Pages:
Author

Topic: $0.85 transaction fee is absolutely ridiculous! - page 14. (Read 24225 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
What's funny with this thread is that fees of less than 1$ now would be cheap xD

I'm paying around 4$ now.
This is really troublesome, that's tiring.
I can't really handle 4$ for every transactions xD

Yup, that's what I said in my last post here.

Within the last 2 weeks, a lot, a lot has changed.
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
What's funny with this thread is that fees of less than 1$ now would be cheap xD

I'm paying around 4$ now.
This is really troublesome, that's tiring.
I can't really handle 4$ for every transactions xD
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Miners are getting richer by the day, that means no incentive to fix anything. Its not broken for them.
Yes that is right, but i am not sure what would they think when people stop using there services. People like to earn money and that is main reason why people are dealing with bitcoin. If fee go even more up, people will start to using bitcoin less and less, and that will bring fee down or bitcoin. Something will need to be done in the future about that.

Fee go up.
Less people use bitcoin.
Fee go down.
More people use bitcoin.
Fee go up.
Less people use bitcoin.
Fee go up some more.
Japanese use bitcoin.
Korean use bitcoin.

Bitcoin go up.
Activity: 270
Merit: 100
Western Union charges 10$ per TX.. so 50c fees is a bargain  Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
Miners are getting richer by the day, that means no incentive to fix anything. Its not broken for them.
Yes that is right, but i am not sure what would they think when people stop using there services. People like to earn money and that is main reason why people are dealing with bitcoin. If fee go even more up, people will start to using bitcoin less and less, and that will bring fee down or bitcoin. Something will need to be done in the future about that.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry

It's getting rediculous indeed. Exchanges are also making a lot of money from the high feees at the moment.

Payed 10k satoshi to polo to withdraw btc and they simply poool 30 transacations (300k in fees) and only use 80k satoshi to send it. Nice bonus for them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
Am I the only one realizing that ~$1 fee to make a transaction is absolutely insane and defeats one of the core benefits of using bitcoin for daily transactions.

This is getting insane and is completely uncalled for, or am I wrong?
You are not wrong, and i absolutely agree with you. It is insane, i mean alike you said, imagine people who use bitcoin daily, it must be hell for them. And the worst part is that, even if you pay that much you will still have problem of transferring. Few days ago i wanted to buy something, and i payed fee of 0.75 dollars or something like that, and it took more than two days for payment to be transferred... I hope they will deal with that, and soon i hope.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
I am already used to paying $1+ for my BTC transfers to have them confirmed in a few minutes, worth it I'd say

Worth it if you send a quite huge amount but when you do have a small time process then it could really hit your balls really hard. As a small time earner it is really disturbing for s as we consider $1 a goof amount already
legendary
The thread is only 17 days old and seems very false now. These days, even the $0.85 fees is taking like 5 days to get first few confirmations. Totally not worth it.

I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry

Yup, if you need confirmations within an hour, you've to pay $5+ as fee.

WTF? 5+ bucks? Holy shit! Has it gone up again?

Yup! That's how it goes now...

If you pay less than that, then be ready to wait for 1-5 days.
Activity: 563
The thread is only 17 days old and seems very false now. These days, even the $0.85 fees is taking like 5 days to get first few confirmations. Totally not worth it.

I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry

WTF? 5+ bucks? Holy shit! Has it gone up again?
legendary

I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Actually in the btc fee is fixed but it is because the price of btc rose so its fee also increased. I see it as a boon because of the expensive bitcoin price, it's okay if the price of dollar fee goes up but do not the bitcoin fee goes up too, if so you're greedy
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
It isn't the best but we have to live with it at least for now until a better solution is found. I'm afraid it might eventually become $1 Per transaction and that's when people might be tempted to abandon Bitcoin for something else.

I have sent three transactions today, and included a fee of $1.50 each time. It's high for sure, but I have no other option than to deal with the situation as I need to pay out people. Complaining about the higher fees has no impact at all. It's either you dealing with the situation, or just keep including average fees that will require you to wait several hours to get that first confirmation. I always deal with whatever situation that stands in front of me -- complaining is pointless....
copper member
Activity: 1050
It isn't the best but we have to live with it at least for now until a better solution is found. I'm afraid it might eventually become $1 Per transaction and that's when people might be tempted to abandon Bitcoin for something else.

if you want a faster confirmation of your transaction, you actually need more than $1 per transaction.  Aside from that if you have several input in one transaction it even charge more.  I have an experience having 10 dust inputs in one transaction charged me more than 3 USD .
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Am I the only one realizing that ~$1 fee to make a transaction is absolutely insane and defeats one of the core benefits of using bitcoin for daily transactions.

This is getting insane and is completely uncalled for, or am I wrong?

Well, it's only a couple magnitudes higher fee than visa....and no more than a 100 or so magnitudes slower....The real question in my mind is: how long will it take to realize that there are far more useful platforms to utilize as a means of exchange?  And, will the bitcoin to USD exchange rate be effected by that realization?
Activity: 477
Merit: 250
I am already used to paying $1+ for my BTC transfers to have them confirmed in a few minutes, worth it I'd say
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
I can't even get few dollars to an exchange and its pissing me off. This is the third time trying to use minimum fee's but the bitcoin client custom fee input that I inputted is totally different from the blockchain.

f9d3fcfc42f5cfb8b86b15e3198ea8422711bd598d9ad1b26c68811654f65cb2
(Fee: 0.0000664 BTC - 29.78 sat/B - Size: 223 bytes) 2017-05-21 00:21:05
12NcNYb2oEh6ANo95AakEjPqQdgbcxh4m9 (0.00132885 BTC - Output)
14XknsfpDYGV4pusK7b8bsixDQER4PZok9 - (Unspent) 0.00126245 BTC
https://blockchain.info/address/12NcNYb2oEh6ANo95AakEjPqQdgbcxh4m9

I fucking inputted "0.0001338BTC" as a fee.

So, it's gonna stay unconfirmed again for days on days.

Inputs and Outputs
Total Input   0.00132885 BTC
Total Output   0.00126245 BTC
Fees   0.0000664 BTC
Fee per byte   29.776 sat/B
Estimated BTC Transacted   0.00126245 BTC

You're trying to send 2$ ?
Really what's the point nowadays to do that?

With 29 satoshi /b it will be confirmed next Christmas
Pages:
Jump to: