
After looking at source for pushpool, I can at least conclude that porting something over is nontrivial.

1. Change scrypt to scrypt_n, calculate n from the timestamp (relatively trivial)
2. Find a working implementation of SHA3 - since OpenSSL doesn't have one, either porting poco's code over or writing your own. Either way, I can't read assembler so no help there. (the nontrivial part)
3. Putting the two together and testing and fixing inevitable bugs (another challenging part)

As I said, I probably don't have the skills to do this, but if you found this post helpful, then hey I contributed something.

Think I found a keccak implementation here: https://github.com/Fackelmann/SHA3 , still don't understand how it's used in the actual code though. In place of SHA256?

You want the scrypt-jane implementation of CHACHA20/KECCAK-512 to verify new blocks.
https://github.com/floodyberry/scrypt-jane
Activity: 364
Merit: 264

legendary
Activity: 1064
sudo apt-get install automake  

...working with linux since 2 days Wink

recompiled the Yacoin_qt with the CFlags in ubuntu gave me an error

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -O3 -march=core-avx-i
QMAKE_CFLAGS += -O3 -march=core-avx-i

invalid machine code

with 3570k
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
./autogen.sh: 8: ./autogen.sh: aclocal: not found

apt-get install automake

Then run again.
Merit: 0
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

Damn, linux is hard isn't it?

Yep, damn hard to figure it out. Autoconf and automake to follow. Downloading and compiling source tarballs must be a rocket science for average user these days.

Thanks Limitless, but "libcurl4-openssl-dev is already the newest version" , so that doesn't explain the errors.

And no, I would not consider myself an average user, as I was already working for the first Crypto currency company in 1996, and have built and ran many websites past 15 years on Linux servers, but PHP etc make a lot more sense to me than the confusing linux commands.
As long as that does not change, even the wonderful (really!) Ubuntu will play 3rd fiddle after Win and (heaven's forbid) OSX.. Anyway, any help is appareciated, whether it is my low intelligence or the rocket science level  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

Yep, damn hard to figure it out. Autoconf and automake to follow. Downloading and compiling source tarballs must be a rocket science for average user these days.

So it's simple.

If you're using linux, first make sure you have libcurl install, you can get this by installing

apt-get install libcurl-dev for ubuntu and debian users
yum install curl-devel for the rest

For compiling in linux, the steps are:

git clone https://github.com/ali1234/cpuminer

cd cpuminer

./autogen.sh

./configure CFLAGS="-O3"

make

make install

Then to run it, you need to have the daemon running.

An example of ~/root/.yacoin/yacoin.conf:

rpcuser=randomuser
rpcpassword=yourgivenpassword
addnode=82.211.30.212
addnode=78.21.9.49
addnode=88.204.169.242
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=[any ip that will be mining on your server]
rpcport=9323
port=7688
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

To mine on the machine that has the daemon server running, simply type:

./minerd -o http://yourdaemonmachine.com:9323 -u randomuser -p yourgivenpassword -a scrypt-jane
./minerd -o http://127.0.0.1:9323 -u randomuser -p yourgivenpassword -a scrypt-jane

Hopefully someone can add this together to make a complete Yacoin mining guide.

I get stuck:

"me@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libcurl-dev
[sudo] password for me:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libcurl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  libcurl4-openssl-dev 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.1
  libcurl4-nss-dev 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.1
  libcurl4-gnutls-dev 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.1
You should explicitly select one to install.

E: Package 'libcurl-dev' has no installation candidate"

How do I explicitly select one?

When ignoring and continuing I get:

me@ubuntu:~$ git clone https://github.com/ali1234/cpuminer
Cloning into 'cpuminer'...
remote: Counting objects: 1136, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (676/676), done.
remote: Total 1136 (delta 548), reused 1028 (delta 456)
Receiving objects: 100% (1136/1136), 827.16 KiB | 104 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (548/548), done.

So that seems to work. Then:

me@ubuntu:~$ cd cpuminer
me@ubuntu:~/cpuminer$ ./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: 8: ./autogen.sh: aclocal: not found
me@ubuntu:~/cpuminer$ ./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Why?
Next error:

me@ubuntu:~/cpuminer$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Running Ubunto on a VMware on Win 7 64bits. Any help appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
Anyone tried running the linux miner in a virtual os? just installed 64bit Ubuntu now to give it a try.

I've read someone say they were getting 200kh/s running Ubuntu in a VM on a i5 2500k, which is the same as a regular install on a stock 2500k. But maybe they were overclocking.

That's not impressive. A couple of quad Xeons E5345 @ 2.33GHz deliver 250 KH/s. No HTT, no AVX.
Activity: 18
you need to allowip Smiley

I don't think that was the problem, since I didn't change the conf and it's working now. I think I just forgot to wait until it synced all the blocks.
/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 9323 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -d 0/0 -s 0/0 -p tcp --dport 9323 -j ACCEPT
legendary
Activity: 1120
anyone porting this to win 64 bit?
Pages:
Jump to: