Pages:
Author

Topic: 0$ Power cost --> Antminer u1 miner rig profitable? - page 2. (Read 1831 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
It´s just for fun, with 2gh/s do you mean ant miner u1 right?
About the no noise condition is because im going to mine at work so its the only way to do it... there is some "big miner" that makes really low noise?
Thank you
U2 = 2 Ghs/s
U1 = 1.6 Ghs/s

So  7788bitcoin was indeed talking about an U2

My advice: only buy an usb stick miner if you're just trying to learn how to mine... Buy a "bigger" minner (S7, avalon 6) if you're trying to make money (but calculate everything beforehand, it's easy to lose money while mining nowadays)
Activity: 357
Merit: 251
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN
I suppose this is a hobby project to understand how mining works. If you are hope to earn some bitcoins, using faucets maybe better than setting up several 2GH/s miners.

These should work well without fan but you might need an external power supply for the USB hub. Each of these will consume >500mA so a 5volt power supply capable for 5-10A may be needed. Please consider adding a "Caution - HOT surfaces"  signage - they get quite hot after a while.

It´s just for fun, with 2gh/s do you mean ant miner u1 right?
About the no noise condition is because im going to mine at work so its the only way to do it... there is some "big miner" that makes really low noise?
Thank you
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Hi miners!
I´m thinking to get an ant miner u1 or u2 mining rig. i wouldn't have power cost but i have 1 condition: It should NOT make noise so no fan...
Any ideas or comments?

IMHO, at current diff, it'll be very hard to ROI with an U2, even without considering power consumption, a raspberry pi and the time you're going to spend to set it all up.
I have 2 U2's running ATM, but there's no way i'll ever make my initial investment back. Offcourse, i bought those two miners to learn about mining, not because i wanted to ROI.

EDIT:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=2&p=0.01&pc=0&pf=0.00&d=163491654908.95900000&r=25.00000000&er=436.18000000&hc=0.00
The setup will gain you less than one dollar (in BTC) at current diff and block reward... so unless you buy an U2 for about 50 cents (postage included) chances of ROI will be close to 0%
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
I suppose this is a hobby project to understand how mining works. If you are hope to earn some bitcoins, using faucets maybe better than setting up several 2GH/s miners.

These should work well without fan but you might need an external power supply for the USB hub. Each of these will consume >500mA so a 5volt power supply capable for 5-10A may be needed. Please consider adding a "Caution - HOT surfaces"  signage - they get quite hot after a while.
Activity: 357
Merit: 251
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN
Hi miners!
I´m thinking to get an ant miner u1 or u2 mining rig. i wouldn't have power cost but i have 1 condition: It should NOT make noise so no fan...
Any ideas or comments?
Pages:
Jump to: