Pages:
Author

Topic: You are responsible for this - page 2. (Read 1424 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 04, 2015, 03:38:54 PM
short translation - the BTC im hoarding in a cold wallet isnt going to make me rich as I expected.

BTC was meant to be a currency and thus spent, traded, gambled and used not just stashed away until the price went to the moon making all early adopters overnight millionaires.

Show me a currency that suffered such massive image loss and I'll call bitcoin a currency. Until I'm calling bitcoin 'bitcoin'. Not a currency, not a stock, not a commodity.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
January 04, 2015, 03:38:16 PM

BTC was meant to be a currency and thus spent, traded, gambled and used not just stashed away until the price went to the moon making all early adopters overnight millionaires.

And that I would do if the merchants wouldn't exchange it to fiat immediately.
legendary
Activity: 1022
I'd fight Gandhi.
January 04, 2015, 03:36:07 PM
This crash is actually doing good for me. Recently got a new job and will have some extra cash. If I can grab some cheap coins at rock bottom, that'll be awesome!

Once it hits rock bottom, it only has one direction to eventually head: UP!
legendary
January 04, 2015, 03:35:37 PM
Not sorry for being so blunt...

You trusted your bitcoins to any other 3rd party? You lost. You kept your coins in any other place than your wallet? You risked your money for nothing.

You daytraded? You helped the price to go down. I for one, sold only when I needed cash, only because I could not pay for much in BTC. Because if I could... I would had 0 fiat currency.

Remember that when you see the price so low it hurts. We had full power as a community to make bitcoin the 8th wonder of the world. But kinda failed.

not sure where failure is? the price? the adoption? the security of the network?

bitcoin will not be officially dead until another crypto has more adoption and is accepted in more places than bitcoin, I see nothing on the horizon that is even close.

Right now i fear only one thing, governments that is all

We just failed the price. Which is very important. The rest are somewhat a success.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
January 04, 2015, 03:35:04 PM
short translation - the BTC im hoarding in a cold wallet isnt going to make me rich as I expected.

legendary
January 04, 2015, 03:34:46 PM

You trusted your bitcoins to any other 3rd party? You lost. You kept your coins in any other place than your wallet? You risked your money for nothing.

You daytraded? You helped the price to go down. I for one, sold only when I needed cash, only because I could not pay for much in BTC. Because if I could... I would had 0 fiat currency.

Remember that when you see the price so low it hurts. We had full power as a community to make bitcoin the 8th wonder of the world. But kinda failed.

It's the free market, brah

Are you calling yourself free when I could drive the price down lower to 240 just because am an early bird? And wait for those fat wallets to dump, that would be mayhem.

Are you calling yourself free and a GOVERNMENT has one of the biggest wallets Huh

ARE YOU CALLING YOURSELF FREE WHEN  YOU DIDN'T FOUGHT FOR ANYTHING IN THIS MARKET? There's no such thing.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004
January 04, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

not sure where failure is? the price? the adoption? the security of the network?

bitcoin will not be officially dead until another crypto has more adoption and is accepted in more places than bitcoin, I see nothing on the horizon that is even close.

Right now i fear only one thing, governments that is all
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2015, 03:32:17 PM
So what you're suggesting is we should all have conspired to just hodl until the price is high enough. Then, presumably, we'd all sell, except that would crash the price. So just hodl forever. Never even buy anything with your BTC - the seller might convert the BTC to dirty fiat and crash the price!

It just doesn't work that way. You can't complain that the price is too low now if you're not willing to accept it went way too high before. It's just price discovery.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
January 04, 2015, 03:30:46 PM

It's the free market, brah
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
January 04, 2015, 03:30:34 PM
Agreed on so many parts.

But I don't think we're failing. We've been here already.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
January 04, 2015, 03:28:48 PM
the halvings are a fail - nothing else

the tech is brilliant. The economic aspect is an error
legendary
January 04, 2015, 03:27:05 PM

Pages:
Jump to: