Pages:
Author

Topic: Youtube alternative supports BTC donations - FreeTube - page 2. (Read 310 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 304
I'm curious to know if it has the monetization feature of YouTube as well.

I don't think such features will be made available; monetizing is always made available for channels that accept promotional offers for projects, and YouTube can use their channel to promote other projects in the form of ads, so anything that doesn't accept ads can't be monetized because there is no place that the platform will be earning from to pay them.

This is a free YouTube page that is being sponsored by donations, and they don't run ads, so there is no way they will get monetized. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
This is a wonderful innovation that I am really excited about. Lately, YouTube has grown so big that I feel it is saturated and this necessitate the need for alternatives. Freetube offering a decentralise alternative is a welcomed development.  

I'm curious to know if it has the monetization feature of YouTube as well.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager
- Subscriptions can be made without account, for following channels and new videos, live shows, shorts.
This is the standout feature for me. I forget most of the time that I'm not registered and try to like videos and subscribe but always get a warning message that I have to create and account on Google before doing that, so I can't follow channels that I will like to.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
I was really pissed what youtube has turned into lately so I was trying to find alternatives for every day use and watching videos.

Best option I found so far for desktop computers (Linux, Mac, wind0ws) is youtube client called FreeTube.

Interesting thing that FreeTube is totally free, open source community made app, that respects privacy and accepts Bitcoin donations (so far they accepted 0.06738718 BTC)!

What advantages I noticed compared to using Youtube in browser?

- No Ads, and no adblockers.
- It works much faster and it takes less resources, so it's great for low spec devices, raspberry pi, old computers, etc.
- Subscriptions can be made without account, for following channels and new videos, live shows, shorts.
- Open source and Private.
- Bitcoin donations accepted.

FreeTube Githhub page:
https://github.com/FreeTubeApp

If you like FreeTube consider supporting developers with Liberapay or Bitcoin donations:

If you like FreeTube, consider supporting the project by donating to one of the following Cryptocurrency addresses:
BTC: 1Lih7Ho5gnxb1CwPD4o59ss78pwo2T91eS
https://freetubeapp.io/
Pages:
Jump to: