Author

Topic: . - page 126. (Read 491737 times)

legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2015, 11:21:30 AM
Forum is back online.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
February 03, 2015, 10:07:59 AM
the client update to 3.8 is now LIVE.

How to fix the problem with fonts in the new version hz wallet?

Local client does not look good....

Activity: 528
Merit: 500
We are the ones we've been waiting for
February 03, 2015, 09:43:52 AM
The long awaited update is finally live!!!
legendary
February 03, 2015, 08:08:33 AM
Is 3.8 version required to update from 3.2.2-fix?

Yes.
legendary
February 03, 2015, 08:08:20 AM
We are pleased to announce that after extensive work, bug fixes, and testing, the client update to 3.8 is now LIVE.
All wallets on the website have been updated and are running smoothly (https://horizonplatform.io/wallets/). There will be a hardfork at block # 275000 which will enable the new form of transactions, and all users will need to be updated to V3.8 before that takes place. You will also need to update your nodes before block # 275000 or you will stop receiving your bounty reward from that.

We have also wrapped the wallet into a windows .exe installer / launcher for your convenience. This is a preliminary version, and an updated version will be released shortly. I have provided a video explanation below on how to use this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhGtNsJ-LR4&feature=youtu.be

Installer download link: http://www.atcsecure.com/horizon/Horizon_3.8d.exe

We have already had contact with the other exchanges and they have reviewed our code, and after our hard fork at block # 275000, Horizon will be added to Bittrex and the other alt exchanges. This hardfork will take place in approximately 4 - 5 days, depending on the blockchain speed average.

After the hard fork, we will also be releasing an updated version of the explorer, with a completely redone back end, and an updated node reward script to match. Development on our first smart assets are nearing completion, and we hope to provide more information and a preview soon. With this wallet being completed, the forums will receive their long over-due facelift to match the website, as well you can look forward to another giveaway in the coming weeks on social media VIA Twitter @Horizon_HZ.

Recently, we had a community discussion about providing more transparency into the development funding for Horizon, and in the next 48 hours, we will be publishing a brief outline of how funds are being spent on a monthly basis, and a final round table community discussion on the proposed 'Horizon lottery' will be initiated to come to a consensus and iron out the details, and pending approval from the blocknet board, an update on the status of Blocknet.

We look forward to move Horizon forward and grow our community as we roll out new tech and partnerships. Thank you for your continued support, and here's to a great 2015 for the entire Horizon community!

- The Horizon team

Activity: 355
Merit: 250
February 03, 2015, 04:55:26 AM
Is 3.8 version required to update from 3.2.2-fix?
Activity: 585
February 02, 2015, 06:04:50 AM
Question about distribution. All i have to do is to open my wallet here for at  least 24hrs?  https://account.horizonplatform.io/    

You need a hallmarked node to receive the node bounty. Stake bounty kicks in at around 3-4k HZ if I recall correctly.

Here is the tutorial for creating a hallmark node that I used:
http://files.nhzcrypto.org/docs/hallmark.pdf

You need a fixed IP to run a hallmarked node.

What's the exact link to download the updated clinet to my server please (to run a node on linux)? Thanks

edit: I downloaded v3.8 from https://bitbucket.org/MattWo/nhz-source/downloads/NHZ-v3.8.zip but could not run from run.sh as instructed. This system has changes since I last updated from http://files.nhzcrypto.org/NHZ_v3.2

Any help is appreciated thanks
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
January 31, 2015, 04:22:37 PM
" I have an idea for Horizon HZ that I think is interesting, this is not approved or official, and maybe everyone will love it or hate it, this is just an idea I want to bring to everyone to see what they think of it. The idea is a weekly 1 million Horizon Distribution, or "Lottery," based on the Rich List, or the top 100 holders. (Excluding Blocknet obviously or any Bounty distribution account - just individuals that hold Horizon in the top 100)
Each week there would be some provably fair drawing for 1 million Horizon, there might not be the means to fund it, but I think a live video of real lottery balls being mixed up and drawn out would be the most fun. (Harder to prove fair, or would that be easier?) Short of that, some cryptographic provably fair method that is 100% trusted. Ideally with at least some sort of fun visuals that people could tune in and watch.
In my opinion this would give incentive for people to want to be in the top 100 holders, part of the top 100 rich list. As we are a small community and low priced coin/platform, this is pretty easy to do at this point. Technically this should be very easy to be certain of the top 100 people. Maybe this would incentivize people to buy more to stay in the top 100, get in the top 100, especially on the lower end to get into the top 100. (More demand, and more fun?!)
Four winners a month is a lot, and those people would likely be very loyal to Horizon once they had a big giveaway like that. Word of mouth could get around. My idea was that this is taken out of the monthly bounties. I have not asked Nick Cote or anyone on the team about it, but I am sure sending it to four addresses a month would not be a difficult task. Now, if previous winners should be excluded or not, I am not sure, or if team members should not be included, not sure, but perhaps everyone should be incentivized to want to stay or get in the top 100? What does everything think, great idea, terrible? Thoughts? "

BTW, very good idea. I like it!
legendary
January 30, 2015, 11:07:20 PM
What can you do to help with Horizon? You can re-tweet this!
https://twitter.com/mBTCPizpie/status/561359480500125698

I'm already in talks with BTER and Cryptsy, so all your support and social media is appreciated.

Thanks!
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
January 30, 2015, 05:54:34 PM
price going up  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
January 30, 2015, 08:13:18 AM
Hi guys. I'm assisting on Twitter to promote Horizon on both @Horizon_HZ and @CryptoTraders. Please include $HZ as hashtag then I can find your tweets easier to RT. If you got a listed asset then we can help to promote eachother. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
January 29, 2015, 12:10:19 PM
" I have an idea for Horizon HZ that I think is interesting, this is not approved or official, and maybe everyone will love it or hate it, this is just an idea I want to bring to everyone to see what they think of it. The idea is a weekly 1 million Horizon Distribution, or "Lottery," based on the Rich List, or the top 100 holders. (Excluding Blocknet obviously or any Bounty distribution account - just individuals that hold Horizon in the top 100)
Each week there would be some provably fair drawing for 1 million Horizon, there might not be the means to fund it, but I think a live video of real lottery balls being mixed up and drawn out would be the most fun. (Harder to prove fair, or would that be easier?) Short of that, some cryptographic provably fair method that is 100% trusted. Ideally with at least some sort of fun visuals that people could tune in and watch.
In my opinion this would give incentive for people to want to be in the top 100 holders, part of the top 100 rich list. As we are a small community and low priced coin/platform, this is pretty easy to do at this point. Technically this should be very easy to be certain of the top 100 people. Maybe this would incentivize people to buy more to stay in the top 100, get in the top 100, especially on the lower end to get into the top 100. (More demand, and more fun?!)
Four winners a month is a lot, and those people would likely be very loyal to Horizon once they had a big giveaway like that. Word of mouth could get around. My idea was that this is taken out of the monthly bounties. I have not asked Nick Cote or anyone on the team about it, but I am sure sending it to four addresses a month would not be a difficult task. Now, if previous winners should be excluded or not, I am not sure, or if team members should not be included, not sure, but perhaps everyone should be incentivized to want to stay or get in the top 100? What does everything think, great idea, terrible? Thoughts? "

This is an interesting idea although I feel it'd be much fairer if the top two-hundred users were entered into the lottery.  Then as the community and market capitalisation grows to increase the numbers entered into the lottery.  Also with entry into the draw being triggered by a social media public post.  Like say a tweet or public Facebook or public Google+ post.  It may be worth taking into account newer and smaller niche social networks like Diaspora*.  As it may help NHZ to gain a cult following on one of these smaller social networks.
legendary
January 28, 2015, 04:10:14 PM
Web wallet has been fixed and updated.
legendary
January 26, 2015, 11:47:48 PM
When is Horizon going to implement monetary system of NXT?

Already working on it Smiley
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
January 26, 2015, 01:27:32 PM
When is Horizon going to implement monetary system of NXT?
legendary
January 26, 2015, 07:21:43 AM
There was a bug found (and fixed) in the NXT code base that allowed for a possible malicious attack on the network, that would essentially render is dead. NXT fixed this bug in their latest update, and we have done the same and are putting it into the soon to be released client update.
You can view the fix here:
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/da7649170ee3c225bceb9b75c2d81a60b425788d?at=master
legendary
January 25, 2015, 07:22:12 PM

Yes, very good idea.  But where is there a Horizon Rich List??    Roll Eyes

Developers  / Blocknet won't be eligable for the lottery by the way
legendary
January 25, 2015, 07:21:32 PM
Michael is in the middle of moving to his new place, and his internet won't be up until tomorrow. The explorer will remain down until then, but he also is going to be re-writing the explorer software to clean up the backend and eliminate all these issues that have been occurring.
Activity: 527
January 25, 2015, 01:26:33 PM

It is on the site, Accounts list

https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=accounts
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector
January 25, 2015, 12:47:08 PM

Jump to: