Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.5% fee - Pools - Central Cavern Mining Co - Pools - page 6. (Read 6364 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
BTW is this a normal dead / orphan rate of shares?

Does it become lower when the pool pears with more other pools, or is it solely dependant on the miners?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Miner Willy will rule the universe mwahahaha
XXX.io also uses PPLNS, the rounds are just shorter. It is the same system though...

ewwww... he who must not be named ^^^ !XXL! is he who must not be named...

it's swings and roundabouts really, regardless of where you mine or what algo you use, payouts will more often than not, average the same amount for your hashrate, at the end of the day.
and here was me thinking we were going to start off with 1% of the p2pool network... oh well, more marketing required methinks!  Cool
HA! I caught you on a thought of monopolism! Be prepared to argue your case against the Bitcoin Police of the Mind!

That is how it starts you GH shill! Soon you will want to build the biggest p2pool node available and enslave us all with "your" hashpower!

Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
XXX.io also uses PPLNS, the rounds are just shorter. It is the same system though...

ewwww... he who must not be named ^^^

it's swings and roundabouts really, regardless of where you mine or what algo you use, payouts will more often than not, average the same amount for your hashrate, at the end of the day.
and here was me thinking we were going to start off with 1% of the p2pool network... oh well, more marketing required methinks!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Right guys I know I know that's not about money DECENTRALISING but 69pence for 2h 22m 5TH ??
How is it that people can invest so much money and not have a clue about their investment?  Seriously... go read up on how mining works, and the different payout systems.

Unbelievable.
GH.io also uses PPLNS, the rounds are just shorter. It is the same system though...
yes, well now he can be happy that he will get the same payout for days and days every time a block is found.

Maybe he then understands the PPLNS payout system.

I remember when difficulty first got so high that DGM rounds on bitparking were 400 and 500 hours.
now that's a block round!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
(looks like our friend became impatient)
Yes, well now he can be happy that he will get the same (small) payout for days and days every time a block is found.

Maybe he then understands the PPLNS payout system.
Right guys I know I know that's not about money DECENTRALISING but 69pence for 2h 22m 5TH ??
This is the tx ID for the block: d497e133d719cb2fae1e2eb8ae50708641f4d8c6f2a4a8f28f5948c9cb4eb2fe

as explained, this is not a single pool, this is a node attached to the p2pool network. if you have 5TH/s on the node, it is clear that you are not completely ramped in, and until your miners are completely spooled up on the node, your earnings will be gradual and rise according to your hashrate.

however, currently, there is not any singular 5TH miners on the node.

Even the 1caverneg4URzStAJC9iYiSgxeAo59Uai BTCtc address on the stats page, is not yet fully ramped in, and that miner has been pointing at this node since it launched.
don't worry. it'll spool up (looks like our friend became impatient).
The payout model is PPLNS, that means your average commitment over a larger timeframe is recorded and you are then payed according to it once a block is found.

You need to wait until all the "shifts" have received work from your miners, then you will receive the maximum payout like on other pools.

Could you tell me the reject percentage of your miners at the moment?
Activity: 336
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Added health warning to the OP  Shocked
New block found... wow we are on fire... now i am annoyed that i didn´t have enough time to ramp up those PPLNS rounds.

Roadstress, i'm afraid the noise is staying, it's designed to be heard in a d/c environment Tongue
Just give everyone a direct link to the pool statistics page at the top of the thread and warn them about the sound on the other link.

Otherwise it might look as if you wanted people to get hearing damage... Wink

Ok, fair enough. The stats page link is there already- i'll add a health warning Cheesy

Roadstress, i'm afraid the noise is staying, it's designed to be heard in a d/c environment Tongue
Just give everyone a direct link to the pool statistics page at the top of the thread and warn them about the sound on the other link.

Otherwise it might look as if you wanted people to get hearing damage... Wink
Hi,

Just wonder why my hashrate is much lower than should be.
And those statistics just not too acurate or what Undecided ?

ping 25ms

Hashrate will fluctuate as data from your miner is sent in packets, which can often show large variations.
If your ping time from where your miner is, is 25ms, you will see correct and expected shares and correct average earnings.

It also takes a while to ramp in.

Hi,

ping 25ms
That is due to the method p2pool determines your hashrate, aswell as the timeframe for the statistic.

Wait an hour or two and the hashrate should be roughly that of your miner.

Don´t be alarmed by a high percentage of DOA shares, as long as you are under the p2pool average, you are even getting payed more than your hashrate.
Activity: 336
Hi,

ping 25ms
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Please remove the high volume sound when entering the webpage.
The pool looks interesting ;-)

The game reminds me of good old times on C16 and C64 :-)

just a BTCit of fun  Cheesy as long as you are not too far away from the node (Amsterdam) - you should get a good ping time, and not too many rejects.
once we have enough miners (10+) going to start prizes for active miners who get the best manic miner scores...

gotta love it retro  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: