Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 37. (Read 83384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 04, 2014, 01:49:27 PM
So won't this almost certainly get slapped with  lawsuit if it gains any traction?

( again sorry for my bad English )* i will not be the person that will contact him *

I have no issues with Nyan Cat being enjoyed by millions of fans as a meme < its a meme coin
We release it out to every one for free !
We don't sell it to any one
And u also don't sell it ( u trade it for other coins ) if it ever hits an exchange !

we will contact him after the coin is released and every thing is running stable ( 1-2 day,s after release )
This way we can show him everything ( and all the support it has )
And everything we want to do whit it
Depending on what he decide,s then we will adjust to it )

Things that could happen

1 he hate,s us
we remove the nyancat picture from the wallet and coin ( thus not braking the trademarked )
we have NYANCOIN not NYANCATCOIN
every one will still see it as the nyancoin anw will still create meme,s for it > ( I have no issues with Nyan Cat being enjoyed by millions of fans as a meme ) < see Smiley

2 he love,s it and supports it but wants the compensation
In that case he will get the 7 million nyan ( slowly ) or we slowly sell the 7 million to fans to pay him ( we will be 100% transparent about this part ( we wont dump it on an exchange ! ) and offer it up for bids on the peeps that follow us ( slowly so that it douse not disturb the market ! )

3 he love,s it and wants the coins ( we send him the coins over time )

sins we don't make profit from this project ( as we don't sell anything ) i dont see a problem
quoiting his own post witch u can read above !

4 he like,s it but douse not want compensations ( we use the 7 million coins for the competitions ) Smiley
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
January 04, 2014, 01:41:11 PM
So won't this almost certainly get slapped with  lawsuit if it gains any traction?
January 04, 2014, 01:32:59 PM
Aren't you guys concerned about the fact this breaches copyright?
Torres then issued the following statement:

We reached out to the companies in hopes of working out an amicable resolution of the issue, yet were disrespected and snubbed each time as nothing more than nuisances for asking for fair compensation for our intellectual property. That's not right. I have no issues with Nyan Cat being enjoyed by millions of fans as a meme , and I have never tried to prevent people from making creative uses of it that contribute artistically and are not for profit. But this is a commercial use, and these companies themselves are protectors of their own intellectual property. Many other companies have licensed Nyan Cat properly to use commercially. In Scribblenauts Unlimited, you have to actually type out the words "Nyan Cat" and "Keyboard Cat" to get our characters to appear in the game. In fact, the game forbids you from making any copyright references in their games with a pop-up error. Meanwhile, 5th Cell recently negotiated proper rights for several Nintendo characters for their games. Just because popularity with millions of fans has caused Nyan Cat and Keyboard Cat to become famous by virtue of their viral or meme nature, doesn't give these companies a right to take our work for free in order to make profits for themselves, especially considering too that they would be the first to file lawsuits against people who misappropriate their copyrights and trademarks. It just isnt fair. I've been working alongside with the creator of the music and the lady who uploaded it to YouTube since the start. There are many reputable companies that have respected our rights and negotiated fees to use our characters commercially. Warner Bros. and 5th Cell should have done the same.

Since Warner Bros. and 5th Cell chose to act as if we had no rights in characters we created, filing a lawsuit was the only way we had to protect our intellectual property rights from being used for others' commercial profit without our consent. Too often normal artists like us don't have the means and resources to protect our rights against big media corporations who use our work for their own profit without permission. We are looking here just to be treated fairly and to be fairly compensated for our creative work.
Activity: 101
January 04, 2014, 01:17:38 PM
Aren't you guys concerned about the fact this breaches copyright?
Activity: 322
Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin
January 04, 2014, 01:13:44 PM
are we NYAN YET!!!!?
Activity: 238
January 04, 2014, 01:13:34 PM
1st 100 people get free fees, i will match the offer given by another pool http://nyan.awesomemining.co.uk/index.php it may not be as pritty as said pool but its the official one

ID 49
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
January 04, 2014, 01:00:57 PM
NYAN!
Activity: 111
January 04, 2014, 12:58:36 PM
http://nyan.bitember.com/ is now open for public for pre-registration.

First 100 to register will get 0% fees.  Smiley

Just post your usernames below, thanks
version057
thanks
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 04, 2014, 12:56:43 PM
http://nyan.bitember.com/ is now open for public for pre-registration.

First 100 to register will get 0% fees.  Smiley

Just post your usernames below, thanks

MUBBLE86   thx
January 04, 2014, 12:50:21 PM

linux wallet * this is the v.1 wallet ( after release we start working on a nicer looking wallet )

( this is not the final wallet yet ) it might change before release Wink
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
January 04, 2014, 12:34:55 PM
1st 100 people get free fees, i will match the offer given by another pool http://nyan.awesomemining.co.uk/index.php it may not be as pritty as said pool but its the official one

user: phobien, id 41

Thanks Cheesy
Activity: 84
January 04, 2014, 12:33:09 PM
More info about the launch of this great coin?

Last info was posted around 4 hours ago, saying they'd need 16 hours to verify everything but would still give a heads up.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
January 04, 2014, 12:27:47 PM
id 39
Activity: 112
January 04, 2014, 12:20:29 PM
More info about the launch of this great coin?
Activity: 273
January 04, 2014, 11:54:06 AM

I'm in:  userid 35
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 04, 2014, 11:48:37 AM
Activity: 17
January 04, 2014, 11:47:10 AM

USER ID : 32  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 448
January 04, 2014, 11:30:59 AM
which will be the CPU frendly pool HuhRoll Eyes
+1
Activity: 17
January 04, 2014, 11:09:51 AM
which will be the CPU frendly pool HuhRoll Eyes