Author

Topic: ... - page 3. (Read 9162 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
March 11, 2013, 05:36:12 PM
but it does have 2GB

That is not even close to being enough  Sad  You need 4-6 GB to run Armory with the current blockchain, but a less RAM hungry version is reportedly in the works.

Yes, very much in the works.  This is one of my two major usability upgrades for Armory in the next month.
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
Decor in numeris
March 11, 2013, 03:27:57 PM
but it does have 2GB

That is not even close to being enough  Sad  You need 4-6 GB to run Armory with the current blockchain, but a less RAM hungry version is reportedly in the works.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
March 11, 2013, 11:53:48 AM
Same problem for me. I have just installed Armory for the first time and it has been scanning for over 1 hour now. Its not a very high spec laptop, but it does have 2GB ram so not sure what the problem is. I will update when it finishes.

This is a top priority problem I think etotheipi, many users will just close the program in frustration most likely. I will still use for long term cold storage as I don't need fast access.

Thanks for the great work on this though, absolute genius!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
March 10, 2013, 11:21:48 AM
It is strange that you didn't see the confirmations.  Do you use a non-standard Bitcoin-Qt installation?

Unfortunately, the scanning is part of the startup, which used to only take a couple minutes.  Armory will be switching over to a much quicker/better model, but it's no trivial amount of work.  But it's my top priority.  Maybe you will try it again after it's done and easier to use Undecided

Don't worry, not everyone can have a good experience with Armory.    Thanks for trying!  I'm glad you were able to get your coins out.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 10, 2013, 06:51:13 AM
Pages:
Jump to: