December 06, 2018, 11:02:21 PM
Soon block reward will be decrease from 1000 to 10,
Moonshoot?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
November 22, 2018, 10:55:49 AM
Michael Osullivan of Altilly has made a Telegram tipping bot. Anyone interested in getting this setup for Gamecoin?

https://github.com/mrmikeo/telegramTipBot

The Proof of Participation (PoP) white paper is well under way. GameCoin is going to be the game changer. The ability to mine will once again be back in the hands of the individual. An asic rig and a CPU will have an equal opportunity to win the block in the “raffle”. The mining process, in effect, becomes a game in itself. How appropriate. “Think gaming... Then think EVERYTHING else”

Very exciting times indeed!
Activity: 9
Merit: 17
November 22, 2018, 10:41:47 AM
The Proof of Participation (PoP) white paper is well under way. GameCoin is going to be the game changer. The ability to mine will once again be back in the hands of the individual. An asic rig and a CPU will have an equal opportunity to win the block in the “raffle”. The mining process, in effect, becomes a game in itself. How appropriate. “Think gaming... Then think EVERYTHING else”
November 19, 2018, 07:32:28 PM

Great, concise explanation of KGW.  I will definitely run this by the community, if they haven't already seen it.  Thanks again.

After doing some further reading, KGW has been exploited in the past. DGW apparently uses similar structure but a better algorithm.

https://gist.github.com/GeertJohan/b28da8105babf0553f21

Thank you again.  I'll read that now.
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
November 19, 2018, 07:26:37 PM

Great, concise explanation of KGW.  I will definitely run this by the community, if they haven't already seen it.  Thanks again.

After doing some further reading, KGW has been exploited in the past. DGW apparently uses similar structure but a better algorithm.

https://gist.github.com/GeertJohan/b28da8105babf0553f21
November 19, 2018, 07:21:53 PM
Block 343,400 has just been found.  That means there are 26,600 blocks to go before the rules change and the reward drops from 1,000 to 10. That is a good thing if you are holding GME.  But don't let that distract you.  The GameCoin vision with Proof of Participation is going to make this coin a world-wide leader.  "Think gaming... Then think EVERYTHING else"
November 19, 2018, 05:53:58 PM
A good and positive concept need some good and strong marketing because right now gaming industry is doing very good so devs can bring this more popular if they started with some social media help good luck to all because I just bought few on Altilly and going to keep for some time.  Cheesy

Welcome to GameCoin.  Wise decision to buy GME off the Altilly exchange.  Holding is definitely in your best interest!
November 19, 2018, 05:42:50 PM
We mentioned last week that GameCoin was going to change the world once again...

Proof of Participation (PoP) will bring that about.

PoW rewards those with the greatest hash power.
PoS rewards those with the largest wallets.

PoP will reward anyone running a client.

The PoW scheme is not sustainable as the amount of hash power required to find a block goes up daily.  How many times have you heard that crypto mining is using more electricity than what's required to light a city?  It's the dirty little secret about crypt.

As Apple did with the iPod; They weren't the first, but they had a vision and took the status quo and made it better.  They innovated.

Welcome to the innovation of crypto!

GameCoin

"Think Gaming... Then think EVERYTHING else"

Is there a reason that the difficulty adjusts after 12 blocks and not every block, why not implement KGW?

I just read up a bit on KGW.  Interesting algo.  This client was rebased from 0.8.2 to 0.13.  In that process, Advanced Checkpointing was added to protect against a low hash.  With block times of 2.5 min, it's only about 30 min before a adjustment would occur.  Could be something to look into in the future.  Thanks for that comment.

Yes, 30 minutes, except for when the difficulty rises well above the hashrate. This time is only present when the hash rate is equal to the difficulty. Yesterday it took nearly 3 hours to solve the 12 blocks.

Advanced checkpointing protects against 51% attacks not so much low hash rate. KGW implements a design against miners that only mine when profitable and then move on to another more profitable currency, when they do this the coin left behind has an insurmountable difficulty.

Though I have not found the exact block time frame for my initial statement, here is an example of too long between difficulty adjustments.

342540   1789.9645   844   1.71   1b249cca   1412901572   17th Nov 2018 08:58:23
342551   1789.9645   833   0.50   1b249cca   1525128595   17th Nov 2018 10:55:29

legendary
November 19, 2018, 04:47:16 PM
We mentioned last week that GameCoin was going to change the world once again...

The PoW scheme is not sustainable as the amount of hash power required to find a block goes up daily.  How many times have you heard that crypto mining is using more electricity than what's required to light a city?  It's the dirty little secret about crypt.

As Apple did with the iPod; They weren't the first, but they had a vision and took the status quo and made it better.  They innovated.

GameCoin

Is there a reason that the difficulty adjusts after 12 blocks and not every block, why not implement KGW?

I just read up a bit on KGW.  Interesting algo.  This client was rebased from 0.8.2 to 0.13.  In that process, Advanced Checkpointing was added to protect against a low hash.  With block times of 2.5 min, it's only about 30 min before a adjustment would occur.  Could be something to look into in the future.  Thanks for that comment.

Yes, 30 minutes, except for when the difficulty rises well above the hashrate. This time is only present when the hash rate is equal to the difficulty. Yesterday it took nearly 3 hours to solve the 12 blocks.

Advanced checkpointing protects against 51% attacks not so much low hash rate. KGW implements a design against miners that only mine when profitable and then move on to another more profitable currency, when they do this the coin left behind has an insurmountable difficulty.

Though I have not found the exact block time frame for my initial statement, here is an example of too long between difficulty adjustments.

342540   1789.9645   844   1.71   1b249cca   1412901572   17th Nov 2018 08:58:23
342551   1789.9645   833   0.50   1b249cca   1525128595   17th Nov 2018 10:55:29
November 19, 2018, 03:52:43 PM

The PoW scheme is not sustainable as the amount of hash power required to find a block goes up daily.  How many times have you heard that crypto mining is using more electricity than what's required to light a city?  It's the dirty little secret about crypt.

As Apple did with the iPod; They weren't the first, but they had a vision and took the status quo and made it better.  They innovated.

GameCoin

I just read up a bit on KGW.  Interesting algo.  This client was rebased from 0.8.2 to 0.13.  In that process, Advanced Checkpointing was added to protect against a low hash.  With block times of 2.5 min, it's only about 30 min before a adjustment would occur.  Could be something to look into in the future.  Thanks for that comment.
Activity: 896
Merit: 236
November 19, 2018, 03:47:52 PM
A good and positive concept need some good and strong marketing because right now gaming industry is doing very good so devs can bring this more popular if they started with some social media help good luck to all because I just bought few on Altilly and going to keep for some time.  Cheesy
legendary
November 19, 2018, 03:39:43 PM

The PoW scheme is not sustainable as the amount of hash power required to find a block goes up daily.  How many times have you heard that crypto mining is using more electricity than what's required to light a city?  It's the dirty little secret about crypt.

As Apple did with the iPod; They weren't the first, but they had a vision and took the status quo and made it better.  They innovated.

GameCoin

November 19, 2018, 10:08:45 AM

GameCoin

legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
November 18, 2018, 09:07:40 PM
I agree. Altilly has tremendous potential for success!

I'm looking forward to growing together with them for many years to come.
November 18, 2018, 09:43:20 AM
Big thank you to the creator of the Altilly exchange!  As every project, it needs to evolve and incorporate feedback from the users.  I made a suggestion and within minutes, BAM, there it was.  Thanks Mike.  www.altilly.com
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
November 18, 2018, 12:04:02 AM
Lots of cryptocurrency coins in this world that have been made.
Then ICO is now also strong in selling tokens like Yamzu, because Yamzu has the support of DOTA, GO Counter Strike and Battle Field.

Is GameCoin able to compete with all of them?
November 17, 2018, 11:15:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words, @microguy. It just came naturally based on the global impact this will have. So yep, the cats out of the bag. The talent behind GameCoin is going to turn the crypto world upside down, and I mean that in a good way. That’s the vision and it’s time to execute. Are you a coder?  Want to change the world? Then join the GameCoin community and make your mark. “Think gaming...then think EVERYTHING else”
legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
November 16, 2018, 05:08:38 PM
Bill has been working on the graphic for Proof of Participation (PoP). Excellent work!

legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
November 17, 2018, 10:15:02 PM
This new consensus mechanism is why I came to Gamecoin. We should have the whitepaper v1.0 ready in 1 week.

There's also a hard fork coming up around the first of the year where the block reward drops from 1000 to 10. Rest assured, the fork after that will not contain the antiquated system known as Proof of Work.

PoW is not sustainable and must be replaced!

The work continues.  It will take baby steps to bring GameCoin to its fullest potential.  After all, it's been dormant for years.  Lots to do and the project could always you support.  

Let's do what wasn't done the first time. Let's make this project successful!
November 16, 2018, 03:25:29 PM
The GameCoin block explorer is up and running... Thanks @demeter!

http://explorer.gamecoinproject.org
Pages:
Jump to: