Pages:
Author

Topic: [03-22-2015] When Does Bitcoin Become Money? - page 2. (Read 2243 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
I hope never, because it is superior to money.

I hope never, because it's gold.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
In theory - yes. In reality - well, it depends. Money is bad because it is linked to government thus - no transparency, constant printing of new money - inflation etc. But bitcoin is worthless without proper services. And we are lacking these now. You can't bitcoin to Africa hell, you can't even send it to some rural areas and countryside. Bitcoin can became money for technical advanced people in big cities. Rest of the world would be out of reach for bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Another requirement is that the price should be stable and gov should recognize the bitcoin as money. Otherwise the masses  won't be comfortable to hold them.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
Money has to be a good store of value, so we are talking a very very very long time from now. It would have to be post-massive world adoption in order to have stability. It could meet all the other requirements of money prior to being a good store of value though. Unless you consider rising value to be a good "store" of value. If you keep your definition to rising value = store of value then that could be very soon Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 250
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
http://btcfeed.net/news/when-does-bitcoin-become-money/

Many Bitcoin enthusiasts already see Bitcoin as just another form of money. And this is  partially true, as you can use Bitcoin to pay for goods and services, both online and offline. However, the mainstream masses seem to associate Bitcoin with a “currency” at best, and “fake internet money” in the worst case scenario. But when will Bitcoin actually become money?

Pages:
Jump to: