Pages:
Author

Topic: $0.85 transaction fee is absolutely ridiculous! - page 18. (Read 24247 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
But it isn't free.  All this talk about transaction fees and what they should be just shows how the modern financial systems makes everyone dumber.  Somehow because it shows zero fees on a European bank transfer you imagine the bank buildings cost nothing and everyone there works for free?  Everyone else pays for your free transaction.  
No need to attack me on this. We barely have bank offices anymore, most of it goes online. It simply means transactions are completely automated which makes the cost per transaction very low.
But if you insist on putting a fee on each transaction, you can look at what banks charge businesses. When I make a SEPA withdrawal from kraken.com, I pay 9 cents (0.00005346 BTC) fee.

How much does it cost to open a European bank account? Or how much do you have to leave in it? What kind of identification and contact details do they request from you?
Here internet banking is the most common payment method for bills.
The cost of a bank account varies per country and per bank. It used to be free (AKA the bank was happy to get you as a customer), some still offer free bank accounts, but most charge a few euro per month. That includes internet banking and a debit card for ATMs or to pay in shops.
We don't have a minimum balance required on bank accounts. The bank does require a legal form of ID to get an account.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
I don't know what you think it is. But it has never been what you describe. It is its own network and currency. Which is still cheaper than wire transfers and faster than clearing checks.
I often read this reasoning. Is it an American thing? Who uses wire transfers and checks?
Within Europe I can pay anybody by bank without any additional fee.

I'm not American. I imagine a lot of non-Americans use wire transfers and checks. I use a check to pay for my rent, but I could easily just use a debit card for that too.

How much does it cost to open a European bank account? Or how much do you have to leave in it? What kind of identification and contact details do they request from you?

I, too, am not an American, but we need a lot of identification to transfer money to a bank and the operation is much more expensive than transfers of bitcoins. Therefore, bitcoin is certainly better in this regard.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I don't know what you think it is. But it has never been what you describe. It is its own network and currency. Which is still cheaper than wire transfers and faster than clearing checks.
I often read this reasoning. Is it an American thing? Who uses wire transfers and checks?

I'm not American. I imagine a lot of non-Americans use wire transfers and checks. I use a check to pay for my rent, but I could easily just use a debit card for that too.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
The fees seemingly need to be pegged to a USD amount, or at least the protocol should be aware of the value of USD, respective bitcoin. I say this not to extol the supremacy of the dollar, but to peg the fees to a reasonable marker. USD is ubiquitous and already somewhat of a global standard. I love bitcoin going to the moon, but it sucks that the fees had to come along too Wink

It should have not if the mem pool have less unconfirmed transactions. Though there are lots of legit transactions, there is also a spam attack that is causing unconfirmed transactions to pile up. And now, the only solution to be confirmed faster is high fees. SO the fee keeps bloating.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
But it isn't free.  All this talk about transaction fees and what they should be just shows how the modern financial systems makes everyone dumber.  Somehow because it shows zero fees on a European bank transfer you imagine the bank buildings cost nothing and everyone there works for free?  Everyone else pays for your free transaction.  And wait till the bailouts for banks come again.  Come back and tell us how the transfer is still free or ask the cypress bank account holders how their free transfers worked for them.  Bitcoin has a transparent market based fee and the user is able to select what fee he/she is willing to pay and the miner can select if they want to include it in a block.  Welcome to a truly free market.  It can be a bit tough to adjust to but it is better.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
the fees are actually over $13 per transaction when you include the block reward!  This averages out to only 0.5% of the total transaction volume which is pretty cheap for proven security.  

small transactions are somewhat subsidizing larger ones because of the tx fees.. which i think is obviously terrible for the currency.
damn it. We need to move our coin to ethereum or some other altcoins right now or bitcoin will take all of our money with its ridiculous fee. It is really really sad since Bitcoin is a potential coin and not it is destroyed by some chinese lunatics
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
so bitcoin is not "an innovative payment network and a new kind of money" anymore

Activity: 57
Merit: 2
today I pay $2 with bitcoin,
pay $4 for transaction fee ...
greaat

You're not supposed to do that, but you can, if you want to.

so bitcoin is not "an innovative payment network and a new kind of money" anymore
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
greaat

You're not supposed to do that, but you can, if you want to.
Activity: 57
Merit: 2
greaat
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
You can't peg the fees to USD or any other currency. How would you do that? That would mean a hard fork too.
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
the fees are actually over $13 per transaction when you include the block reward!  This averages out to only 0.5% of the total transaction volume which is pretty cheap for proven security.  

small transactions are somewhat subsidizing larger ones because of the tx fees.. which i think is obviously terrible for the currency.

The fees seemingly need to be pegged to a USD amount, or at least the protocol should be aware of the value of USD, respective bitcoin. I say this not to extol the supremacy of the dollar, but to peg the fees to a reasonable marker. USD is ubiquitous and already somewhat of a global standard. I love bitcoin going to the moon, but it sucks that the fees had to come along too Wink
This makes no sense. Bitcoin should not depend at all on any other currency. It should be self sufficient.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

the fees should just be the block reward for a very long time... most people think the fee per transaction is $1-2 when it is actually $13... why not improve the optics and make the tx fee zero for the next 100 years?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

Activity: 774
Look ARROUND!
Although I do agree that people should not spend a bunch of money just so they could send a small transaction and have it confirm in less than 24 hours, the people that spend a large amount of money on a transaction like that should know that they don't have to spend over $0.30 on a transaction.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
Fees are really ridiculous in this days but the bitcoin price is also going up they would really do that the most annoying is the transactions speed i almost take 4days and still not confirmed in the blockchain i guess it is amost broken and your transaction will be stack there forever hopefully they do some upgrade in the blockchain.
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
Get a wallet where you can set custom fees of your choosing and you will be alright. The low/average/expedited options won't do the trick, you would need to input your own numbers.
That is good idea I am also searching for a wallet where I will put the number to pay a fix transaction fees. I will keep the fees at average as I do not want to wait for longer. But for those who pay too lower fees I will say that your transaction will be very slow and you will wait for hours for the confirmation of that.

I will try to look for alike wallet, as much as possible now I don't do transaction due to increase in fees and I just want to save my btc now for more increase of btc in future,unfortunately increase in btc amount will always have the increase in fees there were like tandem.
Activity: 770
Get a wallet where you can set custom fees of your choosing and you will be alright. The low/average/expedited options won't do the trick, you would need to input your own numbers.
That is good idea I am also searching for a wallet where I will put the number to pay a fix transaction fees. I will keep the fees at average as I do not want to wait for longer. But for those who pay too lower fees I will say that your transaction will be very slow and you will wait for hours for the confirmation of that.
Pages:
Jump to: