Pages:
Author

Topic: How Can We Identify Someone Who Uses AI? - page 4. (Read 927 times)

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
There are some AI detecting tools which can identify the AI created texts by identifying the patterns since AIs use specific templates for most of their outputs but still it is not possible to say whether it is 100% created by human or AI tools. But if someone is blatantly doing it can be identified just by their contents are more generic and doesn't include any personal touch would be good indicator.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
You can determine this by comparing the quality of the English language between the posts. If there is a big difference between each post, it is most likely that the user is not the one who makes these posts, and then you can use the free AI tools to confirm your suspicions.

If the posts are paid, you can report it to the campaign manager or board mods and this spam posts will be deleted, but if all his posts seem suspicious, then create a topic about it in reputation board. Continuing this behavior after deleting your posts may lead to a ban.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 3016
Perhaps just follow your instinct?

If you see a post and it doesn't sounds like a human did it, then perhaps you might be right. I'm not generalizing everyone, but perhaps majority of newbies might be guilty of doing AI post. But for those who have been here for so long, then I doubt that they will do AI posting. I think newbies might used AI more often, one reason is that they might think that they should post with quality and obviously to get merit as well.

Some newbies are probably using AI because they didn't realise that it is a bad habit. Some later give up doing it. But I'd say that majority of AI users are owners of big farms of alt accounts. And some of these accounts were signed up years ago, some were hacked. I'd say that in many cases AI usage is not the only suspicious thing which these accounts do.

If you see anyone using AI for posting, share this with others. Best to report this correctly, but even if you're not sure how to report to mods, someone will do it if you'll tell about AI user in a relevant topic.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
The use of AI to make a quality post is a big offense in this Forum and I believe we still have members who are still doing as we speak.
I can't tell why they do it or is it because of how the high ranked members preach so much about making quality post before you earn merit that's the cause of people using AI to post or is there something we need to know that's the cause of breaking this rule.
How can we wash off this ill behavior? Because I know the offenders know it's not good and they know the implications if found doing it. What's the best thing to do to stop the use of AI from going on in this Forum?
Perhaps just follow your instinct?

If you see a post and it doesn't sounds like a human did it, then perhaps you might be right. I'm not generalizing everyone, but perhaps majority of newbies might be guilty of doing AI post. But for those who have been here for so long, then I doubt that they will do AI posting. I think newbies might used AI more often, one reason is that they might think that they should post with quality and obviously to get merit as well.
Activity: 574
Merit: 308

I thought the forum have a rule stating that it shouldn't be used, take a look at how campaign are having these bonus of a thing, I really can't remember the manager but they do give bonus for best post, don't you think most of them do use AI to advance their post?

Don't talk nonsense; there is no way users who get a bonus for creating good posts can create them using the AI tool. In the end, do not consider managers idiots who are not able to understand what a person or a machine writes. In addition, the manager offers a reward for searching for AI posts in his company.

Hell no.. I'm not talking nonsense, before you call it nonsense first of all understand what I'm saying... All I'm saying is that  the bonuses given to participants for best post ARE THE REASON WHY SOME USERS GO TO THAT LENGTH OF USING AI TO POST AND TO MAKE IT MORE QUALITY ENOUGH TO GET THAT BONUS at least not all users but SOME
and I never said the campaign managers are idiots I never and will never say such, I respect them for all they're doing is not easy so that's it... At least I now know they have a way of detecting AI post or something like that.

On the other hand, how can you stop the flow of AI posts? First, don't do it yourself. Next, there is a topic where there are several tools with which you can check whether the posts were written with the help of AI or not. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ai-spam-report-reference-thread-5456516

I don't know how to do such @lovesmayfamilis 😂 but it I have my way I'll do it so that we won't have those who find it hard to type what they have in their brain.

In terms of community attitude, DT is currently tagging some users who abuse AI with a neutral and sometimes negative tag, which serves as a warning to managers.

Wow... That's a good one, thanks anyways.. but is it suppose to be on the managers? Why those tags ain't suppose to be on the participants who break the rules?🙄

You're getting it wrong. What @lovesmayfamilis wrote is not that difficult to understand. It's simple and well punctuated. Let me help you to explain it further using lay man language. It means that users using AI to post in the forum are currently being tag by DT if found. The tags now serves as a warning to campaign managers that such users are using AI to generate their posts and should not be given chance in their campaigns. Not that the managers receive the tag on behalf of the users using AI. I hope you understand now.

Presently, there's no official rule against the use of AI but the entire Forum frown at it which is a sign that it should not be tolerated. The reason why you are been given brain is to think and offer solution. The AI is another person's ability to think and he brought the idea. Why not use your brain (referring to people using AI) to think of something else too? AI post can be easily identify with the language structure and grammar usage.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
There are many free tools available online to check wether a text was written using AI or not (with high accuracy) like this one.

You can also often detect AI generated content by just reading the text. AI-generated content usually has a lot of repetition of words and phrases and if the subject is a bit technical you can notice irrelevent/innacurate data being thrown around as well.  Although you may have to double check with an AI detector tool to confirm.

I would like to add my 2 cents here that first of all, not all AI detectors are correct. Since the AI detecting sites is increasing, we need to get confluence from one or more sites in order to conclude that the content written is AI-based. Secondly, those who are using AI would be caught sooner or later.

ARE THE REASON WHY SOME USERS GO TO THAT LENGTH OF USING AI TO POST AND TO MAKE IT MORE QUALITY ENOUGH TO GET THAT BONUS at least not all users but SOME

Do you mean that when you see a good lengthy post, you think the author has taken the help of AI in order to write that post and improve the quality of the post Cheesy
Man, you need to visit a psychologist anytime soon  Wink
Activity: 129
Merit: 16

I thought the forum have a rule stating that it shouldn't be used, take a look at how campaign are having these bonus of a thing, I really can't remember the manager but they do give bonus for best post, don't you think most of them do use AI to advance their post?

Don't talk nonsense; there is no way users who get a bonus for creating good posts can create them using the AI tool. In the end, do not consider managers idiots who are not able to understand what a person or a machine writes. In addition, the manager offers a reward for searching for AI posts in his company.

Hell no.. I'm not talking nonsense, before you call it nonsense first of all understand what I'm saying... All I'm saying is that  the bonuses given to participants for best post ARE THE REASON WHY SOME USERS GO TO THAT LENGTH OF USING AI TO POST AND TO MAKE IT MORE QUALITY ENOUGH TO GET THAT BONUS at least not all users but SOME
and I never said the campaign managers are idiots I never and will never say such, I respect them for all they're doing is not easy so that's it... At least I now know they have a way of detecting AI post or something like that.

On the other hand, how can you stop the flow of AI posts? First, don't do it yourself. Next, there is a topic where there are several tools with which you can check whether the posts were written with the help of AI or not. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ai-spam-report-reference-thread-5456516

I don't know how to do such @lovesmayfamilis 😂 but it I have my way I'll do it so that we won't have those who find it hard to type what they have in their brain.

In terms of community attitude, DT is currently tagging some users who abuse AI with a neutral and sometimes negative tag, which serves as a warning to managers.

Wow... That's a good one, thanks anyways.. but is it suppose to be on the managers? Why those tags ain't suppose to be on the participants who break the rules?🙄
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
If you are looking for a way how to identify and report them we have a thread here on "How To Identify AI and Report Posts".

I'll look into it, and thanks for the link...

Based on discussion in that thread, I opened a thread in Reputation where anyone can post evidence for references to be included in reports to mods for "AI spam."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ai-spam-report-reference-thread-5456516

Almost all posts reported in that thread have thus far been deleted, which is nearly 200 posts by now.

I encourage anyone to check the thread if you are suspicious that a poster is using ChatGPT to write their posts for them, then just follow the guidelines presented in the first post to submit your report reference (don't forget to also send the report).
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
I just hope before the end of this year such experience would be less because we might see it as a normal thing but I'll call it corruption on this forum and those at the head of the table need to act up as the Government we have here to help us fight against it.
There is no such government to help you fight against the use of AI on the forum. It is we users that can collectively pick out those who auto generate generic posts and spam around the forum.

There is no specific rule against the use of AI, it has been so long since a new rule was included in the forum, but there is a rule against spamming and users who rely on bot posts are usually account farmers, spamming on multiple accounts.
If you find any generic looking post, which does not offer any human thought but beats around generalities, you may likely have reached an AI post.
Activity: 308
Merit: 340
Jolly? I think I've heard that name before. hmm
The use of AI to make a quality post is a big offense in this Forum and I believe we still have members who are still doing as we speak.
I can't tell why they do it or is it because of how the high ranked members preach so much about making quality post before you earn merit that's the cause of people using AI to post or is there something we need to know that's the cause of breaking this rule.
How can we wash off this ill behavior? Because I know the offenders know it's not good and they know the implications if found doing it. What's the best thing to do to stop the use of AI from going on in this Forum?

i think DTs has a good solution about this. @Nutildah is quite adept at detecting AI-generated posts, and he is very dedicated to addressing this. You can help him if you have the ability and time

cut

I'm glad to see you are fine
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿

Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
So if they can't be stopped which is true then was the drastic decision those at the head of the table would take that would serve as a lesson to the other ones who are involved in it? Too much of talking without action won't move them to stop or even take a break with it.
So far there are no forum integrated tools to detect AI, spambusters have to detect them manually with third party tools which may have dubious results. The thing is, we won't know what kind of activity new users will be doing before they make their first post.
That will be a loophole longer for spammers not to stop trying intensively, plus their ignorance of forum rules.
Amid of these causes, many accounts are just fake accounts of one or more members. They gain merits to get accepted into the signature campaigns, and then to manage time and make good posts many uses AI and a recent cases of copy writing was caught in which the users were just changing some grammatical terms or i would say they were just rewriting other member's posts and posting them. Which was done by some software of course just to save some time. So that in less time they could make more post which is equal to more money.
we can only report them, i think on weekly basis many cases are being reported or i should increase the time period to Month. Because this month and last month and the month before that. Many members were caught using AI and got banned. So, i think we should not worry about this issue let the moderators and police of BTT should take care of this matter. But Many respected members of this platform has already taken steps to capture those using AI.

I just hope before the end of this year such experience would be less because we might see it as a normal thing but I'll call it corruption on this forum and those at the head of the table need to act up as the Government we have here to help us fight against it. Just as @Nwada001 said, those using AI to make a post are lazy and I'm saying is cheating on other members in this great forum, because you want to get more recognition you have to go as far as to cheat, this isn't funny anymore.
Activity: 322
Merit: 146
With the  experience of my school days, I could sense some reasons why some students cheats either during an exam or quiz time.
It is absolutely because they are not self reliance.

And this discussion has reminded me of a topic I made on the Nigeria (Naija) local board titled  " Bitcoin discussion platform na brain enhancement"
Meaning this platform as a Bitcoin Discussion platform is a mental brainstorming enhancement booster. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62580105
Which if we exercise the intend of this platform, we would be mentally and psychologically buoyant to face our fears and conquer.

Truthfully, there would be no Auto reveal on the use of AI here unless it is extremely obviously otherwise, I would just say on what cost, the uses of AI on this platform is and should be abolished.
What's the best thing to do to stop the use of AI from going on in this Forum?

I don't think they would stop using AI or you can stop them but you can report them immediately to forum mods if you think the post is AI-generated.

So if they can't be stopped which is true then was the drastic decision those at the head of the table would take that would serve as a lesson to the other ones who are involved in it? Too much of talking without action won't move them to stop or even take a break with it.

If you are looking for a way how to identify and report them we have a thread here on "How To Identify AI and Report Posts".

I'll look into it, and thanks for the link...
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Amid of these causes, many accounts are just fake accounts of one or more members. They gain merits to get accepted into the signature campaigns, and then to manage time and make good posts many uses AI and a recent cases of copy writing was caught in which the users were just changing some grammatical terms or i would say they were just rewriting other member's posts and posting them. Which was done by some software of course just to save some time. So that in less time they could make more post which is equal to more money.
we can only report them, i think on weekly basis many cases are being reported or i should increase the time period to Month. Because this month and last month and the month before that. Many members were caught using AI and got banned. So, i think we should not worry about this issue let the moderators and police of BTT should take care of this matter. But Many respected members of this platform has already taken steps to capture those using AI.

I also made a post on it but that's in my local board (in local language) so i will not share it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
What's the best thing to do to stop the use of AI from going on in this Forum?

I don't think they would stop using AI or you can stop them but you can report them immediately to forum mods if you think the post is AI-generated.

copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
I can't tell why they do it
To farm accounts and earn from signature paying campaigns without effort.

When you see someone using AI to make posts or spam, make a report in the relevant thread and other members will look into it. Some people even get banned if the spamming is too much.
The use of AI to make a quality post is a big offense in this Forum

I don't think their is still any rules under the official & unofficial BTT rules that state the use of AI probability, but it's total discourage by members here as, it's being misused in areas which it was not supposed to be used.

I can't tell why they do it
Because they are too lazy to allow their brain to do some work. Some of the points that are being made by AI as an answer to a question being asked always seem obvious; it's typical of an AI response since they are not humans. The human way of responding and that of AI are not the same.

Lolz, they're not human? I get that question do pop up when you want to login.... but the thing there is that, yes it makes them lazy because they just want to meet up and get those shiny remark but is this the only way to gain merit or what ever they're chasing at? Something needs to be done.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
From their post you could tell such person is AI or copy and paste, like if their post are too generic and clear from error maybe when you see someone who writes fluently without having to do mistake in terms of commas and punctuation marks simply shows that the content is AI. Although there are some people who are good with these I mentioned but certainly you must know either from spacing, as human written words are often victim of spacing most at times I does it as well. I might not be the exceptional in punctuation mark, spacing and full stops and the rest but whenever you found all these correctly then you should know is an AI content or copy and paste.
Pages:
Jump to: