Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.96 preliminary testing - page 4. (Read 6228 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
March 04, 2017, 09:38:12 PM
I expect you're aware of this goatpig;  Wallet Properties -> Receive Coins button produces

Code:
(ERROR) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 1550, in getNewAddress
    if DlgNewAddressDisp(self.wlt, self, self.main, loading).exec_():
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 2242, in __init__
    addrStr = self.addr.getAddrStr()
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcAddress.py", line 161, in getAddrStr
    raise Exception("Deprecated, get address from mirror wallet instead")
Exception: Deprecated, get address from mirror wallet instead

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcAddress.py", line 161, in getAddrStr

Fixed
legendary
Armory Developer
March 04, 2017, 07:43:36 PM
Update: The fee bug I mentioned earlier (ask for 0.0001 BTC fee, get 0.00011576 BTC) is gone. Still, the Coin Control bug is present. I have to explicitly choose UTXOs, otherwise no fee is selected and Armory warns me that I'm trying to send a Tx with no fees.

Code:
Your transaction comes with a fee rate of 0.00 satoshi/Byte. 
This is much lower than the median fee rate of 50 satoshi/Byte.

Are you absolutely sure that you want to send with this fee? If you do not want to proceed with this fee rate, click "No".

Nothing seems to be in the Python (armorylog.txt) or C++/DB (dbLog.txt) logs. If I futz around enough with the UTXO set, I can reset it to the entire set and get a fee.

Can you give me a step by step of how you get to that?
Activity: 525
Merit: 282
March 04, 2017, 07:37:32 PM
Update: The fee bug I mentioned earlier (ask for 0.0001 BTC fee, get 0.00011576 BTC) is gone. Still, the Coin Control bug is present. I have to explicitly choose UTXOs, otherwise no fee is selected and Armory warns me that I'm trying to send a Tx with no fees.

Code:
Your transaction comes with a fee rate of 0.00 satoshi/Byte. 
This is much lower than the median fee rate of 50 satoshi/Byte.

Are you absolutely sure that you want to send with this fee? If you do not want to proceed with this fee rate, click "No".

Nothing seems to be in the Python (armorylog.txt) or C++/DB (dbLog.txt) logs. If I futz around enough with the UTXO set, I can reset it to the entire set and get a fee.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
March 04, 2017, 06:22:18 PM
Should the git submodule update command not produce some delta feedback in respect of the changes ? I got a new prompt with nothing. Do I need to make clean first?

It should. I'm not an expert with submodules though, first time trying it.

There are other ways to get the submodules to update with a command from the top most repo:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1030169/easy-way-pull-latest-of-all-submodules

Otherwise, the "brute force" method is to git pull in the submodule repo. Once I'll more familiar with it I'll update the readme with the most convenient method.

No idea why the DB would be already running, I only see that one process running.
Anything I can do on my side?

No idea why the DB would be already running, I only see that one process running.

That line just means the client successfully probed the ip:port you gave it for a listening socket and won't start a local DB.

Do you have some python or C++ in you?

EDIT: also please detail your setup. If you dont have any coding in you, I'll make you a separate branch with extra verbose in there for you to paste back here.

Sorry for the late reply.
Unfortunately no, no developer here. I might identify simple typos after staring half an hour at the code, but that's about it.
I'll gladly paste extra-verbose  output here.
I am running Armory on Debian 8, kernel 4.4.38-11, in a Qubes/Xen VM.

Ente
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
March 04, 2017, 04:22:05 PM
I expect you're aware of this goatpig;  Wallet Properties -> Receive Coins button produces

Code:

staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
March 02, 2017, 11:26:05 PM
Transaction details won't open.

Traceback:
Code:
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 3290, in showContextMenuLedger
    self.showLedgerTx()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 3267, in showLedgerTx
    DlgDispTxInfo( pytx, self.walletMap[wltID], self, self, txtime=txtime).exec_()
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 5571, in __init__
    self.txInModel = TxInDispModel(pytx, self.data[FIELDS.InList], self.main)
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armorymodels.py", line 1125, in __init__
    dispInfo = self.main.getDisplayStringForScript(script, 60)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4763, in getDisplayStringForScript
    prefIDOverAddr, lblTrunc, lastTrunc)
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/UserAddressUtils.py", line 172, in getDisplayStringForScript
    if iterWlt.hasScrAddr(scrAddr):
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 538, in hasScrAddr
    return self.cppWallet.hasScrAddr(scrAddr)
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 3727, in hasScrAddr
    return _CppBlockUtils.WalletContainer_hasScrAddr(self, scrAddr)
RuntimeError: invalid char in b58 string

Works for me. Is there only a few select transactions it cannot display?
Yes. It can't display any transactions that I received within the last day or two. Older transactions are fine, but not my newer ones which recently confirmed or are still unconfirmed.
legendary
Armory Developer
March 02, 2017, 09:36:16 PM

Traceback:
Code:
    self.showLedgerTx()
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/UserAddressUtils.py", line 172, in getDisplayStringForScript
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 538, in hasScrAddr
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 3727, in hasScrAddr

Works for me. Is there only a few select transactions it cannot display?
March 02, 2017, 06:09:09 PM
- Coin Control seems to be broken. I have to specify which UTXOs I want to use, otherwise Armory complains. I can get the exact message if you need it.

Please do

I can't seem to reproduce this right now. However, the fee window is broken. If I tell it I want a flat fee, the actual fee is different. For example, if I want a fee of 0.0001 BTC, Armory actually wants it to be 0.00011576 BTC (45.05 sat/B). I have to tell it 0.00008638 BTC (38.91 sat/B). I then have to tell Armory to use something like 0.00008362 BTC in order for the real fee to be 0.0001 BTC. This is the latest dev build.

- After ~7-8 blocks come in, Armory seems to stop picking up new blocks even though Core keeps chugging along. No messages on the command line. When I close, I have to force quit. The blocks seem to be picked up upon restart.

Try to narrow it down. I'll try to reproduce on my end. Feel free to add verbose if you got an idea of where it's happening.

I left it overnight and saw a network error on the command line. Unfortunately, I didn't save it. Sad This was long after Armory stopped accepting blocks. Nothing's in the Python logs, and the C++ logs are garbled junk for some reason. I'll keep an eye out.

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:3741 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)

This is a false positive from the translation PR. I'm guessing it should set the default the first time, which it isn't doing.

Yeah. Something doesn't seem to be set, or at least sticking.

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:2129 - ***WARNING: Wallet could not be loaded: /home/droark/.armory/testnet3/armory_22LowGmee_.WatchOnly.wallet (skipping)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2089, in loadWalletsAndSettings
    reportProgress=reportProgress)
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/Timer.py", line 99, in inner
    ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 2110, in readWalletFile
    self.unpackHeader(wltdata)
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 1997, in unpackHeader
    self.unpackWalletFlags(binUnpacker)
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 1929, in unpackWalletFlags
    raise isMSWallet('Cannot Open MS Wallets')
isMSWallet: Cannot Open MS Wallets

That's quorum's MS wallets, don't cheat now =D

Oops. Smiley
legendary
Armory Developer
March 02, 2017, 03:35:18 PM
...the wallet is deleted, but only after shutdown/restart

I'm aware of this one, pissed me off at one point so I left it on the back burner. Will fix the rest, dunno about this one atm, high cost to reward ratio for something that can be done by just deleting the underlying file manually and restarting the client.
staff
Just writing some code
March 02, 2017, 01:59:21 PM

Traceback:
Code:
    self.showLedgerTx()
legendary
March 02, 2017, 12:37:29 PM
  • Editing tx comments from main window yielded QString::arg: 1 argument(s) missing in Add %2 %2:
  • Using the wallet filters produced overlapping or incomplete results accompanied by -INFO  - 1487508653: (SocketObject.cpp:517) POLLIN recv return 0

Fixed

yep (both)

A little messing around with the "Use only selected UTXOs" option ended up with a bunch of  AttributeError: 'DlgWalletDetails' object has no attribute 'wltAddrModel' with differing tracebacks, followed by the fee adjustment failing altogether. Clicking Send! in that state produced an Insufficient Fee dialog with this text featuring "Your specified fee results in a rate of %d satoshis per byte/b>. This is much lower than the median satoshi/byte rate of %s BTC"

Can't reproduce the coin control thing, you're gonna have to narrow it down. I got some other bug on the fee part that may cover what you found, more on that when that fix is out.

So, I can reliably reproduce the issue:

• Choose an output in Coin Control dialog
  • Click MAX amount button
  • Complete receiving address field
  • Click the Preview button (the box that contains the fee/tx size info continues to read "N/A", instead of the actual info)

This error is produced....

Code:
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 1577, in execSendBtc
    self.wltAddrModel.reset()
AttributeError: 'DlgWalletDetails' object has no attribute 'wltAddrModel'

.... plus this dialog appears when clicking Preview Tx:

There was an error constructing your transaction, due to a
            quirk in the way Bitcoin transactions work.  If you see this
            error more than once, try sending your BTC in two or more
            separate transactions.

Both the Create Wallet button and dropdown selection yields this:

Fixed

There's more....

Create New is good now, but Delete Wallet produces this.....

Code:
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 4089, in
    rmWalletSlot = lambda: self.removeWallet(wlt)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 4167, in removeWallet
    self.main.removeWalletFromApplication(wltID)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2843, in removeWalletFromApplication
    self.walletMap[wltID].unregisterWallet()
AttributeError: 'PyBtcWallet' object has no attribute 'unregisterWallet'

File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 4089, in
    rmWalletSlot = lambda: self.removeWallet(wlt)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/qtdialogs.py", line 4167, in removeWallet
    self.main.removeWalletFromApplication(wltID)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2843, in removeWalletFromApplication
    self.walletMap[wltID].unregisterWallet()
AttributeError: 'PyBtcWallet' object has no attribute 'unregisterWallet'

...the wallet is deleted, but only after shutdown/restart

legendary
Armory Developer
March 02, 2017, 02:59:45 AM
- Coin Control seems to be broken. I have to specify which UTXOs I want to use, otherwise Armory complains. I can get the exact message if you need it.

Please do

- After ~7-8 blocks come in, Armory seems to stop picking up new blocks even though Core keeps chugging along. No messages on the command line. When I close, I have to force quit. The blocks seem to be picked up upon restart.

Try to narrow it down. I'll try to reproduce on my end. Feel free to add verbose if you got an idea of where it's happening.

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:3741 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)

This is a false positive from the translation PR. I'm guessing it should set the default the first time, which it isn't doing.

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:2129 - ***WARNING: Wallet could not be loaded: /home/droark/.armory/testnet3/armory_22LowGmee_.WatchOnly.wallet (skipping)
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/Timer.py", line 99, in inner
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 2110, in readWalletFile
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 1997, in unpackHeader
  File "/home/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 1929, in unpackWalletFlags

That's quorum's MS wallets, don't cheat now =D
March 01, 2017, 10:25:01 PM
- There seems to be some sort of repo cloning issue. Every time I've cloned onto my Ubuntu VM, the FCGI subproject never downloads. I got around it by manually downloading the code and copying it over. Still, something's up, and I'm not sure what it is. (OSX is fine.)
When you clone, run
Code:
git submodule init
git submodule update
to get the fcgi submodule

Thanks. That did the trick. I wonder if there's a way to update this. Anyway....

These errors are fixed in dev

Thanks. Seems like dev is getting a bit more stable. There are still some problems on Linux, though. (I've been sending some testnet coins throughout the day.)

- While it's just a wild hunch, I suspect the C++ and Python wallet code is out of sync. Is there any way to reset the C++ side, similar to Rebuild & Rescan? (I typically just nuke the DB directory and let Armory rebuild.)
- I'm still seeing a couple of errors on the command line.

Code:

Code:
legendary
Armory Developer
March 01, 2017, 03:05:05 PM
Should the git submodule update command not produce some delta feedback in respect of the changes ? I got a new prompt with nothing. Do I need to make clean first?

It should. I'm not an expert with submodules though, first time trying it.

There are other ways to get the submodules to update with a command from the top most repo:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1030169/easy-way-pull-latest-of-all-submodules

Otherwise, the "brute force" method is to git pull in the submodule repo. Once I'll more familiar with it I'll update the readme with the most convenient method.

That line just means the client successfully probed the ip:port you gave it for a listening socket and won't start a local DB.

Do you have some python or C++ in you?

EDIT: also please detail your setup. If you dont have any coding in you, I'll make you a separate branch with extra verbose in there for you to paste back here.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
March 01, 2017, 11:31:35 AM
Did you run
Code:
git submodule init
git submodule update
before attempting to build? If not, do that first.

That did the trick, thank you.
It all ran through smoothly, as far as I can see.
I now get a GUI, but only a rotating wheel:

Code:
python /opt/BitcoinArmory/ArmoryQt.py --armorydb-ip=192.168.0.1 --armorydb-port=9001

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:1230 - Error getting system details:
  File "/opt/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 1228, in
    SystemSpecs = GetSystemDetails()
  File "/opt/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 1223, in GetSystemDetails
    out.HddAvailB = getHddSize(BTC_HOME_DIR)    / (1024**3)
  File "/opt/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 1220, in getHddSize
    s = os.statvfs(adir)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/.bitcoin/'
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:1231 - Skipping.
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:3741 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
(WARNING) ArmoryQt.py:1790 - DB is already running
-ERROR - 1488381598: (DataObject.h:285) exhausted entries in Arguments object
-ERROR - 1488381598: (SwigClient.cpp:61) exhausted entries in Arguments object

Cheers,

Ente
legendary
March 01, 2017, 08:23:30 AM

Edit: some idiot forgot to git checkout dev before loading the submodule. Move along...
legendary
Armory Developer
March 01, 2017, 03:04:45 AM
Should be good now. Make sure to make clean and autogen again, quite a lot of stuff has changed. Also make sure the submodule is up to date.
staff
Just writing some code
February 28, 2017, 08:22:42 PM
--snip--
Are you using the latest dev? If so, I think it is currently unstable. Goatpig was working on some fixes to the socket (related to that dblog error you posted) and I don't think they are completely done yet (something about edge cases).
legendary
February 28, 2017, 07:41:35 PM
Can't test the new fixes, the main transaction window and balances are blank. Block height reads "Offline"

Code:
BDM is ready!
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4797, in handleCppNotification
    self.finishLoadBlockchainGUI()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2437, in finishLoadBlockchainGUI
    self.createCombinedLedger()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2510, in createCombinedLedger
    totalFunds += wlt.getBalance('Total')
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'int' and 'SwigPyObject'

File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4797, in handleCppNotification
    self.finishLoadBlockchainGUI()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2437, in finishLoadBlockchainGUI
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/armorymodels.py", line 81, in data
    dispStr = coin2str(bal, maxZeros=2)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 1322, in coin2str
    nBtc = float(nSatoshi) / float(ONE_BTC)
TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number

File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 1322, in coin2str

A new block arrives, and kicks the main tx window into life, tx details don't work. Still no balances. Block height is still "Offline"

Code:
New Block:  455196
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4825, in handleCppNotification

File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4825, in handleCppNotification

swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'uint64_t *', no destructor found.

The memory leak error is repeated hundreds of times, edited for brevity

Edit: dbLog.txt has this as the last line, the rest is normal stuff I believe

Code:
-ERROR - 1488326155: (BitcoinP2P.cpp:926) caught SocketError exception in processDataStackThread: POLLNVAL in readFromSocketThread
staff
Just writing some code
February 28, 2017, 07:14:36 PM
I just tried to install the dev branch.
After pulling, changing branch to dev and installing a few new dependencies, I did
sh autogen.sh
./configure
make

make gives me
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory'
Making all in cppForSwig
make[2]: Entering directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig'
Making all in lmdb
make[3]: Entering directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/lmdb'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/lmdb'
Making all in fcgi
make[3]: Entering directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/fcgi'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'all'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/fcgi'
Makefile:1453: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig'
Makefile:417: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/BitcoinArmory'
Makefile:348: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I wouldn't be surprised if I messed something up with dependencies and all, but can't make much sense out of that error.
Running on debian 8 by the way.

Cheers,

Ente
Did you run
Code:
git submodule init
git submodule update
before attempting to build? If not, do that first.
Pages:
Jump to: