Pages:
Author

Topic: your opinion about this investment strategy - page 7. (Read 775 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 22, 2019, 10:03:09 PM
hi
I was introduced recently by a friend to the crypto world. I've been doing some reading about the reality of this ecosystem, creation of bitcoin and then alt coins, market experiences, the different projects objectives, a bit about the theory behind them incl pros and cons, and so on (I am a .net programmer and would like to think tech savvy, but had always ignored this field) and well ... I decided to invest 2K right away

I made some investment choices but then read a bit more and decided to re-balance it in the following manner:

BTC 36%
ADA 23%
XRP 21%
EOS 8%
QTUM 7%
XML 3%
ATOM 2%

On top of this, I am considering investing $250 every month (of course I will be flexible depending on markets prices but take this as an estimate) in the following proportion

BTC 50%
ADA 25%
either EOS, XRP or BCT the rest 25%
note: for some reason I am not a fan of ETH and trust in the potential of ADA much more

I am far from rich, especially because I live in a very expensive city, but I have a decent paying job and I try not to overspend; so as part of my savings strategy [for early retirement] I am saving 2-2.5K every month and transferring it to a money market account (and then CDs) so at least it can grow a bit in time (not counting growing inflation)

This good friend mentioned to me the so-called 1 BTC rule and I have been giving some thought to this idea. Purchasing 1 BTC would not be a problem [in the affordability sense] but then I think about the other tenet which talks about only investing in crypto what you can afford to lose. If I lost the invested 2K I would be really pissed off but I would get over that. Now shelling 8K for 1 BTC would not kill me either but It would certainly impact my plans for an early retirement

What is your perspective on this situation?

Pages:
Jump to: