Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 4. (Read 2731 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
August 12, 2017, 07:41:04 PM
While you are right in a sense, you must admit buying now at $4,000 is quite a big risk...

yes. it's pretty dumb to go all in now, especially since the rise as laid out by the op has not exactly been a slow and steady one recently. the buyers of the 2013 peak had a three year and more wait to get in the black again. i don't see it happening that long again but people should maybe be pacing themselves.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
August 12, 2017, 07:32:24 PM
1. they feel this is worthless vapor, and it isn't worth real money so they only feel ok about it if they are aquiring it with trading moves.
or,
2. They lived through a crash from the peak down to a fraction of where they bought, and had to live with that for a year or more. They don't want that happening again.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
August 12, 2017, 07:08:52 PM
I asked my friend if he was going to buy bitcoin when it was 800.  He said it was too expensive and he would wait for a dip.

at $1200 he said the same thing.
at $2400 he said the same thing.
at $3400 he said the same thing.

Now its about to break 4,000.   I asked him if he was going to buy some bitcoin today.  Guess what he said? 

Your friend understands how trading works Smiley dont be mad at him.

Never buy into a peak unless you have insider knowledge, or have absolute certainty. Remember the GOX. Bitcoin surged and climbed, it started to make the news, and all types of new guys came to the board, enthusiastic about getting in before it went "moon".

Oh boy did it not moon.

SO the rest of the story is that most of the new guys that came here got salty, and left. Id be pretty pissed myself to watch my 1000 dollar investment slide down to 300, but meh. I say all that to say this; markets expand and contract. if it goes up, eventually it will go down, maybe not full correction, but it always dips.  this bubble we are in is a risky thing. sure the price may go to 4k, but what if it doesnt?  the risk of loss might outweigh the opportunity costs of not buying and having it go up. FOMO is a powerful thing. but FOBB (fear of being broke) is even stronger. I'd rather not get something than possibly loss something.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
August 12, 2017, 07:04:01 PM
no need to wait for bitcoin crash to buy bitcoin in order to maximize profits because bitcoin prices will continue to rise. I would rather buy bitcoin using felling at any price or buy bitcoin now and hold.
Activity: 372
Merit: 100
The Organic Growth Token
August 12, 2017, 06:57:02 PM
I asked my friend if he was going to buy bitcoin when it was 800.  He said it was too expensive and he would wait for a dip.

Now its about to break 4,000.   I asked him if he was going to buy some bitcoin today.  Guess what he said? 
They are waiting for the dips because they want to buy Bitcoin , in a way that it won't be expensive, then they'l hold it for a period of time and will sell it if the price of Bitcoin is high. The only thing wrong with your friend's decision is that, he should've buy Bitcoin when the price is only 800$. Same as now. He may buy Bitcoin at this moment, because the pumps are continuous. Something big in return is also assured.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
August 12, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
While you are right in a sense, you must admit buying now at $4,000 is quite a big risk...
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
August 12, 2017, 06:13:05 PM
this forum is littered with people who declared a price and stuck to it. they're still so stuck in their little bubble that they can't see the bigger picture.

this ain't a normal market. it's a market still finding its feet and gaining new people every day. sure, it's gonna crash. timing it is stupid and impossible. better to buy in a little every week and not try to be an expert because there are none.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
August 12, 2017, 06:06:08 PM

Bitcoin crash is the common strategy and it really works man. Yet the problem right now that other bitcoin users can't see is that bitcoin massively growing so why use the same old method if you can see the potential of massive price growth unless you haven't see it then you will probably be going for the old strategy the crash and buy
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
August 12, 2017, 05:53:34 PM

The price continuing to go up does not mean that its value is correct.  Your friend should not buy after the price goes up extremely dramatically for a long time - that would be extremely stupid investment advice.

Waiting for a bear market is quite reasonable.  What your friend got wrong is thinking that it was overvalued when it was early enough in the bull market for it to be an OK buy.

This.  There will be a correction soon.  I'm not saying the price will be cut in half or anything, but in just the last month it's doubled in price from $2000 to nearly $4000, and half of that occurred in the last week.  That steep a climb will NOT last, and it's most likely because of the whole SegWit thing being successful.

I think the increase in price has started recently and it will continue and the correction will not occur for now. Maybe there will be a correction after 5000 dollar. The effect of Segwit in bitcoin price will be greater than this.
I also think so. Haven't you noticed some bitcoin miners are not cooperating in the case of bitcoin's development after a couple of week of the announcement? That it will fade out. But then came up the bcc issue. It seems that they're not trusting a lot. Maybe this has something to do with the overpricing and some investors are trying to take a rebound so that they could get more profit.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
August 12, 2017, 05:39:37 PM

The price continuing to go up does not mean that its value is correct.  Your friend should not buy after the price goes up extremely dramatically for a long time - that would be extremely stupid investment advice.

Waiting for a bear market is quite reasonable.  What your friend got wrong is thinking that it was overvalued when it was early enough in the bull market for it to be an OK buy.

This.  There will be a correction soon.  I'm not saying the price will be cut in half or anything, but in just the last month it's doubled in price from $2000 to nearly $4000, and half of that occurred in the last week.  That steep a climb will NOT last, and it's most likely because of the whole SegWit thing being successful.

I think the increase in price has started recently and it will continue and the correction will not occur for now. Maybe there will be a correction after 5000 dollar. The effect of Segwit in bitcoin price will be greater than this.
Activity: 266
Merit: 256
August 12, 2017, 05:17:10 PM

Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
August 12, 2017, 04:52:05 PM
At $800 he was incorrect.
At $1200 he was incorrect.
At $2400 he was correct.
At $3800 he is correct.

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
August 12, 2017, 04:51:23 PM
There is no going back now,the price is crazy high and it is pushing higher than ever and closing on to $4000,if you were able to grab it when you had the opportunity then it is well and good,i am glad i got hold of some coins before forking so that i could have some BCH in the mean time and it was a good pick for me ,if there is a good correction which is highly unlikely i would like to pick up some.
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 04:40:15 PM
if he waits a day btc will cheap back I think maybe he will take all his life to wait for things to happen. As we see, after the change on last Agust 1st, btc is gradually perfect themselves and become more powerful. The price has gone up a lot, once it reaches $ 4,000 I think he can not say anymore. It would be better for him to give up investing in btc because he basically does not want to invest money. And perhaps, the btc price reaches $ 4,000 which will be forthcoming.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
August 12, 2017, 03:12:42 PM
People that aren't totally into Bitcoin but see the price rising dramatically probably want some of the profit associated with it, but don't really understand the price increase or believe in it.  So they "wait" for it to drop, but when its dropping they lose confidence in it and have fear.
Activity: 670
Merit: 512
August 12, 2017, 02:33:47 PM
He is not a bitcoin holder/buyer.Bitcoin is best then Gold.He missed the chance and cant bid it again. But if he want earn good profit from crypto holding,then tell him about Ethereum. Its next Bitcoin i think.already the price pumping a lot.just hold as much as u can.It will change your life sooner. mark my wards and thanks me when it happened.
Activity: 854
August 12, 2017, 02:16:30 PM
Current bull run is quite big and correction should be near, so its better to wait for some dip right now but if you are willing to hold bitcoin for long term than any price is good buy point. Price might cross $4k really soon, might be today.  Grin
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
August 12, 2017, 02:13:35 PM

This guy just isn't committed to buying Bitcoin. He obviously doesn't see its future as we do and he's not willing to take the risk to get a piece of the possible upside.

You should rephrase the question. If the pric today is $3700, ask him if he would rather buy Butcoin at $4500 in the future or at $3700 today?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 02:06:46 PM
I dont know, I think it might correct a bit, granted I dont know how far. There definitely is a larger amount of institutional money coming into the space, but still many big holders who hold a large amount.
Activity: 588
August 12, 2017, 01:57:49 PM

I think now your friend regrets that he didnt buy osme coins when the price was 800$. Now if to compare wirh today's price 800$ do not look so much, right?
Who are those people who wish for bitcoin death? People who have no money to invest. Why do they wish it? To buy bitcoins cheap, but all of them wants to bitcoin raise back fast to it's previouse high price. But I doubt bitcoin will fall deeply too soon.
Pages:
Jump to: