Pages:
Author

Topic: You would be crazy to spend bitcoins when its rising so much in value - page 2. (Read 2929 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Simple:

Because you have to spend them at some point. When you die sitting on a pile of coins, whats the point?

You want the coins because you want to buy something at some point, right?
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
1)See potential purchase
2)Buy bitcoins for purchase
3)Wait 5 minutes
4)Purchase purchase
5)Profit.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I have seen this said a few times "you would be crazy to spend it when its rising so much in value".

I do not understand this. Sure, at face value thinking that you have X Bitcoins today that are of value Y, why would you get rid of X Bitcoins today when tomorrow their value will be 2Y?

But then how do you spend money? Do you keep fiat currency and spend that? That makes even less sense! Why keep fiat currency?

If you hold Y dollars that are worth X Bitcoins that will tomorrow be worth .5X Bitcoins, why have dollars?

My contention is that most of us are paid in dollars. We all have to pay for things. The best possible scenario for you would be to convert your dollars to bitcoins as quickly as possible and then use it for spending.

Otherwise, if you get paid and then wait a week to spend your fiat, then you have just lost a week worth of value gain.

You would be crazy to spend dollars when having dollars to spend in the first place is crazy.
Pages:
Jump to: