Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 56. (Read 491736 times)

Activity: 423
Merit: 250
July 17, 2015, 10:49:13 AM
There is an issue with the login form not showing sometimes, but it's not connected to switching the language for me. Couldn't reliably reproduce it yet.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
July 17, 2015, 03:44:33 AM
Developers. I use test version HZ v4.0 in Firefox. After changing the language to Russian is not possible to go into the purse second time, no longer displays the authorization form. Only helps complete cleaning browser history, but after the change of the language is the same again. Please correct before release HZ v4.0
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
We are the ones we've been waiting for
July 17, 2015, 01:53:39 AM
Upgraded to V3.9.2 on Win7 and hallmarked node promptly detected. Nice!

All looks good however wallet contacts are gone.  Anyway to restore wallet contacts without re-typing them in?

A standalone client capable of one-click updates might do the magic. I don't know if its on the works though.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 16, 2015, 11:36:39 PM
Upgraded to V3.9.2 on Win7 and hallmarked node promptly detected. Nice!

All looks good however wallet contacts are gone.  Anyway to restore wallet contacts without re-typing them in?
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
July 16, 2015, 09:09:00 PM
Thanks!
Activity: 575
Merit: 502
July 16, 2015, 05:27:36 PM

I suggest to also put an informative header into the nhz-default.properties
(alike the explanations in the header of in /conf/logging-default.properties).

Is already included in hz-v4.0 Smiley

About updating to newer code ...

A while ago, someone Mawo posted this easy scheme to install and upgrade:

Code:
# upgrade to latest version:
git pull
./compile.sh
screen -rd hzlive
CTRL-C
screen -S hzlive -L ./run.sh

which I am using on my node. Now after 'git pull; ./compile.sh' I get these messages:

Code:
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
nhz.jar generated successfully

Could anyone explain the meaning to me?  Thx.

The library json-simple-1.1.1.jar uses not typed raw types.
The compiler can not check at compile time for type safety.
The note is the corresponding warning.

But it still takes ages to finish booting up. Which future version will skip the blockchain scanning?

hz-v4.x

I suggest to put an informative sentence at the end "keep this NRS open while you forge or access the wallet", see truxtons newbie troubles.

I've added a hint for windows users, thanks.

I suggest you include two such scripts, one for Linux/Mac, one for Windows, to (semi-)automatically make those above changes to recycle the nhz_db from HZdefault?

That is beyond my scope.

Code:
DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE
What is the meaning of this?
And why is FALSE the default?

That's to avoid a "Database is already closed" issue with the embedded h2 database.
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
July 16, 2015, 01:25:56 PM
You should not modify the file nhz-default.properties, instead create a nhz.properties file with only the
properties you need to change, and set them there. The values in nhz.properties override those in nhz-default.properties.
The same applies for logging-default.properties. Create a logging.properties file and make your changes there.
Good point mentioning that again.

I know that some of the 'how to install your HZ node' manuals out there
do give the wrong approach, and suggest to edit 'nhz-default.properties';
which now causes more work for those nodes which want a simple upgrade,
than doing it the proper way, by creating a 'nhz.properties'.

I suggest to also put an informative header into the nhz-default.properties
(alike the explanations in the header of in /conf/logging-default.properties).

About updating to newer code ...

A while ago, someone Mawo posted this easy scheme to install and upgrade:

Code:
# upgrade to latest version:
git pull
./compile.sh
screen -rd hzlive
CTRL-C
screen -S hzlive -L ./run.sh

which I am using on my node. Now after 'git pull; ./compile.sh' I get these messages:

Code:
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
nhz.jar generated successfully

Could anyone explain the meaning to me?  Thx.

The node seems to run fine:
Code:
Initializing Nhz server version NHZ V3.9.2
2015-07-16 16:16:04 INFO: Database update may take a while if needed, current db version 70...
2015-07-16 16:19:26 INFO: nhz.forceValidate = "false"
2015-07-16 16:19:27 INFO: Scanning blockchain...
2015-07-16 16:19:37 INFO: processed block 0
2015-07-16 16:23:21 INFO: processed block 395000
2015-07-16 16:23:22 INFO: ...done
2015-07-16 16:23:22 INFO: Initialization took 448 seconds
2015-07-16 16:23:22 INFO: Nhz server NHZ V3.9.2 started successfully.
But it still takes ages to finish booting up. Which future version will skip the blockchain scanning?

I suggest to put an informative sentence at the end "keep this NRS open while you forge or access the wallet", see truxtons newbie troubles.

About MaWo's hz-nxtgui "HZng":

Code:
cd /opt
git clone https://bitbucket.org/MattWo/hz-nxtgui
cd hz-nxtgui
./compile.sh
cp ../hz-source/conf/nhz.properties conf/

echo "# database from HZdefault node:" >>  conf/nhz.properties                                                            
echo "nhz.dbUrl=jdbc:h2:../hz-source/nhz_db/nhz;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE" >>  conf/nhz.properties    

screen -rd hzlive
CTRL-C
screen -S hznxtgui -L ./run.sh

Explanations: All happens in /opt. Cloning the sourcecode, compiling it (same warning as above, BTW). Copies all my settings (hallmark, etc) from the default HZ, then adds two lines to make HZng also use the same nhz_db as the default HZ (saves time & harddisk). Kill default HZ, then start HZng in its own screen. Voila - using the existing nhz_db ... HZng is online!

Kudos MaWo, very nice work. Finally, the MESSAGES have their own tab!

I suggest you include two such scripts, one for Linux/Mac, one for Windows, to (semi-)automatically make those above changes to recycle the nhz_db from HZdefault?

nhz-default.properties:

Code:
DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE
What is the meaning of this?
And why is FALSE the default?

The node checker https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=nodecheck
shows my updated node as "offline"
- do I simply have to wait a while, or is it a TODO for you?

I was also always wondering:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what's the exact difference between hz-v3.9.2.zip & hz-v3.9.2-node.zip ? ...
the -node wallet is preconfigured for running a public node yourself
in detail:
- forging is disabled, the forging indicator is removed
- port 7776 is available on all interfaces, allowing connections from outside your local network

Thx for the explanations.

I suggest to put these sentences onto https://horizonplatform.io/get-started/wallets
and actually encourage people to run public nodes, as a fallback, during downtimes of the "web wallet".

Perhaps in future it could be named as such: hz-*-publicnode.zip Just a suggestion anyway.
Good idea.

This release is in preparation for our 4.0 release, which will follow this release in 10 days.  HZ 5.0 will follow in about a month as we are in the process of testing it and adding a few things.

Yippieh, yiehah, yeah!

Keep up the good work!

Consider to GIVEBACK. Thx
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
July 16, 2015, 10:37:48 AM

API URL and configuration settings were preserved for backward compatibility.

Thanks again, MaWo. In my case, not preserving backward compatibility would have involved a little more debugging (sigh).
Activity: 51
July 16, 2015, 08:25:25 AM
Something I do not understand... Yesterday changed on the nodes version to 3.9.2 and Upime Until Next Payou has stopped, there is no payment from all nodes. But one node has not changed, the version is 3.9.1 - payment came. Is something wrong?

Did you copy the configuration files with your hallmarks?

Of course. Replaced nhz-default.properties v3.9.1  from it's conf folder on nhz-default.properties in conf folder v3.9.2. Folders v3.9.1 and v3.9.2 different - folder v3.9.1 and folder v3.9.2 respectively. The fact that the time is not changed, it freezes after the transition to v3.9.2. If an error in the configuration file, node checker sees the node but thus there is a countdown. May be reconfigure nodes? What's the point...

Back on one node on v3.9.1 - has begun the countdown. What's the problem?

Just for clarification, I don't know whether I understood you correctly:
You should not modify the file nhz-default.properties, instead create a nhz.properties file with only the
properties you need to change, and set them there. The values in nhz.properties override those in nhz-default.properties.
The same applies for logging-default.properties. Create a logging.properties file and make your changes there.

When you extract a new release, you only need to move or copy your database directory nhz_db/
and your custom config files
conf/nhz.properties
conf/logging.properties

Working))) On all versions I've always modified the nhz-default.properties... Thank you very much!!! Cheesy
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 16, 2015, 08:21:54 AM

The issue has been fixed; please allow up to an hour for the data to be updated.
July 16, 2015, 06:52:20 AM
Something I do not understand... Yesterday changed on the nodes version to 3.9.2 and Upime Until Next Payou has stopped, there is no payment from all nodes. But one node has not changed, the version is 3.9.1 - payment came. Is something wrong?

Of course. Replaced nhz-default.properties v3.9.1  from it's conf folder on nhz-default.properties in conf folder v3.9.2. Folders v3.9.1 and v3.9.2 different - folder v3.9.1 and folder v3.9.2 respectively. The fact that the time is not changed, it freezes after the transition to v3.9.2. If an error in the configuration file, node checker sees the node but thus there is a countdown. May be reconfigure nodes? What's the point...

Just for clarification, I don't know whether I understood you correctly:

When you extract a new release, you only need to move or copy your database directory nhz_db/
and your custom config files
conf/nhz.properties
conf/logging.properties
July 16, 2015, 06:21:45 AM

July 16, 2015, 05:00:33 AM

Activity: 199
Merit: 102
July 16, 2015, 04:59:18 AM
Noticed I wasn't getting any peers then found in my nhz-default.properties, two settings starting with nxt: nxt.maxNumberOfKnownPeers and nxt.minNumberOfKnownPeers

I changed it to: nhz.maxNumberOfKnownPeers & nhz.minNumberOfKnownPeers

.. and working again. Don't know if this was an earlier mistake I made but this wasn't a problem with 3.9.1

(I tend to re-use same config settings so didn't notice straight away)

It was an issue with 3.9.1, but with 3.9.2 both prefixes will work.

Strange, because I had this issue with both my servers. Both were updated to 3.9.1 first day and have run fine, but both had peer problem with 3.9.2 until I changed to prefix of those two settings to nhz.

Thanks
July 16, 2015, 04:36:17 AM
Noticed I wasn't getting any peers then found in my nhz-default.properties, two settings starting with nxt: nxt.maxNumberOfKnownPeers and nxt.minNumberOfKnownPeers

.. and working again. Don't know if this was an earlier mistake I made but this wasn't a problem with 3.9.1

It was an issue with 3.9.1, but with 3.9.2 both prefixes will work.
Activity: 199
Merit: 102
July 16, 2015, 04:28:12 AM

July 16, 2015, 04:17:55 AM
Is it possible to take full advantage of http://api.nhzcrypto.org:7776?

HZ v4.0 is still beta/experimental. You should be aware of this, but I don't expect any problems.
If you experience unusual/strange things then please report them.
July 16, 2015, 04:11:14 AM
Is it possible to take full advantage of http://api.nhzcrypto.org:7776?
July 16, 2015, 04:07:51 AM
How often script checking nodes? How long to wait before the node is displayed here ?
July 16, 2015, 03:49:13 AM

Pages:
Jump to: