Pages:
Author

Topic: Zero: A better ZCash fork - page 2. (Read 418 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
April 01, 2018, 11:13:06 AM
I also think this coin has potential.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr
April 01, 2018, 10:33:16 AM
Yes, good write up.  I'm surprised these Z coins are so low value.  Privacy coins deserve much more attention as governments start tracking transactions down to the citizen.

Definitely. The thing is, they can still track it to some extent, because of exchanges, now the Alliance Zero is trying to form gets rid of that problem by hiding the sensitive information.
Merit: 102
March 31, 2018, 11:04:04 PM
Yes, good write up.  I'm surprised these Z coins are so low value.  Privacy coins deserve much more attention as governments start tracking transactions down to the citizen.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
March 31, 2018, 10:47:43 PM
looks promising dude, i'll try to read it.
it has many advantages compared with other coins. may it can be huge soon
March 31, 2018, 10:30:06 PM
@lakimens. After almost 3 years of being in the cryptospace and witnessing all kinds of coins come and go, I reckon Zero is one of those projects that will only be pumped then dumped by traders, and we will not see it become what the developers want it to become. A bitcoin killer it is not because it will never be as good.

It is not advertised as a bitcoin killer and it doesn't have to be. Bitcoin is not good by any means, it is just the first one.
All I am saying is that comparing it to the other ZCash forks and ZCash itself, this thing is a beast, the others don't even have a roadmap.
We still don't know what kinds of things will be tested on Mach Wave, maybe POS, maybe WormHoleX, maybe some other way to sustain a high load of transactions, I am saying there is potential.

Quoted your post and let us see where you are and Zero is in 3 years. I reckon bitcoin will be pushing on new all time highs while Zero will be another forgotten altcoin.

Also, I do not mean to step on the project you are shilling. But I speak from experience.

Yeah, that might happen, it has happened a few times, we can't predict the future, but I think there'll be HUGE gains after this bear.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
March 31, 2018, 10:01:13 PM
@lakimens. After almost 3 years of being in the cryptospace and witnessing all kinds of coins come and go, I reckon Zero is one of those projects that will only be pumped then dumped by traders, and we will not see it become what the developers want it to become. A bitcoin killer it is not because it will never be as good.

It is not advertised as a bitcoin killer and it doesn't have to be. Bitcoin is not good by any means, it is just the first one.
All I am saying is that comparing it to the other ZCash forks and ZCash itself, this thing is a beast, the others don't even have a roadmap.
We still don't know what kinds of things will be tested on Mach Wave, maybe POS, maybe WormHoleX, maybe some other way to sustain a high load of transactions, I am saying there is potential.

Quoted your post and let us see where you are and Zero is in 3 years. I reckon bitcoin will be pushing on new all time highs while Zero will be another forgotten altcoin.

Also, I do not mean to step on the project you are shilling. But I speak from experience.
March 31, 2018, 09:50:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
March 31, 2018, 09:06:49 PM

March 31, 2018, 09:00:26 PM
Another day, another fork, or so I thought.
After doing a little bit of research, I found that the project manager sometimes comes to chat to ask for opinions or do Q&A.
I found out that apparently, this coin was the most profitable to mine at one point, before it got beat down by bitcoin's downfall.
Yeah, those are also good things.
Activity: 32
March 31, 2018, 12:01:33 PM
Another day, another fork, or so I thought.
After doing a little bit of research, I found that the project manager sometimes comes to chat to ask for opinions or do Q&A.
I found out that apparently, this coin was the most profitable to mine at one point, before it got beat down by bitcoin's downfall.
March 31, 2018, 11:48:09 AM
Thanks for your easy-to-understand comparison! But now, all kinds of digital money are on the decline, need more time to recover!
Of course, I am purely pointing out the differences. This is a very unknown coin and compared to the other ZCash forks, which all have a higher market cap, this seems like an awesome deal.
Merit: 105
March 31, 2018, 11:07:34 AM
Thanks for your easy-to-understand comparison! But now, all kinds of digital money are on the decline, need more time to recover!
Activity: 25
March 31, 2018, 10:18:19 AM
This coin is still very much under the radar, anyone who is lucky enough to find it will truly be rewarded!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoins/
March 30, 2018, 09:50:57 PM
I've been reading on Zero, getting involved with it for a long time, here's why I think it has HUGE potential:

1. It's market cap is under $3M - Let's compare this to the other ZCash forks:

-ZenCash is $17 in this bear with a market cap of $60M. Features include private transactions and private conversations.
-ZCoin is $30 in this bear with a market cap of $120M. Does nothing more than ZCash.
-ZClassic, an abandoned coin, that does basically nothing more than ZCash has a higher market cap.$2.92 and $10M market cap.
-Hush, with a market cap of $3.5M is at a higher position than Zero.

You can see that basically every ZCash fork has grown quite a bit, Zero is the last one to go and it will happen soon.

2. The Roadmap - I can't even see a roadmap on most of the ZCash forks, they just fork it and leave it, I guess.

Zero has a lot of development going on after the usual private transactions.

Mach Wave - Basically a safe haven for experimentation and further development, it will be a fork that undergoes rigorous experiments and anything successful will get ported to Zero.

WormHoleX - Yeah, yeah, I get it, the name sounds childish. It isn't childish, because that's actually what they're trying to achieve. What they're trying to achieve here is almost instant transactions by using the theory of wormholes.

Zero Alliance - An Alliance of anonymous/private coins that actually values the privacy of their users. An exchange is to be created and a key will be held by the representative of each cryptocurrency that is in the alliance, only all the keys together can unlock sensitive information, like user profiles.

Source.

3. Community-driven - There is no founder's reward or premine on this coin and anyone working for/on it is doing it of their own free will, without anyone paying them or having a huge pile of coins that they want to push, they're all investors. The coin was abandoned and it was later taken over by the community, project manager is Demarsac.
You can see that right after the community takeover on November 27th, the price started rising, 10 days after the takeover, price was already double what it was before.

4. Features - Zero's features include :
Faster transactions - Under 2 minutes per block.
Lower transaction costs - Literally costs ZERO to make a transaction. I've made a transaction with 0.0000001 ZER as a transaction fee, that is $0.00000012 at $12, the highest price this coin has had.
Eco-Friendly - Zero uses a modified equihash algorithm that consumes less electricity(30%).

5. Table is with data from late January - 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________

CoinMarketCap
Cryptopia, Crex24
Announcement
Pages:
Jump to: