Pages:
Author

Topic: you think Trezor is a safe way for bitcoin ! - page 3. (Read 5979 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 12, 2015, 06:57:09 PM
Trezor the company could fold tomorrow and you'd be fine. You can either connect the device to  your phone and use Mycelium, or if you wrote down the recovery seed, you can use electrum without even having the device. Now both mycelium and Electrum use backend servers but it is possible to setup your own electrum backend server. Probably other ways to deal with this too.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
November 12, 2015, 06:55:14 PM
hey , i think every one know trezor or most of people atleast. to put your btc into a wallet trezor its good way , but have you never think about if trezor shutdown ? there is some people who will say thats its big company , yes i know but MTgox too was a good company and at the end they stoped.

is there any other way to use your btc when trezor stoped ? i mean do i can use my btc if trezor stoped and shutdown ?

I dont see a reason to trust Trezor or any other hardware wallet. Because is not meant for third party trust. Simply move your coins to a paper wallet generated by Coinb.in in an offline computer for cold storage. For regular usage, keep small amount your coins in a Copay mobile wallet. Both are open source and no third party trust required.

I think Trezor is generally a good idea if you are going to be using the coins in your cold storage more often than just putting them inside and forgetting about them, but if I wanted actual cold storage, paper wallet with BIP38 encryption personally remains the undisputed champion.
Activity: 271
Merit: 117
November 12, 2015, 06:42:09 PM
hey , i think every one know trezor or most of people atleast. to put your btc into a wallet trezor its good way , but have you never think about if trezor shutdown ? there is some people who will say thats its big company , yes i know but MTgox too was a good company and at the end they stoped.

is there any other way to use your btc when trezor stoped ? i mean do i can use my btc if trezor stoped and shutdown ?

I dont see a reason to trust Trezor or any other hardware wallet. Because is not meant for third party trust. Simply move your coins to a paper wallet generated by Coinb.in in an offline computer for cold storage. For regular usage, keep small amount your coins in a Copay mobile wallet. Both are open source and no third party trust required.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
November 12, 2015, 06:33:06 PM
You need to post in the forum of your home language, or you need to better articulate yourself because I have no idea what you're asking.

He's asking what happens if Trezor guys shut down the project or what happens if they have put a malicious code in a Trezor and decide to run away with our coins? At least this is how I translated his post.

1) So ok, if they decide to shut down their firm OP, you just take your mnemonic seed and import it in another wallet of choice and there you go, you have your coins.

2) If you have asked what happens if they have put malicious code in a Trezor, I don't think this is possible as Trezor is open source and anybody can review the source code if they want!

Cheers!

1) trezors key is uniquely linked to the device. and as such, is not the same as the brainwallet key
2) trezor works by linking to a computer, which links to the internet. which links to the trezor site. when disconnected.. its just a memor storage device, all transactions need to go through to trezor servers.. so although the likely hood of changing the firmware of the hardware wallet is impossible.. there are ways to hack the computer to change the 'bridge' broswer extention, or spoof the trezor site

.. that said, its much safer then just storing coins on blockchain.info coinbase.(if trazor never shutsdown)
but not as safe as using bitcoin core and setting the wallet.dat file to be on a memory stick
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
November 12, 2015, 06:12:26 PM
You need to post in the forum of your home language, or you need to better articulate yourself because I have no idea what you're asking.

He's asking what happens if Trezor guys shut down the project or what happens if they have put a malicious code in a Trezor and decide to run away with our coins? At least this is how I translated his post.

So ok, if they decide to shut down their firm OP, you just take your mnemonic seed and import it in another wallet of choice and there you go, you have your coins.

If you have asked what happens if they have put malicious code in a Trezor, I don't think this is possible as Trezor is open source and anybody can review the source code if they want!

Cheers!

that what i'm asking about exactly !
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 12, 2015, 06:10:52 PM

So ok, if they decide to shut down their firm OP, you just take your mnemonic seed and import it in another wallet of choice and there you go, you have your coins.

If you have asked what happens if they have put malicious code in a Trezor, I don't think this is possible as Trezor is open source and anybody can review the source code if they want!

Cheers!
Activity: 129
Merit: 1
November 12, 2015, 06:07:05 PM
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
November 12, 2015, 06:05:46 PM

Pages:
Jump to: