Pages:
Author

Topic: Your greatest trading regret? - page 4. (Read 3091 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
November 09, 2018, 10:03:24 AM
I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.

I actually have the same regret where I regret not selling a certain coin that I am holding when the price of it was too high and too profitable for me to sell. The value of that coin dropped too low now where I couldn't gain a good profit anymore so I am just patiently holding.
Activity: 397
Merit: 100
November 09, 2018, 07:18:05 AM
I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.
I don’t usually buy coins during a Bull, rather I wait till when the bull is over I will then use my money to buy those coins of my choice at a cheaper price rate. I have had the experience in the past when I bought in during a Bull and the market fail.

I just said to myself that if it was able to go this high, then who knows, maybe tomorrow it might even go further. So I bought at a cheaper price when the market was in bear. And within a few years, then came another hull run which was bigger than everything I have ever seen.
Activity: 526
markaccy.io
November 08, 2018, 05:50:37 PM
My the greatest trading regret is when I couldn’t set up a trading bot:(
What the bot do you use?
I have never used a bot in trading, give advice if there are bots that provide big profits.
some people suggest not to bot, how do you respond?
Activity: 446
Merit: 12
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO
November 08, 2018, 05:44:54 PM
My biggest regret is that it happened when ETH fell in the worst number. in my opinion at that time ETH could still fall even deeper, but no, ETH actually went up when I sold it, I sold 3 ETH at that time which of course if I sold at the current price, the profit was good or good for daily scalping
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 08, 2018, 04:42:31 PM

As they say that should be the case, only invest on what you can afford to lose in this field. We should never regret if we learn something out from it so just charge it to experience in that case. I also regret many things like also selling when the profit is good (greed came knocking)but I only see what I've learned from those and not do that again ever since.
Activity: 618
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
November 08, 2018, 03:53:10 PM
Why do you need to set up an automated bot for trading? Remember that you can not predict anything and bot can not thoroughly analyse everything, so it still has flaws in the operation will make things worse.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1354
November 08, 2018, 03:39:11 PM
Buy cryptocurrency in January this year is not the best solution, unfortunately many people made a mistake. Now we just have to wait for the breakeven. Shocked

I cant say that buying bitcoin last January is a mistake. Maybe the reason why do you say like that is because you are looking at the current price of bitcoin which is lower than when it was in January. It is for me just unlucky thing instead of a mistake, the price can still raise in the future so it wont be a mistake. It is a mistake if people bought it in January and sell it because of panic of the current condition of the market.
Activity: 237
Merit: 4
November 08, 2018, 03:21:28 PM
I invested in Genesis Vision ICO and also participated in its bounty program. After its listing on binance it went X3 its ICO price($1). Then the bull run came and it went $51.
I almost cried Cry Cry Cry
But the greatest trading regret was negleting ripple when it was less than a cent, was busy calling it scam scam and centralized. But the scam coin made people millionaires.
Activity: 462
Merit: 23
November 08, 2018, 02:36:10 PM
I feel sorry for myself that I bought LTC when the price reached the highest point Lucky I didn’t bought too many and only one LTC. It was $300 and the price dropped mad since then. Cry I heard BTC is the crypto gold and LTC is the crypto silver, that why I thought the price would rise like BTC. I am still hoping the price will recover one day.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
November 08, 2018, 01:40:38 PM
My regret will be opposite of what you have experienced. I had bought many altcoins last year and they reached 5x-10x in January, But I couldnt sell them because of greed. I sold some of them later with enough profits but I could have got allot more.
Activity: 292
Merit: 11
November 08, 2018, 01:07:16 PM
Buy cryptocurrency in January this year is not the best solution, unfortunately many people made a mistake. Now we just have to wait for the breakeven. Shocked
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 0
November 08, 2018, 01:00:53 PM
Well, my biggest regret is switching my strategy.they always think the price that bitcoin can reach is higher.that's the main regret, selling too early.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
November 08, 2018, 12:59:54 PM
That is a sad story but everyone of us has their own specially this dip market,i have been holding 3 of my tokens until now but I don’t feel losing since the volume stays meaning if the value grow again i may recover the losing value.
I never regret everytime i bought coins or tokens even when the deepest market happen like this yesr,because before purchasing i make sure that i made a deep research and analysis
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
November 08, 2018, 12:40:54 PM
I have the same problem as you OP, I also invested Bitcoins and deposit into my trading site that I currently use since last year. In that situations, I have a huge loose on my portfolio and I think I can't recover on this loss so I decided to have a break in trading for a while. Besides, I invested more Bitcoin and hold it until I'll back in trading. You don't need to regret if you know how to stop in trading and that is the smartest way to minimize your loss.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
November 08, 2018, 11:04:33 AM
What the bot do you use?
I use TradeSanta bot and it's free. But I have some problems the settings..(
Activity: 363
November 08, 2018, 09:56:37 AM
I see most of the coin discount many times. So I think it's not only you who lose money but many people like you. I also lost a lot
Activity: 200
Merit: 12
November 08, 2018, 09:52:46 AM
Listening to teeka tiwari  Grin
Well at least the git got me interested in crypto.

second to that - executing market sell orders instead of limit sells. (Panic while half-asleep)
Activity: 112
November 08, 2018, 09:37:56 AM
What the bot do you use?
Activity: 126
November 08, 2018, 09:18:33 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
November 08, 2018, 09:11:00 AM
I regret that in 2017 Bitcoin prices are very high at $ 20,000. I bought at this price and then until now i can not sell at low prices. I like losing all when joined incorrectly. The moment and now I'm waiting for Bitcoin's comeback in vain. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I regret that I did not sell all Bitcoins and some altcoins when their prices were extremely high. If I would do it, the profit could be really cool. It would give me the opportunity to invest more in crypto.
I also regretting that moment when I didn't sold all my holdings in its peak price because I prefer to hold it and I believe that it can reached another new all time high anytime but, it didn't. It serves a lesson for me on which I should be satisfied on what I already earned and bought again on its deep on which can possibly give me a higher profit.
I think every trader has the same situation, they do not want to sell all bitcoin, they always think the price that bitcoin can reach is higher and higher, greed and high expectations have hurt us all, I also could not escape this situation. And I feel myself very stupid because I had the opportunity to sell and gain profit, not just one but two opportunities, however, greed has pushed me into a harsh destiny, and now, I am waiting in despair, without a definite time
Pages:
Jump to: