Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 2. (Read 1931 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
March 11, 2015, 06:52:09 AM
greece thinks theres a free ATM and they can draw free money whenever are in trouble, they got bailed out not once, but twice and now they want more and they probably need a fourth then a fifth bailout, well they got nothing to lose have they
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
March 11, 2015, 06:25:18 AM
The European Union is a failure. Just accepet it. It is impossible to unite all these Southerners and Easterners with the Northerners and the Westerners. Time to disband the European union.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2015, 05:31:14 AM
Silly decision, Greece is an island within the Schengen area (they have no common borders with any other country in the Schengen area) so it's easy to extend the border controls to planes and ships from Greece and reinforce border controls in Hungary and Austria (what is already a reinforced one because of the huge numbers of illegal immigrants from Kosovo in the last year).

I´m Austrian and there are no border controls reinforced because of immigrants or other things.
All borders from Austria except Swiss and Liechtenstein, are to other EU-countries.

This summer there are for a few weeks border controls, because in Bavaria/Germany is a summit conference of G-8 and in Tyrol/Austria is the Bilderberger meeting at around the same time.

Sorry my mistake, the "already reinforced" meant that the Hungarian border control have been reinforced recently on the southern Serbian border.
Also forgot Slovenia what is part of the Schengen zone.
So the let me correct myself: ...and reinforce border controls in Hungary and Slovenia...

Activity: 533
Merit: 539
March 11, 2015, 05:20:10 AM
Silly decision, Greece is an island within the Schengen area (they have no common borders with any other country in the Schengen area) so it's easy to extend the border controls to planes and ships from Greece and reinforce border controls in Hungary and Austria (what is already a reinforced one because of the huge numbers of illegal immigrants from Kosovo in the last year).

I´m Austrian and there are no border controls reinforced because of immigrants or other things.
All borders from Austria except Swiss and Liechtenstein, are to other EU-countries.

This summer there are for a few weeks border controls, because in Bavaria/Germany is a summit conference of G-8 and in Tyrol/Austria is the Bilderberger meeting at around the same time.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2015, 04:04:28 AM
Activity: 462
March 11, 2015, 01:42:47 AM
How can any politician believe that this is the way to win friends and influence people to help their country? Such comments tap into the fears of many Europeans and is only likely to attract a negative response. I think people will still go there on holiday though, as it will be dirt cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
March 11, 2015, 01:20:10 AM
Wow... low blow. But wouldn't make that big of a difference? Many jihadists in Greece? Because we already got tons of them over here.. Go Greece I say, EU is already losing so much money either ways.

I'm kind of impressed that their is a defense minister anywhere in the world that said
It's ok if we invite jihadists to our country because they will leave here anyway and go bother people somewhere else, aka its not our problem lets let them into Greece.

Terror By Proxy
Facepalm the newest form of a diplomatic negotiation tool.

(Like the end of the article)
Only Britain would be spared the threat, if carried out, as it has retained its border controls.
Britain is like ha-ha
(I guess that is as good a reason as any to retain borders, not like they were connected to the mainland anyway with their island status ^^)

Anyways that said even in a debt crisis Greece representatives should not resort to desperate threats as a political tactic.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
March 10, 2015, 09:27:29 PM
He is trying real hard to get Greece kicked out of the EU.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
March 10, 2015, 09:26:26 PM
What he probably means is that they´ll flood them more. I´m sure it´s been quite the torrent already in the last years. Being on the dole in Berlin or Stockholm beats Athens by a mile.
Activity: 308
March 10, 2015, 09:21:42 PM
Things have at least gone to extreme rhetoric:

Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos warns Europe that if no bailout of its economic crisis is forthcoming, his nation will flood Europe with migrants and jihadists, providing them with papers to travel legally throughout the continent.

Kammenos said: “If Europe leaves us in the crisis, we will flood it with migrants, and it will be even worse for Berlin if in that wave of millions of economic migrants there will be some jihadists of the Islamic State, too.”

“If they strike us, we will strike them,” the official said. “We will give to migrants from everywhere the documents they need to travel in the Schengen area, so that the human wave could go straight to Berlin.” The Schengen area is passport-free.

I think the saying goes he has dug himself a hole, i mean damn what is he doing trying to blackmail Europe aha He had so much more chance just keeping his mouth shut now he may have screwed his innocent citizens because he could not keep it closed. There will be riots
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 10, 2015, 09:05:24 PM
And it's not an Onion headline.

It would be nice seeing Greece out of Euro zone, EU and Schengen, but it wouldn't be fair to let the people in the hands of despots like last time, hope they can get to an agreement.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
March 10, 2015, 09:01:09 PM
Wow... low blow. But wouldn't make that big of a difference? Many jihadists in Greece? Because we already got tons of them over here.. Go Greece I say, EU is already losing so much money either ways.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
March 10, 2015, 08:53:51 PM
Pages:
Jump to: