Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 2. (Read 7048 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
July 22, 2013, 01:14:49 AM
I wonder what the price of LTC will be when it gets down to 12.xx coins per block Cheesy
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 22, 2013, 01:13:45 AM
XPM to LTC prices in ~3 weeks...

That's kind of an irrelevant comparison, let's say XPM gets to $3, or whatever LTC is at the moment, that doesn't "mean" anything, because the money supply is different for each crypto. For XPM to "get to the price of LTC", XPM would need to have a value of around $55/XPM.

Right. A more interesting measure is looking at the market capitalization. Primecoin managed to hold spot #5 for a while earlier today, replacing Novacoin. That's promising.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
July 21, 2013, 09:55:32 PM
Also on a side note you can check out this post in the off-topic section.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2776295

Nice Rick Roll. Not.
Really? Could have been at-least original. That post needs to be reported and removed.
@price it should rise, it's been more stable recently
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
July 21, 2013, 08:13:58 PM
XPM to LTC prices in ~3 weeks...

That's kind of an irrelevant comparison, let's say XPM gets to $3, or whatever LTC is at the moment, that doesn't "mean" anything, because the money supply is different for each crypto. For XPM to "get to the price of LTC", XPM would need to have a value of around $55/XPM.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
July 21, 2013, 07:34:40 PM
Also on a side note you can check out this post in the off-topic section.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2776295

Nice Rick Roll. Not.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 21, 2013, 07:07:36 PM
You didn't discuss any properties yet, you just attacked me because I asked about what primecoin improves about 51% attack, slow transaction and unfair market adoption and integration that BTC carries as its flaws. Your very powerful reasoning (hehe) for attacking my argument is that I miss-typed (or let say miss-informed, I don't mind) about actual current difficulty (that has nothing to do with my critique of the building structure, diffculty changes but building is permanent and determines the future of the coin and its difficulty as well)
Everyone can see how strong your causa prima is! 
Perhaps you can sell some of your primecoins and then we can discuss in a more reasonable manne, mr. PoolMiner!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 21, 2013, 06:20:42 PM
Whut
July 21, 2013, 06:12:39 PM
Okay mr. (forum typical trolling only for profit) dude: continue your shit, no reason to discuss with an average miner-speculator Wink
I am sure your argument will soon change direction when you have sold all your primecoins and got your shitty profit out of this one!
Anyway your username speak of who you are, what you do and what matters much for you  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
July 21, 2013, 05:55:46 PM
That was a miss type I meant =1  Smiley
Be careful, as I know much more than the forum average about prime numbers (have a graduate degree of math from Berkeley, with Number Theory specialization)
OK tell me which problems does it solve? (51% attack-faster transaction-fair distribution..) Just tell me and I ll accept.
Just that is new and uses a new encryption doesn't mean that would be effective. For example one can write a new coin wit the use of elliptic cryptography or perhaps the use of Diffle-Hellman and...wow, that is now.. attack my dear miners and speculators..push the pyramid.

Look this topic is discussing PRIMECOIN PRICE, so look into PRIMECOIN before you offer more of your obscure knowledge.
Enjoy your mining for pyramid game and don't troll your shitty piece of non-sense here.
All I say is related to the price, since the innovation is useless and won't result in any effectiveness, the high price won't last forever, that is what I am trying to say. We know you forum trolls (for personal benefits only) very well;)

The point I was making was simple. The difficulty of the coin in this thread started not at <1, as you stated so abruptly without actually reading about the coin. But the difficulty started at about 7. So if you want to actually read about a coin before you offer more conjecture on the subject that would be great!
Difficulty was about 4 yesterday as I looked into, and I've had a quick glance on the paper the first day it launched, initial difficulty was not mentioned there. one doesn't need the fuck to know about the initial mining difficulty to review and critique the building structure of a coin, captain (no) obvious!
But if you want to continue negate my opinion by repeating my miss-type there (<1), do carry on, you are typical!

More of your ignorance showing through......the difficulty has never been 4!!! One does need to know the FACTS before using such a sad argument of a coin that you know NOTHING about.
July 21, 2013, 05:36:22 PM
That was a miss type I meant =1  Smiley
Be careful, as I know much more than the forum average about prime numbers (have a graduate degree of math from Berkeley, with Number Theory specialization)
OK tell me which problems does it solve? (51% attack-faster transaction-fair distribution..) Just tell me and I ll accept.
Just that is new and uses a new encryption doesn't mean that would be effective. For example one can write a new coin wit the use of elliptic cryptography or perhaps the use of Diffle-Hellman and...wow, that is now.. attack my dear miners and speculators..push the pyramid.

Look this topic is discussing PRIMECOIN PRICE, so look into PRIMECOIN before you offer more of your obscure knowledge.
Enjoy your mining for pyramid game and don't troll your shitty piece of non-sense here.
All I say is related to the price, since the innovation is useless and won't result in any effectiveness, the high price won't last forever, that is what I am trying to say. We know you forum trolls (for personal benefits only) very well;)

The point I was making was simple. The difficulty of the coin in this thread started not at <1, as you stated so abruptly without actually reading about the coin. But the difficulty started at about 7. So if you want to actually read about a coin before you offer more conjecture on the subject that would be great!
Difficulty was about 4 yesterday as I looked into, and I've had a quick glance on the paper the first day it launched, initial difficulty was not mentioned there. one doesn't need the fuck to know about the initial mining difficulty to review and critique the building structure of a coin, captain (no) obvious!
But if you want to continue negate my opinion by repeating my miss-type there (<1), do carry on, you are typical!

legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
July 21, 2013, 05:15:31 PM
That was a miss type I meant =1  Smiley

legendary
Terminated.
July 21, 2013, 11:52:54 AM
people are buying again.
of course i sold lol.
If you sold at 0.015 then that would have been good, otherwise no.
I think it should rise much higher, who knows  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
July 21, 2013, 07:36:26 AM
And slowly it goes up!
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
July 21, 2013, 06:44:28 AM
people are buying again.
of course i sold lol.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
July 20, 2013, 02:50:22 PM
Volume's been low today. Considering the historical trends (1 week  Grin) i expect a big jump or a slump in high volumes. Place your bets.
July 20, 2013, 02:33:11 PM
Despite all the critics and questioning I made in this thread, I also guess primecoin will reach 0.04 or even 0.05 here or there soon, perhas in a month.
(Since mass psychology is not driven by logic)  Wink
July 20, 2013, 02:29:03 PM
RandyBalls: good post, the whitepaper was not enough explicit in addressing the protocol and the nature of the blockcahins produced with.
And yes I know some math (actually I have a Ph.d with my dissertation being done in Number Theory). I am not trolling dude, just trying to make the picture clear here. Remember: primes could behave very irregular and wild, causing one to keep an open eye on their dependents  Wink
Magic8Ball: I am neither Bitcoin nor Litecoin supporter, each have their flaws, specially Bitcoin has the above mentioned one (51% attack, slow transaction, unfair distribution-adoption pattern). I am looking for a new coin to solve these problems. That's why I am asking and questioning the newcomers.. hope your Primecoins does these things well, time will show.

I suggest you have a look at Netcoin. If you're a math expert it's in the process of peer review so have a look https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mc2-a-cryptocurrency-based-on-a-hybrid-powpos-system-169204
I have been watching Netcoin (tacotime) and MiniBlockchain (bitfreak) for some 40 days already. Their progress have been a bit slow, but the scheme looks promising.. thank you for mentioning anyway. Smiley
legendary
Terminated.
July 20, 2013, 01:57:18 PM
It's dropped a bit  Angry

Calm down a bit. Be patient and remember there is always opportunities for traders, i.e buyers and sellers.
Yeah have some small holdings in case it goes up high  Cool
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
July 20, 2013, 01:21:04 PM
It's dropped a bit  Angry

Calm down a bit. Be patient and remember there is always opportunities for traders, i.e buyers and sellers.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 20, 2013, 12:06:03 PM
short term down to 0.003 and then rise to 0.015 in 3 weeks maybe

Depends on how GPU miners turn out, this seems pretty accurate.
Pages:
Jump to: