Pages:
Author

Topic: You don't need to hodl a particular coin all your life - page 17. (Read 2403 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
I didn't tell you to sell your bitcoin and not to buy again. I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear.
You are right. Selling our Bitcoin or altcoins during bullrun is probably the right way to earn more money, then we can buy more Bitcoin with that money in the next bearish. I also did this way and it works for me. I never try to hold my BTC/altcoins forever, I prefer to sell once it achieves my target and rebuys when I know it is good momentum. Well, this can suit me probably because I am not a typical long-term investor who can hold more than 5 years. While for those long traders who target to hold 5-10 years or more, they may not care of taking advantage from bullrun and bearish.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
How long have you been hodling a particular coin while the coin has been making progress for your profit taking and yet dropping in your eyes ?

Some people don't understand the hodling technique, they are hodling a particular coin and never sell to rebuy again or to sell and buy another coin. You can sell this coin and buy that other coin that is how to turn over your money.

I didn't tell you to sell your bitcoin and not to buy again. I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear  Grin
Holding without any plan is really a bad thing since we cannot hold forever and we should always have the target price so we can at least enjoy some profit. If you do have that target price it will allows you to have profit and a good backup plan to buy more of the price becomes cheaper, I’d rather sell to take profit and then buy again later on even if its Bitcoin.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 100
Holding on to some coins for a long time I have faced a huge loss which I will never be able to recover. However, the wise thing to do is not to store certain coins for long periods of time. If the market is up, it should be sold wisely.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
I didn't tell you to sell your bitcoin and not to buy again. I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear
If you are not good in technical analysis then you will get trapped. Selling around ATH may sound like an easier one but practically I will not risk because I am making enough money with a long term holding. Even if I decide to follow your suggestions then I may go for only 10% of bitcoin holding and definitely not for all of my bitcoins.

even you target to hold for life long, you may book profits at any time you prefer for life's most important requirements.
That must be a good practice. Everyone must be having some personal goal even they are declaring themselves as a lifetime holder, but if you target only for short term target and if you exit then you may need to remain regretting about your small target because bitcoin is continuously appreciating which may remain same for next 100 years as well.
Bitcoin is definitely good for long time hodling since it will always increase its value every year. But if you will only hold it forever, then no matter how valuable it is, it will be useless. Make sure to set a goal price when to sell and utilize the profits wisely, and buy back too when you think the price is already at its dip. Buying and selling coins will always be the basics to help you make profits.
Activity: 546
Merit: 148
Any coin that I enter with my money, I always have an exit for them regardless of when i hold it or how long it will take me to sell them.
You cant hold a coin for a complete four year cycle  with profits and refuse to sell and when uncertainty comes in, the whole profit will just wash off, thanks to crypto for it imminent volatility. There is nothing actually wrong in selling off and taking profit, wait for the market to relax and buy back again because no matter how the market is shill and manipulated, it will always have an ending point where everyone will be selling and you don't want to get caught in that, no matter the profit you made, profit is profit.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
How long have you been hodling a particular coin while the coin has been making progress for your profit taking and yet dropping in your eyes ?

Some people don't understand the hodling technique, they are hodling a particular coin and never sell to rebuy again or to sell and buy another coin. You can sell this coin and buy that other coin that is how to turn over your money.

I didn't tell you to sell your bitcoin and not to buy again. I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear  Grin
It seems you are trying to confuse between holding and passive way of trading. Not all the people are ready to risk with their long term holding assets. So far we had only two times of 4 year cycle which must be not enough proof to sell the bull with the plans of buying back.

Your method may help one to maximize their number of bitcoins but for the people who target only USD value in long run may not bother this due to the risks involved. You cannot say it would be a safer method compared to long term holding.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
Yes, it is true that we must sell when the market is bull and buy when the market is bear. But what will happen if the bull run keeps on after our selling. We may miss high profit in this case. But if we didn't sell in bull and bear comes  Grin.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1152
I didn't tell you to sell your bitcoin and not to buy again. I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear
If you are not good in technical analysis then you will get trapped. Selling around ATH may sound like an easier one but practically I will not risk because I am making enough money with a long term holding. Even if I decide to follow your suggestions then I may go for only 10% of bitcoin holding and definitely not for all of my bitcoins.

even you target to hold for life long, you may book profits at any time you prefer for life's most important requirements.
That must be a good practice. Everyone must be having some personal goal even they are declaring themselves as a lifetime holder, but if you target only for short term target and if you exit then you may need to remain regretting about your small target because bitcoin is continuously appreciating which may remain same for next 100 years as well.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 641
https://duelbits.com/
There is no set time but if the coin is progressing and I get a large enough profit then I will sell it, no one will hold it when there is a chance I will take it.

Maybe some always misinterpret the difference in hodling but everyone is different with the technique they understand and I only know the technique of holding is holding on longer and waiting to be profitable.

Sometimes it's hard to say buy when the market is bear because too much speculation, after that will regret after being bullish.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

When bitcoin was testing $50k to $55k levels for the very first time by last March/April month, many people opted to sell and missed the rally up to $64k but might have got chances to buy back around $30k levels but that is not a big deal.

The real concern is, people who booked profits around $50k with the anticipation of bearish market but market moved slowly toward $60k and then decided to buy back for not missing out the rally which was expected to last until $100k but failed to break $70k people who had bough back around $60k levels might have missed the rally between $50k to $60k which is the problem; we can eliminate such thing when we opt to hold for life. I am just talking about only bitcoin and even you target to hold for life long, you may book profits at any time you prefer for life's most important requirements.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

I didn't tell you to sell your bitcoin and not to buy again. I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear  Grin

Holding and trading are very different concepts. You can be a holder or you can be a trader. You are simply telling holders to become traders. If you sell what you hold and make trades, then you are not a holder anymore.

I don't deny it, you can indeed make money from trading. The problem is, people who hold their coins don't know how to trade. They don't know how to read charts, they don't know any TA.

For them, trading is a suicide.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
Fun fact: you don't really need to have the literal same strategy for every single coin. Some are great long-term holds, while some are crap for long-term and are mostly only short-mid term trades.

Also, "I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear"? Lmao. Yea, timing bull/bear markets surely have worked well for most people.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019

I will hold until I can still able to manage it. Perhaps, selling during the bullish season is somewhat a good idea but sometimes, it never happens to me, and just sold them earlier. I may say I'm not a long-term holder, I would take the opportunity to sell my coins at a very reasonable price and take the profit. It probably people will say that I was wrong but somehow, I was contented with the small profit, at least I secured my funds/capital for the next investment.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I've been holding bitcoin for many years and I did bought a lot and sold a lot. But I've this part of my holdings that I'm not touching anymore. I've just learned to my past experience that it's better to hold and not touch it and just wait for a few years if I'm going to sell it.

I did these situations, buying at the peak, selling at the peak, buying at the bottom and selling at the bottom. Well, it resorts for me that I'd better just hold it.

That what works for me.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
When they do not sell their coin at a certain high price, they will not profit instead of just holding without a target when they should sell. If they can sell at the bull, which means a high price, that will be their benefit because they can buy back again when the bear market comes.

I think some people have a high expectation for some coins so if the price is not hit their target price, they will not sell it, although that means they need to hold 10 years without knowing when the price can increase or it will be delisted from the exchanges.

But if that is about bitcoin, I think it is worth holding for a long time. Let's say we want to hold for 10 years later or sell when the price hits $1,000,000. That will be an unknown time but that is still worth it.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform

If you say about the longevity of holding a certain coin, it really depends on the instinct of the buyer. The cryptocurrency market is so unpredictable, so there are no promises or guarantees that a certain or particular coin will moon later on. We cannot easily predict the future of it as 99.99% of the predictions won’t happen.

I’ve been holding some certain coins for more than a year and counting, but some are just short and mid-term in which I didn’t hold them for long. Our own guts and instinct tells us if we hold for long or sell it now.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

I didn't tell you to sell your bitcoin and not to buy again. I only say you sell the bull and buy the bear  Grin
it's always happened actually. Because a lot of holders decided to dont touch their profits until they reach their target, they don't mind about the situation as well such bearish seasons wherein mostly assets in the market were affected. Probably its because they're expecting too much?. Or they believed that holding for how many years is worth it than short term. Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 34
It's not possible to hold a coin through out life time. It's only death  that can make a coin to be held for a life time. Coin be hold for a long time and when the price goes up it can be sold out.  I don't  see why coin should be hold for a life time because a coin is meant to be traded and sold out and not to be kept for ever.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Isn't it obvious?? If I am holding a coin and never sell it off, how will I make use of the profit? That's common sense! Holding a coin for the rest of my life is not a great idea because it makes us rich on papers but not in reality. It applies to any other kind of investment where dividend is not involved. All we need to wait for the right time to sell and to re-enter the market. I thought that's common sense for any normal people.
We don't know what will happen with a coin and its price so if we do make investment, first thing to do is take profit with part of our invesment, get our initial capital back. If our invesment is in profitable mode, we can take profit and get capital back. For the rest, you can HODL and wait for luck to get rich, to become millionaire or bilionaire.

I don't think an approach to spend money for investment and hold with dream to get rich is good. In good case, you can get rich but in bad case you can get rekted and even can not get your initial capital back after all. It's very bad in my opinion in terms of investment, risk and benefit management.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1496

Isn't it obvious?? If I am holding a coin and never sell it off, how will I make use of the profit? That's common sense! Holding a coin for the rest of my life is not a great idea because it makes us rich on papers but not in reality. It applies to any other kind of investment where dividend is not involved. All we need to wait for the right time to sell and to re-enter the market. I thought that's common sense for any normal people.
Pages:
Jump to: