Pages:
Author

Topic: Yahoo email, old emails are gone? - page 2. (Read 394 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
July 24, 2019, 05:48:31 PM
My Yahoo email now only is showing my emails from the past year. I have 2 yahoo emails that are 10 years old and the other one has all my previous sent and inbox mail.  I am very upset, did yahoo just lose all that information, I can't find a clear answer, if anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 99.99 percent sure I wasn't hacked

What i suspect is you have logged in to your email id after a longer duration of time, could be after a year?

Yahoo does deletes the email, so that is a YES, but they don't delete it if you login and check your account at-least once in 1 year or so.
If your emails are deleted then the case might be that you have not logged in to your yahoo email account for a longer duration of time.

The same is the situation with Rediff, if you don't login to your Rediff mail once in a year you loose your emails and there is a restoration fee that you need to pay. This happened with me once then i just stopped using Rediff.

Gmail is the best and would always be the best.

I did not log in for over a year on that account and if what you are saying is true  this REALLY sucks and have lost a lot of important emails.
Activity: 38
Merit: 11
July 24, 2019, 04:33:29 PM
My Yahoo email now only is showing my emails from the past year. I have 2 yahoo emails that are 10 years old and the other one has all my previous sent and inbox mail.  I am very upset, did yahoo just lose all that information, I can't find a clear answer, if anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

What i suspect is you have logged in to your email id after a longer duration of time, could be after a year?

Yahoo does deletes the email, so that is a YES, but they don't delete it if you login and check your account at-least once in 1 year or so.
If your emails are deleted then the case might be that you have not logged in to your yahoo email account for a longer duration of time.

The same is the situation with Rediff, if you don't login to your Rediff mail once in a year you loose your emails and there is a restoration fee that you need to pay. This happened with me once then i just stopped using Rediff.

Gmail is the best and would always be the best.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
July 24, 2019, 02:04:31 PM

Just checked my Yahoo! email now out of curiosity.

All my emails are still there with the first email I received which is "Welcome to Yahoo!" way back in 2004.

Do you manually scroll down your inbox to check for past emails? Maybe it's not just loading smoothly. Even at my decent internet speed, it slowly loads my emails just last few months.

Try to sort it from "Oldest to Newest" so the list will show you the oldest email saved there in your inbox. As far as I know, emails on the inbox will never be deleted unless you do. Only Spam messages are automatically deleted after a certain period.
Activity: 244
Merit: 43
July 24, 2019, 01:50:50 PM
Yahoo sucks, quit as soon as my inbox was taking 10+ seconds to load because of ads... But I'm pretty sure Yahoo has an auto-delete setting, probably auto-deleted emails, especially after that many years. I think most email providers sweep after a certain period of inactivity. I would look at their policy, although it may have changed in that long of a period.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 641
sig. code creator start @$10 - PM me!
July 24, 2019, 01:14:30 PM
I also experienced the same thing. I only have one Yahoo email and the last one opened about 2 years ago. All messages are lost. When opening, I was directed to verify my account through phone numbers and recovery emails and after that an agreement message appeared (I didn't read everything, it seems like a new rule and some other changes).
Activity: 10
July 24, 2019, 12:22:28 PM
Have you checked your spam folder?you might have set to move old mails to spam or even delete,check your settings too
Activity: 39
July 24, 2019, 11:30:10 AM

Pages:
Jump to: