Pages:
Author

Topic: Yes, PIVX Is Now Top 20 CryptoCurrency In World - page 2. (Read 8590 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Maybe a fed.
43m current supply d:

Also; idk https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pivx/
Its top 20 because of that premine amount; its not the first on there of course but the titles misleading.  (Even if the coins are *burned or nodes that are untouched*

Are you debating the 60k premine figure? And if so, am I gone to find evidence of it on the blockchain that refutes your claim?

It seems you are using a thread post with an unvalidated claim to validate your claim of 50mil.
http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/index.php

Better?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
still over priced for fuck all of a coin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
43m current supply d:

Its top 20 because of that premine amount; its not the first on there of course but the titles misleading.  (Even if the coins are *burned or nodes that are untouched*

Are you debating the 60k premine figure? And if so, am I gone to find evidence of it on the blockchain that refutes your claim?

It seems you are using a thread post with an unvalidated claim to validate your claim of 50mil.
Maybe a fed.
43m current supply d:

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Whatever happened to Paris Hiltons ex, you know, that embedded C guru, presumably huntable sysadmin Doug s/Smith/Reinhardt?
https://archive.fo/VlSpW
Maybe a fed.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Doesn't pivx technically have like a 52m premine.

Lol nope, nice try though!
Maybe a fed.

No, you're thinking of DASH
False, dash had a 2.6m premine

Pivx has a 50m
https://forum.pivx.org/t/starting-50-000-000-in-pivx-how/159
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

No, you're thinking of DASH
Maybe a fed.
Activity: 98
Question re: staking; I've been staking on and off for roughly a week but still haven't earned a single coin.  Granted, i am only staking with ~600PIVX, so I know it will take considerably longer.

What I am wondering is, does staking work based on cumulative hours/days?  Or consecutive?  If I stake for 6 hours and shut down my computer, I'm not likely to get anything, but did that time count toward some hidden figure?

Thanks!

My understanding is that its a random chance, the more coins you have the more chance of being randomly chosen. If you stake you might get a payout in 10 mins or 3 weeks, so its kinda cumulative I guess, you had bad luck for the first 6 hours so maybe your luck will improve later.

That said I have a funny feeling you have to stake for 24 hours or something before you even have the chance.

PIVX Slack would be a better place to ask the question.
Activity: 68
Question re: staking; I've been staking on and off for roughly a week but still haven't earned a single coin.  Granted, i am only staking with ~600PIVX, so I know it will take considerably longer.

What I am wondering is, does staking work based on cumulative hours/days?  Or consecutive?  If I stake for 6 hours and shut down my computer, I'm not likely to get anything, but did that time count toward some hidden figure?

Thanks!
Activity: 98
Alas not 'mineable' (my addiction) pos coin....can't afford a masternode....thus this newbie is likely out....good luck thou Smiley

You dont need a masternode for PIVX only a staked wallet.

The less coins you have though the longer you will need to wait for a payout.
Activity: 644
Merit: 262
I think and hope that this coin will have a great future!
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Alas not 'mineable' (my addiction) pos coin....can't afford a masternode....thus this newbie is likely out....good luck thou Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
All I can add is that I've been around from nearly day 1 of this project & PIVX is as legit as it comes.
Obviously, with a community of nearly 2300 and nearly 2000 joining just in the past 2-3 weeks, there would be a lot of posts to sift through to find proper & correct data if you check our Slack right now.

But the core of its project remains as legit as it comes.

Come and join the community. Join the dev, marketing, governance channels & teams.
See how open and free it is. Anyone can become someone immediately at PIVX.

No single dev here as snappy above says. Community is the dev, is the marketing, is the support, is PIVX.

slack.pivx.org
Activity: 83
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
The thing to me that I find interesting is people use this term "DEV" to apply to people work on the project.

We have probably 20-25 people, all volunteer, that are fostering and supporting on a daily basis the slack and community and marketing.  Did the community vote enlist the services of a "professional" branding firm?  Yes, we all did (and you can see all the track history on trello and in the BTCtalks).  After that vote of the community to switch from DNET to PIVX, a lot of people decided to begin the "work" of building up social media, building up a "voice" that represents what we all felt as individuals.  Who we wanted to be, and who we felt PIVX was.

People (on their own) spun up community sites as the main site was going up.  People on their own funded various platforms to help benefit the community grow.  People on their own began to create materials and write.  No-one was paid.  This was a community nucleating event that seemed to just keep growing.  Every day more people seem to create content about and for PIVX.  That is 100% energy driven.

So - to say "the devs are focused on marketing and should be focused on coding...." It feels like people are still trying to apply the "old" methods and perspectives of crypto projects.  If we are "devs" then there are probably 50-60 "DEVS" on community building and social development.  But we're not.  We're just people working collectively.

---

As for "DEVS" working on code, there are more coming in every day it seems beginning to jump in.  Remember, this project went from "basically flying under the radar for a year because nobody fluffed or really developed a "brand identity" outside of BTCtalk" to "well, why aren't you doing "x" or "y".....and forget it's basically the same crew working on the code as before....just now it's a top 20 coin.

We'll get there.  Just like we are figuring out how to scale to handle 100,200,300 new people coming into slack everyday, the devs and team there are growing to continue to develop.

It's a wild organic development.
Activity: 82
General Slack now has 2,200 members.

There is now a grid-Slack structure with over 5 separate organization channels for development, marketing, governance, etc.

BTC goes down, PIVX goes up. BTC goes up, PIVX holds. PIVX literally does the opposite of the rest of most of the altcoin market. I think that says a lot about this community. Probably the best in crypto, built from nothing.

PIVX is probably going to be a case study in what you can do in crypto with community driving the bus.
Activity: 294
After more research, I am sad to announce, stay away from PIVX. Being owned + partner with & hosted by a media advertising company should be enough reasoning. Aside from the fact they focus more on advertising and hype through social media vs working on fixing broken code or implementing new things. (see my previous post) Happy I got out when I did before the bubble burst.

Sadly I must agree. After reverse image searches of the team and watching the Slack channel for several hours, I'm seeing too many inconsistencies (plus the very similar teams between IoP) and annoying grassroots vagueness similar to both PIVX and IoP marketing. It all just makes me uncomfortable. Apparently an Israeli superstar (Gal Gabor) is on the team!! I'm not a FUDer but just some red flags to note.

The website is well-made, the PR very good, and the pitch convincing but I'm now apologizing to the folks who may have took me as a "fanboy" a few evenings ago in the main thread. Glad I got my share mostly as DNET and avoiding a burst too. If the project is legit and it takes off then shame on me, but I'm pulling my risk out of it too.

Interesting conversation you cherry picked from 1 user on the slack.  Here's a detailed roadmap/linear plan forward: https://pivx.org/what-is-pivx/roadmap/

And lol at a developer using a different picture to remain anonymous is a "red flag".  I'll never show my face in any of my videos because I'd get fired from my day job on Wall St.  In my case, my need for anonymity is a credibility boost, not a "red flag".
Pages:
Jump to: