Pages:
Author

Topic: YOU ARE HERE - page 3. (Read 4865 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
April 24, 2013, 07:42:59 AM
"bull trap"

lol. Seriously, when will people stop saying that.

when people stop saying this:

We're at return to "normal"

If we blow past $250 this week, you'll be wrong.

we're going to fly right past 'normal' and overcorrect back into misery again. we've probably already departed from sustainable prices, at this rate.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2013, 07:19:45 AM
Bear Trap or Bull Trap, according to the graph we will eventually tank and hit ~30 USD again either way.  Smiley

Yes the holy graph that is our bitcoin bible and can only be used and interpreted in 100 billion ways to suit everyone's opinion. 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
April 24, 2013, 07:08:03 AM
Bear Trap or Bull Trap, according to the graph we will eventually tank and hit ~30 USD again either way.  Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 24, 2013, 07:00:26 AM
The first sell of was in 2011 and teh big  one was two weeks ago so obviously we're at return to normal.
This shit is going to fall hard within the next few days. Bitcoin hangs from the thread that is mt. gox. If anything at all bad happens to them, the whole market is fucked.

SO when you are bullish you ignore this above statement you made?

Now since you sold at $135 you are bearish so you need to talk the price down to buy back in.

LOL

So many noobs around here.
When I am bullish it's because I know other people are bullish. It has nothing to do with the real valuation, just mass psychology.

They aren't?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
April 24, 2013, 06:56:54 AM
Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

I was talking with my manager today about Bitcoin. This is a man that trades commodity futures at 75-100x leverage. And he thinks I'm insane.

Only the most extremely high risk pools will be investing here yet, IMO.

I agree. We need serious infrastucture for serious money to jump into BTC

Just a very few people has the balls to pump millions of $ to a Japanese company with a Polish bank account to buy a virtual currency that is traded in a very illiquid market. And I would bet that no corporation/hedge fund, etc. has the balls to do that ATM.

Activity: 224
April 24, 2013, 06:54:44 AM
The first sell of was in 2011 and teh big  one was two weeks ago so obviously we're at return to normal.
This shit is going to fall hard within the next few days. Bitcoin hangs from the thread that is mt. gox. If anything at all bad happens to them, the whole market is fucked.

Now since you sold at $135 you are bearish so you need to talk the price down to buy back in.

LOL

When I am bullish it's because I know other people are bullish. It has nothing to do with the real valuation, just mass psychology.

Not too long ago, I saw how sure yourself you were about your predictions. Now that you're wrong, you're singing a totally different tune, it's unbecoming. If you really want to be a good trader, set your emotions aside and prepare for every contingency including the ones you don't want to happen. If you're betting on a $55 price anytime in the near future and nothing else...I'd suggest you find something else to do.
Activity: 350
April 24, 2013, 06:54:20 AM
Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

I was talking with my manager today about Bitcoin. This is a man that trades commodity futures at 75-100x leverage. And he thinks I'm insane.

Only the most extremely high risk pools will be investing here yet, IMO.
Activity: 238
In Gord We Trust
April 24, 2013, 06:53:34 AM
  • we already had a first sell off at around $27
  • we already had A LOT of media attention. Almost everybody know about BTC at this point.
  • we already had A LOT of enthusiasm, greed, delusion and "new paradigm" screamed all over
  • the bulls are now saying "return to normal, heading to the ATH"

We haven't seen the full effects of such widespread media attention yet, I don't believe. Buying into BTC isn't as simple as calling your broker for first timers. We've always got enthusiasm and greed.

The key to this for me was that I sold out at $60, waiting for the second dip to continue much lower to buy. It never came and I bought back in at $120 ouch; it was a single-dip selloff in the scheme of things. The price now is moving almost as fast as it was on the runup to $260; all that new money is starting to take its position and everyone's afraid of being left out.

Of course it's a short term bubble. It may or may not lead to an actual new paradigm, with the market so much in its infancy; some of that money must plan to stay; either way I'm (again) not bothering to swing trade for fear of being left behind. Buy and Hold up in this bitch.

In bold something that is very true. Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

Anyway, I'm sure this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Yes, very bumpy. So keep your eyes on the road!

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
April 24, 2013, 06:49:06 AM
  • we already had A LOT of media attention. Almost everybody know about BTC at this point.
  • we already had A LOT of enthusiasm, greed, delusion and "new paradigm" screamed all over

We haven't seen the full effects of such widespread media attention yet, I don't believe. Buying into BTC isn't as simple as calling your broker for first timers. We've always got enthusiasm and greed.

The key to this for me was that I sold out at $60, waiting for the second dip to continue much lower to buy. It never came and I bought back in at $120 ouch; it was a single-dip selloff in the scheme of things. The price now is moving almost as fast as it was on the runup to $260; all that new money is starting to take its position and everyone's afraid of being left out.

Of course it's a short term bubble. It may or may not lead to an actual new paradigm, with the market so much in its infancy; some of that money must plan to stay; either way I'm (again) not bothering to swing trade for fear of being left behind. Buy and Hold up in this bitch.

In bold something that is very true. Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

Anyway, I'm sure this is going to be a bumpy ride.
April 24, 2013, 06:47:46 AM

I like you. That's how I played the 2008-2009 crash.

That said your position of having sold and waiting for a dip is showing rather clearly.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 24, 2013, 06:46:01 AM
The first sell of was in 2011 and teh big  one was two weeks ago so obviously we're at return to normal.

LOL

Um what about your statement about gox? lol

DO you tout this when you are bullish?

I love how people on here flip flop each few days lol
April 24, 2013, 06:44:46 AM

Activity: 222
April 24, 2013, 06:44:21 AM

Haha, so we're headed down to ...breaks out the calculator $3? Being optimistic?

The true valuation based on fundamentals should be around $55.

now is this strictly based on number of bitcoin VS. difficulty to get?

Based on cost to mine. If I can mine for $50 a coin, why should I buy for $150 coin? The convenience of buying isn't worth increasing the price by 200%.
Demand, not convenience, dood.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 24, 2013, 06:43:09 AM

LOL

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 24, 2013, 06:41:55 AM

LOL

April 24, 2013, 06:40:06 AM

Haha, so we're headed down to ...breaks out the calculator $3? Being optimistic?

Based on cost to mine. If I can mine for $50 a coin, why should I buy for $150 coin? The convenience of buying isn't worth increasing the price by 200%.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2013, 06:39:32 AM
If anything bad happens to Mt Gox the price will drop I agree, but just DDoS isn't going to work anymore we're past that stage now. So what's going to pop it now? I think the odds are definitely in favor of the price going up or consolidating around $200. Once new more professional exchanges come into business (and this will be pretty soon) then the real bull market starts taking off. Smiley
Activity: 42
April 24, 2013, 06:39:04 AM

April 24, 2013, 06:37:47 AM

Activity: 56
April 24, 2013, 06:36:54 AM
The angle of increase today at 155 suggests this is another small bubble. Each little pop leaves the price a little higher than it was a couple of days earlier.
When one of these small bubbles occurs at say 217 the pop could easily plunge the price a longer way down to 98. From there resumed gradual increase with the process repeating at 250, 300 350, 450, 650 etc.

Just speculation.
Pages:
Jump to: