Pages:
Author

Topic: You think we're deviating from bitcoin's philosophy? - page 3. (Read 941 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 100
The pursuit of money has long been the main goal for most people. The fact is that at present this is happening in almost all spheres of activity. Capitalism is actively promoted and therefore actively developed.
Activity: 412
Merit: 3
I think the market is still growing although not as anticipated but I believe this is a stepping stone for us and it will remove the weak ones.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
Maybe because the supply is very limited and it's hard to generate more because of the company mining it, and everyone puts value on it and everybody wants to acquire compared to dollar where you can resupply, you can only do this if you will fork Bitcoin and many coins are forked of Bitcoin but they are not gaining support enough to topple Bitcoin.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
"but I think we are moving a bit away in the goal that Satoshi had when he put his words in the bitcoin whitepaper,"

I am little bit confuse about that word above, I don't catch the point of that. Can you explain clearly or specifically about that words?
In what way we are deviating the philosophy of Bitcoin.

I never think that people are not deviating the philosophy of Bitcoin because Crypto currency is freedom. It is a new ways of getting and earning more profit. Associating of money industry and technology improvement is done in crypto currency. People are free to mean and define about crypto currency because it is now becoming a speculation or even investment. It is difficult to deal with both terms to define Bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I don't think it has deviated from its original purpose, even if people seem to only recognize its potential for profit.
I believe bitcoin and other methods of decentralization  are meant to give people more freedom, and financial freedom also fits the bill.

Associating something with extraordinary profit a great strategy to get people attracted to something and grow its use.
The next step is to use the same technology that made bitcoin possible, blockchain, to redesign society to allow for freedom in all its forms, not just financial.

The extraordinary profit of Bitcoin in early 2018 attracted a huge number of people to the crypto market, making many poor. Many of them didn't even understand what kind of technology it was and why they were unlucky. Therefore, I think everyone should understand the technology before investing money.

Yeah, that's my opinion as well, luckily information is spreading around more than ever, and we have tons of youtube tutorials/blogs and even this forum to learn what we want to know about the blockchain and cryptos, sadly people always is gonna fall for the greed trap, but I hope that they have learned their lesson by now.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
God knows if we are building it while destroying it, or we are destroying it while marking it perfect.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
I don't think it has deviated from its original purpose, even if people seem to only recognize its potential for profit.
I believe bitcoin and other methods of decentralization  are meant to give people more freedom, and financial freedom also fits the bill.

Associating something with extraordinary profit a great strategy to get people attracted to something and grow its use.
The next step is to use the same technology that made bitcoin possible, blockchain, to redesign society to allow for freedom in all its forms, not just financial.

The extraordinary profit of Bitcoin in early 2018 attracted a huge number of people to the crypto market, making many poor. Many of them didn't even understand what kind of technology it was and why they were unlucky. Therefore, I think everyone should understand the technology before investing money.
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
The best thing about cryptocurrencies is that they use cold, hard math and cryptography to replace human "trust" as a part of the relative "intrinsic" value of cryptocurrency. And we all know that humans generally cannot be trusted. But cold, hard math and cryptography CAN be trusted.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
The result of satoshi's vision is to gain worldwide acceptance of his decentralised currency. However there wont be much interest unless there is huge profits involved. I'd say it is working so far
It was never considered to be something to give "huge profits". That came as a secondary usefulness for people who were early investors. This would not have happened if bitcoin was not created in the way it was by Satoshi. Though I feel he knew that deflation would gradually cause the price to rise and not stay stagnant. Still the high profit of crypto did make it a modus operandi for luring victims and scamming them by malicious individuals.

I think we are deviating from bitcoins philosophy of serving as a peer to peer transfer of money across the internet to something different, to be precise, quick money back investment schemes and promising of unrealistic profit from greedy people that is conveying different thing bitcoins was meant to be.
That is a ponzi scheme or a HYIP/MLM at its best. No such investment scheme gives such high profits in short time without getting scammed.
Activity: 70
Merit: 3

Activity: 812
Merit: 101
yes, the crypto world is a trade, investment, strategy, holding, buying, and selling, and in the future crypto will be a legal transaction tool.

if you are FOMO or panic, then you should often read a bitcoin guidebook, because bitcoin is the parent of crypto.

then, you can also join the crypto community to get the knowledge that will eliminate FOMO and your panic.
Activity: 434
Haven’t people thought that we are deviating a little from what bitcoin intended to be? just need to see the first pages of the forum to realize that the discussions focused more on “which crypto will generate more money in X amount of time” or “it is good to invest Y amount of money in Z currency”. Of course, I do not think this is bad, because, in the end, investors and adoption for different reasons benefit bitcoin, but I think we are moving a bit away in the goal that Satoshi had when he put his words in the bitcoin whitepaper, and how do not do it? if is so easy to get lost in the FUD, FOMO, and a cloud of thoughts, at least once a week I have to read the bitcoin whitepaper to try to not lose the way.

Maybe I’m just exaggerating but I’ll love to hear your opinions.

Bitcoin does not deviate from its path. He just has such a period of development. To use bitcoin as a means of payment, it must be less volatile. However, he now behaves quite steadily. I hope this will continue. The only problem is that many expect bitcoin growth rather than developing it as a means of payment.
Activity: 328
www.daxico.com
I think we are deviating from bitcoins philosophy of serving as a peer to peer transfer of money across the internet to something different, to be precise, quick money back investment schemes and promising of unrealistic profit from greedy people that is conveying different thing bitcoins was meant to be.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
The main thing is that bitcoin is actively used. Yes, now it is a very profitable investment, but I am sure that its success as a currency will definitely come to him, just a little later.
Activity: 364
Now bitcoin is significantly strengthened through active investment in it. If most people did not want to make a profit from it, it would not have developed to such an extent and would not have become popular, respectively, and over it would not have been.

Activity: 527
Merit: 101
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Bitcoin is now really much more actively used as an investment, but I do not see anything wrong with that. Bitcoin as a currency still continues to evolve and improve, which means we will use it exactly as intended.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
The result of satoshi's vision is to gain worldwide acceptance of his decentralised currency. However there wont be much interest unless there is huge profits involved. I'd say it is working so far
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
yes, you are exaggerating, because you joined a bounty campaign ...
The more money that goes into the altcoins (in this case time) the more stubborn shills will become about supporting it. Because their money depends on it and they wont make any returns if others done enter into it. Simple logic.

Eventually speculation will decline and people will become more focused on making money with Bitcoin by doing business instead of just speculating.
That would take a lot of time. If there are bans and regulation put in everyday people become afraid to use their coins. Not in all countries though. Many are relaxed about their rules and accept crypto payments. A good comparison with the domain name bubble I must say. Smiley
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
Technically, yes we are but I think it is more of evolution. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are evolving. Many investors saw its potential so we are just maximizing the possibilities. It is also a good thing because it helps promote Bitcoin and altcoins. The important thing is we know how to properly use it and not to use it on any crimes.
absolutely right, the important thing is that we can use it wisely and don't need to follow the bad steps that others do. We cannot change what others do but we can change ourselves, do it according to what is in the bitcoin whitepaper, what is its vision and mission, no need to follow the wrong steps of others
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
Perhaps it's just a phase,

^ this
but i believe that this is not a phase that goes away. it is more like a cyclical phase. and it happens every now and then with every rally and it is most palpable during the ATH bubbles because by that time there is the most number of people in bitcoin that are in it because of the profit they dreamed of.
Pages:
Jump to: