Pages:
Author

Topic: You are fools - page 2. (Read 4677 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.
June 13, 2013, 05:08:40 AM
When price goes down People say xx sold their thousands of bitcoins so price went down
Stupids, if they sold it, someone bought it too..

When somebody wants to sell thousands of bitcoins, he needs to ask lower than market price, because otherwise he will have hard time to find enough buyers, you stupid ass.

You are the stupid actully and if that's the case why price is low, why don't all you fucking idiots place their sell order at 500$ and wait for some days.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
June 13, 2013, 04:55:05 AM
Trololololo
Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
June 12, 2013, 11:39:36 PM
Am I even replying to this?  Damn, it must have been a booooooooooring day ...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Ad Infinitum Et Ultra
June 12, 2013, 09:53:27 PM
riddle of the day goes to..
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
June 12, 2013, 07:10:14 PM
When price goes down People say xx sold their thousands of bitcoins so price went down

When price goes up, people say, someone bought thousands of bitcoins so price went high
Stupids, they bought it because someone sold them..

Now tell me why price goes up down.

You are a fool.
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2013, 06:29:45 PM

When somebody wants to sell thousands of bitcoins, he needs to ask lower than market price, because otherwise he will have hard time to find enough buyers, you stupid ass.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 06:20:13 PM
A limit order is an order placed to wait and buy or sell only at a specific price, and it will sit there until a market order comes through that satisfies it.
A market order is an order to buy or sell at whatever price is acceptable right now, as per the available limit orders.
The set of unsatisfied limit orders at any given time is the "order book".

When an order occurs within an exchange, it has two sides; a market order which initiates one or more transactions, and one or more limit orders that are consumed to satisfy the whole of the market order.

Let's say that the current order book shows 25BTC available to buy @ $99.00, then 20BTC @ $99.10, then 130 @ $99.20, then 50 @ $99.30. This means the current buy price is $99.00 because I can buy bitcoins right now at $99.00. Now let's say I want to place a market order to buy 100BTC right now. To satisfy this order, I first buy up the 25 BTC inventory available at the $99.00 price point. Now that there are none left at that price, I need to buy at the next price point, $99.10. So far I've bought 45BTC of my 100BTC order. Now the cheapest remaining BTC in the order book are the 130BTC at the $99.20 price point, so I buy 55BTC of that, thus completing my market order, and leaving 75BTC still in the order book at the $99.20 price point. Given that that is now the cheapest available price for BTC in the order book, we can say that the price just changed from $99.00 to $99.20, hence the price moved up, as you would see at a glance.

Similarly, if I place a market order to sell, then I am consuming limit orders on the buy side, starting with those paying the highest rate, then the next highest rate and so on until my sell order is satisfied (i.e. my BTC are bought by the buyers who placed the limit orders to buy). Because I'm consuming limit orders that pay the highest price first, then they will no longer exist when I am done, and the next highest will be the best remaining price that anyone is willing to pay, so it can be said that I am driving the price downwards.

You will note of course that both of these (market orders to both buy and sell) can consume the available limit orders in both directions at the same time. That's where the "spread" comes in. It's the area between the highest "buy" price and the lowest "sell" price. If market orders are executed that consume all of the limit orders around a given price point, the spread grows. What happens next is that people who want to be the first to be chosen to be bought from or sold to then go and place new limit orders inside the spread area, thus closing the gap between the highest buy price and the lowest sell price. A healthy market generally has a low spread, as people exist who both want to buy and sell. If the market is falling, the spread will tend to be filled only with limit orders to sell, which pushes the spread area down towards lower price points. When the market is rising, the opposite happens.

This is great, well done.
Activity: 28
June 12, 2013, 10:53:22 AM
A limit order is an order placed to wait and buy or sell only at a specific price, and it will sit there until a market order comes through that satisfies it.
A market order is an order to buy or sell at whatever price is acceptable right now, as per the available limit orders.
The set of unsatisfied limit orders at any given time is the "order book".

When an order occurs within an exchange, it has two sides; a market order which initiates one or more transactions, and one or more limit orders that are consumed to satisfy the whole of the market order.

Let's say that the current order book shows 25BTC available to buy @ $99.00, then 20BTC @ $99.10, then 130 @ $99.20, then 50 @ $99.30. This means the current buy price is $99.00 because I can buy bitcoins right now at $99.00. Now let's say I want to place a market order to buy 100BTC right now. To satisfy this order, I first buy up the 25 BTC inventory available at the $99.00 price point. Now that there are none left at that price, I need to buy at the next price point, $99.10. So far I've bought 45BTC of my 100BTC order. Now the cheapest remaining BTC in the order book are the 130BTC at the $99.20 price point, so I buy 55BTC of that, thus completing my market order, and leaving 75BTC still in the order book at the $99.20 price point. Given that that is now the cheapest available price for BTC in the order book, we can say that the price just changed from $99.00 to $99.20, hence the price moved up, as you would see at a glance.

Similarly, if I place a market order to sell, then I am consuming limit orders on the buy side, starting with those paying the highest rate, then the next highest rate and so on until my sell order is satisfied (i.e. my BTC are bought by the buyers who placed the limit orders to buy). Because I'm consuming limit orders that pay the highest price first, then they will no longer exist when I am done, and the next highest will be the best remaining price that anyone is willing to pay, so it can be said that I am driving the price downwards.

You will note of course that both of these (market orders to both buy and sell) can consume the available limit orders in both directions at the same time. That's where the "spread" comes in. It's the area between the highest "buy" price and the lowest "sell" price. If market orders are executed that consume all of the limit orders around a given price point, the spread grows. What happens next is that people who want to be the first to be chosen to be bought from or sold to then go and place new limit orders inside the spread area, thus closing the gap between the highest buy price and the lowest sell price. A healthy market generally has a low spread, as people exist who both want to buy and sell. If the market is falling, the spread will tend to be filled only with limit orders to sell, which pushes the spread area down towards lower price points. When the market is rising, the opposite happens.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
June 12, 2013, 04:56:56 AM

When price goes up, people say, someone bought thousands of bitcoins so price went high

Ironic that you have posted this in the Economics section yet clearly have no understanding of the Economics of any market, let alone Bitcoin.

Here is why price moves:-

New information
Uncertainty
Psychological Factors
Fear
Greed
Supply and Demand

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2013, 04:41:02 AM

If there are more eager sellers than buyers, the sellers will lower their ask prices in order to entice buyers to buy. The price goes down.

If there are more eager buyers than sellers, the buyers raise their bid prices in order to entice sellers to sell. The price goes up.

I think the key word here is "eager".
Activity: 42
June 11, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
lol so we are all fools? even though I didnt do any of that stated in the thread
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
June 11, 2013, 07:46:00 PM

Typically what happens is people put up 'sell' orders above the market price. Then somebody comes along and fills them, so the price moves when they execute their 'buy'.

The terminology of a 'buy' or 'sell' refer to which one is the market order. Of course there is always an equal amount of limit orders being filled, but the market order is the one moving the market, limit orders cannot move the price directly.
Activity: 84
June 11, 2013, 07:34:54 PM
Uh what? lol
Activity: 75
June 11, 2013, 07:32:32 PM

If there are more eager sellers than buyers, the sellers will lower their ask prices in order to entice buyers to buy. The price goes down.

If there are more eager buyers than sellers, the buyers raise their bid prices in order to entice sellers to sell. The price goes up.

Activity: 98
Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.
June 11, 2013, 07:17:37 PM

Pages:
Jump to: