Pages:
Author

Topic: 🚀 0xUniverse - Revolutionary Blockchain-Based Space Game (Version 4.4) 🌎 - page 3. (Read 19426 times)

copper member
Activity: 179
Merit: 0

Happy Space Halloween!

First off, don’t hesitate to join our currently run giveaway: https://gleam.io/vtEZY/0xuniverse-halloween-giveaway ! And, second, expect another special event to start soon.

P.S. Feel free to ask questions during our next Q&A tomorrow at 19-00 GMT.

copper member
copper member

Q&A will take place on November 1, 19-00 GMT in our Discord channel.

copper member

Here comes the promo event we are taking part in together with Dapp.com and OpenSea! Meet the Dapp.com Special NFT Auction - read this article below to learn how to participate and grab some epic planets.

copper member
I am unsure why I did not here about this. Last year there was this other game called galaxy and also with planets but you harvest from them with robot miners.

I like the music in the game and the graphics for the planets and the doge doggie. There is no real guide though so I had to go and find one. Shopping in the app takes too long and is too slow to scroll down so I used https://opensea.io/category/0xuniverse which you should add a link to in the post.

How do I backup and import my wallet though?

Hey, thank you for your attention to 0xUniverse. 🚀

1. Keep in mind that main market is on 0xUniverse official website. You can't list your planets on Opensea and on 0xUniverse auction at the same time. So better check both markets.
You should join our Discord and you will learn a lot more about everything associated with this game.

2. If I understand you correctly to backup and import your MetaMask wallet you must have your 12 seed phrases.
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
I am unsure why I did not here about this. Last year there was this other game called galaxy and also with planets but you harvest from them with robot miners.

I like the music in the game and the graphics for the planets and the doge doggie. There is no real guide though so I had to go and find one. Shopping in the app takes too long and is too slow to scroll down so I used https://opensea.io/category/0xuniverse which you should add a link to in the post.

How do I backup and import my wallet though?
copper member

Update 3.0.3 is live!

Changelog:

- Storing the actual state of planets' resources as well as spaceships' blueprints is now being done on the game server, as we mentioned before. That means:

1) You don't have to make transactions to invent ships
2) The blockchain transactions of launching ships and finding new planets require less GAS
3) Calculation of knowledge and resources is now more accurate
4) Our public API now shows the actual state of planet resources
5) The most important thing here: this update allows the team to implement buildings, battles, using black holes etc (the old architecture did not allow this)

- Also. The auction auto-cancellation function has been removed as it caused inconvenience and misunderstanding for many players. From now on the way it works is: you can now buy a planet after its auction has expired - the way 0xWarriors and 0xRacers work, and the cancellation will have to be done manually (this had to be done also because of the resource function changes).

- Other stuff:

1) The planet screen now displays icons showing whether a planet is available for rent. Also you will see whether a planet is full on resources
2) Another boost to 0xU promotion: Axies' owners will see their tokens inhabiting the planets too, so the kitties and cuties won't be alone. Hope to see more players joining after that!
3) Bug fixes and UI improvements
4) Mobile version updated

P.S. Do not forget to clear browser cache.

copper member

Some recent news for explorers:

- the new interview with a crypto media.
- another event where 0xU will take part, most likely with Dapp.com
- optimization updates (just to clarify here: they are still needed for Corps and Wars of Corps to work properly).
- Also, mind you, Halloween is coming. A unique prize is being hand-crafted already
- Q/A may happen closer to the end of October

copper member

1. 0xGames team has published (open-sourced) the token contract on etherscan today! Anyone can have a look now.

https://etherscan.io/viewsvg?t=1&a=0x06a6a7af298129e3a2ab396c9c06f91d3c54aba8

2. A piece of news you may already know about (but still Cointelegraph's coverage is always welcome):

https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/space-galaxy-gets-kitties-and-cuties-as-0xgames-consider-new-partners

copper member

Friday news, everyone. Better not miss it Wink :

Given the current ETH network load with its high gas prices and, subsequently, the ensuing unplayability of 0xUniverse, the team decided to push through the optimization update that Sergey mentioned during the past Q&A. The estimated timeline is about 1-2 weeks (actually it could come before I go on vacation, which is next week, or right after I return - in early October).

So what will it bring along?

As some of you may know, the inventions were previously partly moved to the game server to make it possible to invent ship 16, 17, etc. it helped many players but still occasionally requires much gas. So:

- firstly, we’ll see inventions getting moved to the game server completely to resolve the high consumption issue there;

- secondly, as was discussed already, the launching function (or simply ship launches) will be partly moved to the game server as well. That is too expected to alleviate the gas consumption problems. Mind you, guys, the calculation algorithms will still be on the blockchain;

- thirdly, due to the coming changes to the inventions&launches, the auction cancellation algorithm will change a bit too becoming more transparent and more similar to the way auctions work in 0xR and 0xW. What it means is that planets being auctioned will, after the update, remain on sale with their final price displayed until they are either bought or taken off manually. Again, this will happen due to the coming changes to launches which - the way they currently work - take planets off the auction along with the transactions.

Moreover, another piece of news that many may welcome. The team has decided to make the token smart contract public. I can’t say for sure as to when but it will be open-sourced for more transparency and to satisfy long-standing community requests. So stay tuned to learn more about that!
And one more thing. As was stated during the Q&A, the team is considering other chains as part of the solution to scalability and gas consumption as well as to pave the way for the next big updates, especially the ‘expansion beyond into newer galaxies’ one (which has been in the public roadmap for quite a while). Right now Matic is one of the side-chains that we are having negotiations with. NEO could come as well, however the team would like to run a poll about which other chains our community considers the best candidates for future integrations. If you want to participate into poll please visit our Discord.

P.S. The buildings update should be the next one after this midterm optimization update comes along.

copper member

While gas prices are being pricey and while things are getting developed and optimized, there is a tiny news digest for you guys:

- 0xR and 0xW still got their CryptoGamingPool giveaways going whereas the 0xUniverse one successfully ended a few days ago and the prizes were handed out already;
- There came requests for Axies to get their own space home planets, so as was mentioned before, they could appear in the future to get more players engaged from the Axie community;
- Dapp.com will soon be getting ready for a new event and 0xUniverse may participate (stay tuned);
- Another interview with a new crypto media is looming so we hope to share something new soon.

copper member

Summary on yesterday’s Q&A:

- The issue with the ETH volatility affecting the game may have 2 solutions: (a) most complex calculations for certain gas-demanding functions will happen on the game server with the final result on the blockchain and (b) talking to and examining new blockchains for potential integration beyond our known galaxy. With that said, LOOM and WAX are not yet being considered but Matik might be though. EOS is very difficult to figure out for new players and for now is out of the question for 0xUni. Steem will be examined

- Planets will get an icon to show when they are full on resources

- Future partnerships will include NEO for 0xR and 0xW, possibly for 0xU. Also Axies may get added the same way as Cuties

- As Sergey mentioned before, 0xBattleships is going to be restarted and have its concepts redesigned with the team looking for a new investor for it

- On buildings in general: players will be able to build factories on planets which will produce a resource important for the construction of a combat fleet. There will be several types of buildings (factories, decorations, etc.). Planets will be sold along with buildings. Buildings for fleet construction will take more time to be implemented. The idea about a building for a different game (CK house) could be introduced. Only corporations will be able to have combat fleets. That special resource will be sold separately from the planets. Purple resources will be useful for the construction of buildings. Buildings are expected to come this year

copper member

I want to remind you that: the Q/A starts today, 19-00 GMT on our Discord

Feel free to ask your questions for developers.

copper member
copper member

Update 2.3.0 change log:

- ‘Hypermarket’ has been introduced. It allows players to get planet bundles for USD via PayPal/CardPay in the web version and Apple Pay/Google Pay on mobile devices. Please note that the Hypermarket won’t be competing against the current game Auction as the prices there are higher. It has been implemented to allow new players, who aren’t familiar with blockchain and don’t have crypto, to start playing the game. The team considers the introduction of USD payments to be a vital step towards significantly growing the total player base. Please mind, there is a 10k limit for the FIAT planets. Afterwards, the UEG will be buying planets from the Auction to sell to the new fiat players.
- Web client optimization: it should now load much faster!
- The in-game notifications system now offers a convenient way of monitoring the status of several transactions at the same time.
- Arkane registration doesn’t require new players to manually type in their email and nickname.
- CryptoKitties and BlockchainCuties integration. Yes. You can now see your cuties and kitties enjoying their furry lives on your 0xUniverse planets.

Android should be updated within the day. iOS may take up to 3 days.

Please clear the browser cache for the web to be able to play, if any issues should arise after the update.

P.S. Q&A confirmed: this Thursday, 19-00 GMT on our Discord

copper member
copper member

Our thanks to dgaming for a nice festival write-up!

copper member

https://nonfungible.com/blog/blockchain-gaming-markets-overview-s1-2019

A neat and comprehensive market overview by Nonfungible. Have a look! Some major points of the overview concerning 0xU:

- the community of 0xUniverse has also been growing steadily since the beginning of the year, from around 600 active addresses / week to more than 2,000 at the end of June.

- MyCryptoHeroes, CryptoKitties and 0xUniverse account for a little over 65% of all the transactions of the 178 projects analyzed, confirming the dominant position of these games.

copper member

The dGaming sales festival started today! Being a partner of this event, we have a spot for all our games. To be more precise, 0xUniverse will have its own dGaming day: September 1st!

copper member

Yes Sir,

You can always check https://dappradar.com/rankings/protocol/ethereum/category/games or https://www.dapp.com/dapps/Ethereum

Also you can join our Discord and check bot's history of purchases and etc...

Thanks a lot for this, I see in the stats that active users have been generally increasing more or less over the months, but planet & similar token prices are steadily dropping

on the in-game market, do you have any plans to counteract this ? Because I believe the original assumption was that the in-game assets would increase in price as more and

more players engage with the game; however just the opposite seems to be happening...

Soon it will be new updates, in my opinion it will help increase things in game's economy...
Pages:
Jump to: