Pages:
Author

Topic: CGminer v3.8.5 on Broadcom based DD-WRT / OpenWRT - page 17. (Read 76917 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
I had not specified a wifi type. I tried B-only to no avail (the wifi router LED still turns on fully). Nice suggestion though =(

Host router: 192.168.11.1
client bridge router: 192.168.11.50
PC connected to client bridge via ethernet: 192.168.11.25

The host router is a POS and starts at 192.168.11.1 and I believe starts issuing DHCP leases at 192.168.11.2.

Sorry for derailing the cgminer thread, but, OTOH, thank you very much for the suggestions. I made an updated post on the DD-WRT forums here . I will try to get this sorted out in its proper place. Please reply to that thread or PM me if you have any other suggestions!!
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
Have you specified a wifi type? I put mine G-only. Also read that mixed can confuse things.
Keep reading DD-WRT forums, may find something to help. It certainly should work!

Also, you're matching up the IP's properly aren't you? What's the IP of the main router you're connecting to? What IP did you set the e3000 to? does the main router have a range set aside for static IPs?

Can I compile for TP? No. I tried, doesn't work with the compiler I have. People have though, so I don't know why they don't make it available...
There was some talk of problems with client bridge with some versions. Last I checked build 15962 was the one recommended, which is the one I use.

My settings are client bridge, with bridged network configuration.

I am now trying client bridge mode on 15962 -- with the same problems  Sad

I'm just going to keep at it. Any other ideas?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
can you compile for tp also?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
There was some talk of problems with client bridge with some versions. Last I checked build 15962 was the one recommended, which is the one I use.

Good stuff.  Needed to know this.

Yes, bridged is what you want if you aren't routing multiple networks.
legendary
This is not OK.

I am having trouble getting DD-WRT to connect to my wireless network. I am trying to run the router in "Client mode". I made a post on the DD-WRT forums, which I've posted below.
Quote from: streblo
Router: Cisco e3000, DD-WRT 14929 std-usb
Goal: Have the router run in client or client bridged mode (I have followed this guide exactly)
Problem: The client router cannot ping (if given a static IP) or get a DHCP lease from the host router. The host router is encrypted with WEP (I am aware of security issues. I am not in control of the host router). I think the client router cannot properly connect wirelessly. Is there any way to check? In status->wireless, the host router DOES show up under "access point." The external WLAN light does come on solid. Signal quality is reported at ~60%.

Under wireless->"Basic Settings", for the 802.11x adaptor, wl0, should "network configuration" be bridged or unbridged? I have tried both, but I followed the guide exactly which doesn't mention it (bridged is the default setting).

Thank you very much in advance

There's 10BTC going to p_shep if I can actually get these singles running off of this e3000.

Any ideas?

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Ah. Will not work.

This is compiled for mipsEL (little endian) processor.
TP-LINK is mipsEB (big endian) processor.

err..thanks for the info. =)
legendary
This is not OK.
Ah. Will not work.

This is compiled for mipsEL (little endian) processor.
TP-LINK is mipsEB (big endian) processor.
legendary
the archive is big because of the bitstreams for ztex and modminer. Unless you have one of those, you don't need them. The executable is actually quite a bit smaller.

I am using this: http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Icarus#Using_TP-LINK_TL-WR703N_as_host

am running out of space. the cgminer 2.4.1 here is 130, yours 150, I cant make it +x, why? is this a dumb question?

I cant run the api with privileged access on this 2.4.1,think its a bug, thats reason I am trying a new version.
legendary
This is not OK.
the archive is big because of the bitstreams for ztex and modminer. Unless you have one of those, you don't need them. The executable is actually quite a bit smaller.
legendary
what can you remove do to make it smaller?

I have a version 2.4.1 cgminer its only 130k
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
I'm going to try loading this on a MR3020, although I won't have anything to test it with until Monday.
legendary
This is not OK.
Updated for cgminer 2.4.3:
https://github.com/downloads/pshep/cgminer/cgminer-2.4.3-mipsel.tar.gz

Now including Ztex & ModMiner Quad
(though I don't know if they work)
Activity: 784
Openwrt is Running now i Need to find Out how the Rest will work Wink
€:

i have USB Working on that thing. Now need to do the part with storage access and later the part with ztex drivers

hmm I'm running into the mentioned space constrains (only 28KB left ....).... could anybody tell me how to make a low memory version of open wrt?  Or what of the installed software i do not need ....

legendary
This is not OK.
When you guys sort out how to get the ztex working in vanilla OpenWRT/DD-WRT, post the guide here and I'll include in the readme Smiley
Activity: 784
Bought a mr3420 will try it as soon as I'm home.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
thank you.
I will give it a try but I'm so busy it will take a while.

can I place only the bitstream folder on the usb device or must it be the whole cgminer with the bitstream?

You can place only the bitstream folder but you'll have to run cgminer with the current directory being the parent of bitstreams.

Once you do give it a try let me know if you have any issues. I might try it out with a plain vanilla OpenWRT one of these days too, but can't really promise I'll beat you to it.
Activity: 686
thank you.
I will give it a try but I'm so busy it will take a while.

can I place only the bitstream folder on the usb device or must it be the whole cgminer with the bitstream?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
do you have a small tutorial for both usb storage and using it with cgminer and ztex?

No, I don't. I'm using my own build of OpenWRT so my steps are not directly useful if you are using anything else. Still, I can help anyone who is willing to write said tutorial, and get that into the cgminer distribution readmes.

All in all it should be very trivial to get that up and going once the correct libs and modules are in place. For usb storage I'm using a usb key with 2 partitions, one with ext4 and one with swap (just because, not really needed). Look at http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/usb.storage for guidelines and ask if you have any doubts.

As for cgminer, you'll need both the cgminer binary and the bitstreams directory, both living side by side in the same directory.
Pages:
Jump to: