Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 3. (Read 7048 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
July 20, 2013, 12:03:06 PM
short term down to 0.003 and then rise to 0.015 in 3 weeks maybe

Please let it be true. Sold mine at 0.0029 - a chance to undo my mistake.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
July 20, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
short term down to 0.003 and then rise to 0.015 in 3 weeks maybe
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
July 20, 2013, 11:53:08 AM
Short term 0.02, long term who knows...  Grin
legendary
July 20, 2013, 11:28:58 AM
Magic8Ball: I am neither Bitcoin nor Litecoin supporter, each have their flaws, specially Bitcoin has the above mentioned one (51% attack, slow transaction, unfair distribution-adoption pattern). I am looking for a new coin to solve these problems. That's why I am asking and questioning the newcomers.. hope your Primecoins does these things well, time will show.

My post was not directed against you. Just a general observation from several threads. Found it interesting, thats all.

'My Primecoins' - not so much. Mined 4 blocks, 2 of them on the fast day. Looking to buy a few if the price drops.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?
July 20, 2013, 11:28:29 AM
XPM to LTC prices in ~3 weeks...
legendary
July 20, 2013, 11:26:18 AM
Seems like the price is stabilising. So maybe can get a few now. I hate to do some trade and see the price fluctuate badly, usually opposite to the trade I have done.

I hope it drops. Too expensive to buy anything now. Maybe after the UNOCS announcement tomorrow I can sell a few of my coins and get some BTC.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 20, 2013, 09:39:41 AM
Quick, more FUD so we can buy more cheap!

-MarkM-

Primecoin turned me into a newt! (Am I doing it right?)
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
July 20, 2013, 08:29:02 AM
Quick, more FUD so we can buy more cheap!

-MarkM-
Activity: 363
July 20, 2013, 08:06:09 AM
GPU miners are coming!! The price will go down to 0.00001 LTC per XPM. Sell ASAP!!

It was panic sell. Someone said in chat that if gpu miners will come block reward will go down to 2 XPM that isnt true.
If GPU miners come up then we seems get difficulty around 10-11 (block reward 10 in case of diff = 10 and 8.25 in case of diff = 11), but diff = 11 means that primecoin net will get ~ 1000 more hash power then now (current diff ~ 9)
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
July 20, 2013, 08:00:04 AM
Thus the need for a lower price... why buy at higher prices if weak hands are weak enough to part with them at lower prices?

(Too hard to mine.... have to buy instead, ouch... Need to convince people to part with them cheap... plot plan FUD whatever...)

-MarkM-

GPU miners are coming!! The price will go down to 0.00001 LTC per XPM. Sell ASAP!!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
July 20, 2013, 07:40:16 AM
Thus the need for a lower price... why buy at higher prices if weak hands are weak enough to part with them at lower prices?

(Too hard to mine.... have to buy instead, ouch... Need to convince people to part with them cheap... plot plan FUD whatever...)

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1456
July 20, 2013, 07:34:22 AM
It's dropped a bit  Angry

Everybody panic!!

I'm surprised it's dropping so quick.  I know its taking me forever to mine any these days.
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
July 20, 2013, 07:08:01 AM

Everybody panic!!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
July 20, 2013, 06:54:29 AM

Still seriously overpriced.
BTC is overpriced, XPM is underpriced*
I'll just fix that for you.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
July 20, 2013, 05:31:50 AM
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
July 20, 2013, 05:08:47 AM
RandyBalls: good post, the whitepaper was not enough explicit in addressing the protocol and the nature of the blockcahins produced with.
And yes I know some math (actually I have a Ph.d with my dissertation being done in Number Theory). I am not trolling dude, just trying to make the picture clear here. Remember: primes could behave very irregular and wild, causing one to keep an open eye on their dependents  Wink
Magic8Ball: I am neither Bitcoin nor Litecoin supporter, each have their flaws, specially Bitcoin has the above mentioned one (51% attack, slow transaction, unfair distribution-adoption pattern). I am looking for a new coin to solve these problems. That's why I am asking and questioning the newcomers.. hope your Primecoins does these things well, time will show.

I suggest you have a look at Netcoin. If you're a math expert it's in the process of peer review so have a look https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mc2-a-cryptocurrency-based-on-a-hybrid-powpos-system-169204
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 20, 2013, 04:35:04 AM
RandyBalls: good post, the whitepaper was not enough explicit in addressing the protocol and the nature of the blockcahins produced with.
And yes I know some math (actually I have a Ph.d with my dissertation being done in Number Theory). I am not trolling dude, just trying to make the picture clear here. Remember: primes could behave very irregular and wild, causing one to keep an open eye on their dependents  Wink
legendary
July 20, 2013, 04:01:54 AM
When FTC first took off, it came under attack from both BTC and LTC holders (for obvious reasons). In the case of XPMs, it seems only BTC supporters are bashing it; while the LTC guys are quiet.

The Primecoin success has been very interesting and welcome. Lets see in future if it is possible to use PoW hashing to do folding and those types of research; or if even it will be possible to change the problem at intervals.

EDIT: I don't mean all holders, of course. Only a few, maybe a small minority.
Activity: 448
July 20, 2013, 03:43:52 AM
What was the magnitude and range of the primes being enlisted? (not the chain but the consecutive primes)
The primes should have been too big, because Dirichlet theorem estimates a much bigger number than 11...
And I suspect that the primes being found for the coin shouldn't be too big or too small for the blockchain efficiency sake, am I correct? (and if so, how it will help prime studies in continuation?!)
And if it won't stop finding primes and will continue forever, applying Moore's law, finding new blocks and coins, to compensate mining expenses, minimize transaction fees and inflation, then tell me, who is ready enough to invest on some stock with infinite shares?!  Huh

The algorithm doesn't search for new primes, it is finding prime chains. Numbers are in the order of ~200-300 digits currently, if my understanding is correct. They've already discovered quite a few new records for both chain length and integer length. There is a dynamic block reward that corresponds to difficulty, so the notion is that it will reach a balance between inflation and network strength without blowing out the stability. Whether that actually works remains to be seen. Either way, I think it is a novel take on cryptocurrency and I am willing to keep an eye on it. These blocks I stacked don't hurt my interest levels, either.

Read the whitepaper, since you seem like you understand some math. It might help your B-list trolling.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 20, 2013, 12:10:21 AM
What was the magnitude and range of the primes being enlisted? (not the chain but the consecutive primes)
The primes should have been too big, because Dirichlet theorem estimates a much bigger number than 11...
And I suspect that the primes being found for the coin shouldn't be too big or too small for the blockchain efficiency sake, am I correct? (and if so, how it will help prime studies in continuation?!)
And if it won't stop finding primes and will continue forever, applying Moore's law, finding new blocks and coins, to compensate mining expenses, minimize transaction fees and inflation, then tell me, who is ready enough to invest on some stock with infinite shares?!  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: