Pages:
Author

Topic: ... - page 9. (Read 214761 times)

Activity: 596
Merit: 251
August 21, 2015, 08:56:06 PM
Version 0.3.2 Beta Release has been released. Cool

https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/199/version-0-3-2-beta-release

Thank you for your support.
Activity: 69
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrencies since 2013 @cryptoPrecise
August 17, 2015, 10:48:30 AM
A major milestone in FinTech is now reached. Congratulations to Vanillacoin and all Vanillians.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 19, 2015, 06:57:09 PM
Hello,

I already downloaded the file from the Vanillacoin site, but i'm clueless on how to build (!?) sgminer.

Sorry, total Linux noob here. Help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
August 18, 2015, 05:48:11 PM
Hey, can you run the FPGA stuff on zTex x1.15?

Edit: Apparently you need a different bitstream.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
August 17, 2015, 10:16:01 AM
 Grin Grin Grin dat ver 0.3.2 gooooood. Thanks.  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2015, 07:09:30 PM
Will fpga be the final advancement in vanilla mining?

If it succeeds, ASIC is the end game.

ASICs are not planned though.  VNL marketcap would have to be in the hundreds of millions in less than 2 years for a third party to manufacture ASICs for VNL.

FPGAs are just working prototypes of future ASIC chip miners. Anything could happen and the marketcap won't dictate the development, adoption will.

No offense, but I don't believe that you know what you're talking about.  Producing many ASICs cheaply would require a very large investment.  Also, this coin isn't really secured by mining.  It's secured by POS.  Mining is for distribution.

Now, if we reached a $50 million market cap in 6 months and the price is stable with known names entering, that might be good enough.  The third party would probably need preorders though as most companies don't spend millions of dollars and hope they got it right when demand is unknown.

I did not know that. Could you point me where to find that info?

Basically, John says it has to do with the synchronization of the global transaction pool and no one mining pool being able to mine more than 33% of the blocks.  

Here's the post from John I'm summing up: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11580830

Remember, VNL is the only coin other than BTC that only requires 1 confirmation on Poloniex.  I posted the link where you can confirm this numerous times.  Eh... guess I'll do it again: Go here: https://poloniex.com/public?command=returnCurrencies -- Search for minConf":1," -- you get 2 results
Activity: 237
August 14, 2015, 06:41:11 PM

ASICs are not planned though.  VNL marketcap would have to be in the hundreds of millions in less than 2 years for a third party to manufacture ASICs for VNL.

FPGAs are just working prototypes of future ASIC chip miners. Anything could happen and the marketcap won't dictate the development, adoption will.

No offense, but I don't believe that you know what you're talking about.  Producing many ASICs cheaply would require a very large investment.  Also, this coin isn't really secured by mining.  It's secured by POS.  Mining is for distribution.

Now, if we reached a $50 million market cap in 6 months and the price is stable with known names entering, that might be good enough.  The third party would probably need preorders though as most companies don't spend millions of dollars and hope they got it right when demand is unknown.

I did not know that. Could you point me where to find that info?
legendary
August 14, 2015, 03:57:53 PM

ASICs are not planned though.  VNL marketcap would have to be in the hundreds of millions in less than 2 years for a third party to manufacture ASICs for VNL.

No offense, but I don't believe that you know what you're talking about.  Producing many ASICs cheaply would require a very large investment.  Also, this coin isn't really secured by mining.  It's secured by POS.  Mining is for distribution.

Now, if we reached a $50 million market cap in 6 months and the price is stable with known names entering, that might be good enough.  The third party would probably need preorders though as most companies don't spend millions of dollars and hope they got it right when demand is unknown.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
August 14, 2015, 01:23:13 PM

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
August 14, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

legendary
August 14, 2015, 02:50:28 PM

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2015, 12:35:15 PM
Activity: 210
August 11, 2015, 04:21:44 PM
Any update as to why trading on bittrex  is down?

Would have to ask Bittrex to be sure but i guess the wallet is disabled for maintenance as that happen sometimes.
legendary
August 11, 2015, 10:32:00 AM
Any update as to why trading on bittrex  is down?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
August 11, 2015, 09:16:02 AM
Well said jimlite, I have also been stung by this bull$h!t.

While I know it's not gonna get us our coins that should be paid to us it is also important that he doesn't get off scot free and that people are made aware before deciding to mine at idcray.

I do hope this matter can be resolved and miners that were unfairly treated recompensed, I spent good money mining at nicehash but I don't think saymissme will even try unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
August 11, 2015, 02:35:32 AM
idcray has been stealing 10% of miner shares for 4 months. They got busted by reputable people such as ocminer and are upset now.

When they got busted the 2nd time they moved to this hidden pool:

When they got busted the 3rd time the pool disappeared from the internet.

Undecided

Can you prove, that idcray was stealing me?

No, it can't be proven.  I could be wrong, but I believe saymissme when he says his pool was not stealing shares.  I think the problem was just miscommunication between ocminer and jimlite and then jimlite and john-connor.  Also, saymissme doesn't speak english extremely well, which was also part of the problem.

I think the jpeg he posted is probably accurate.

I just read this part of the thread and here is my honest thoughts on the matter:
I have no way of knowing whether shares were stolen by "Russian Hackers", saymissme, or by members of idcray pool, but someone
was exploiting idcray.  When I asked saymissme about this and where the 800GH went, he said "I banned those bitches,
they stole 10,000 coins" I asked if he was going to compensate the miners for their missing shares/coins. At first he said yes,
and then 2 minutes later he said, "No, get it from the scammers, F You." Now I don't think a lot was scammed, maybe 5 or 10%,
but over a few months that can add up. Then we found out he set up a second hidden vnl pool for about 7 of his big hashers. So either
he wanted to protect the big hashers from the "Russian hackers", or he knew about it or was in on it and made the 2nd pool for
his friends (who may or may not have been exploiting original pool). And if he said they stole 10,000 coins, it was probably more,
but regardless of what parts of the above went on, any ethical pool operator would have used their 1% fees to pay back as much
as they could in good faith. They also would NOT set up a second hidden VNL pool to protect only their friends regardless of if
these friends were innocent or the attackers.  Also in the very beginning John caught idcray getting around a submission rule that
he had to call them out on and demand they submit properly or he would ban the pool. So this is the second offense and while I
agree that the language barrier is a problem to knowing the full truth, there were shannanigans or something shady going on and
saymissme was getting caught in his own lies, being rude about it, and not wanting to help out all the normal miners other than
his few big farm friends. Hope that sums it up. I don't know enough about him, but I do know that I supported both pools from the
start and had one rig at each (I can't compare the hash or coins because I also rented) and I feel that what he said, what he did about the
situation, and what he failed to do about the situation all leaves me in doubt of his character and not wanting to mine there anymore.
Activity: 134
August 10, 2015, 03:46:20 PM
idcray has been stealing 10% of miner shares for 4 months. They got busted by reputable people such as ocminer and are upset now.

When they got busted the 2nd time they moved to this hidden pool:

When they got busted the 3rd time the pool disappeared from the internet.

Undecided

Can you prove, that idcray was stealing me?

Yes, it's simple. Just compare youraccount/earnings against statistics/blockfinder.
And if you found more than 2x vnl/blocks than your earnings are... You can be sure, you've been robbed!

I say 2x, only because I'm mining on suprnova and I've found 15 blocks - 1185 Vnl, but my earnings are only 723.12335223 Vnl since restart of pow.
This is because minimal diff is 1, so I didn't find any shares in fast blocks with my 350MHs/s. Or somebody is stealing hash on suprnova too!?
legendary
Activity: 1498
August 10, 2015, 03:40:55 PM
Please spread some hash on our pool, only 0.99% fee

you may want your pool posted in OP.
legendary
Activity: 1894
August 10, 2015, 03:39:20 PM
What is the best hardware to mine vnl?

the FPGA is still in  testing; GPUs can still produce a few ...
legendary
August 10, 2015, 02:50:20 PM
What is the best hardware to mine vnl?
Pages:
Jump to: