Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 BTC = 100.000 to 1 million is a possibility in 2035 - page 2. (Read 7557 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
I do not know and cannot agree with you on that.  It is too high.  But I would not deny that there is a possibility that it could happen.  If ever it will happen we are the luckiest people on Earth.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
prediction not realistic and not accurate
i think is very imposible and never bitcoin can up and reach until price one milon dollar or 100.000 dollar
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015
I think this prediction is too optimistic.
Lots of miracles shoul happen in cryptoworld, plus lots of nightmares shoul happen in financial world to see this.
Not impossible but highly unlikely for short term.

Indeed way too optimistic lol it would never ever even reach 5k if you ask me so for him to say 100k to a million is way impossible and too enthusiastic.
We should look out for prices like 1k, that's the next goal to hit stable.
1k is a good price. They are just over dreaming and like others said not the same thing will happen every halving. Million price is impossible. Were not saying this because we dont like that price we're just saying it because were just being realistic.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I think this prediction is too optimistic.
Lots of miracles shoul happen in cryptoworld, plus lots of nightmares shoul happen in financial world to see this.
Not impossible but highly unlikely for short term.

Indeed way too optimistic lol it would never ever even reach 5k if you ask me so for him to say 100k to a million is way impossible and too enthusiastic.
We should look out for prices like 1k, that's the next goal to hit stable.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Useless bullshit prediction.
Yeah it is impossible to predict the value of the Bitcoin in the future so do not get your hopes up because nothing is guaranteeing that it will happen.
Sell while you can because you might be let down if you are going to wait for 2035.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
Yeah I thinks also it is possible if there many investor holding their coin if many investor trusted bitcoin as a new currency world wide, I don't see any reason it won't happen in 2035. But it's only expeculation for now.
Not sure because it is to hard to predict the future of the Bitcoin because so much can happen within the mean time.
We do not a long time before the value is able to be that high so maybe it can happen with in 2035.
For now bitcoin still not so popular and i think more adoption are needed for more impression to people if they discover bitcoin more potencial to grow users fast.. 1m for bitcoin its impossible to think that it will happen in the future.. but if we are lucky that bitcoin will also accepting locally expect that the price will nearly reach that price in 2035.
Activity: 714
Yeah I thinks also it is possible if there many investor holding their coin if many investor trusted bitcoin as a new currency world wide, I don't see any reason it won't happen in 2035. But it's only expeculation for now.
Not sure because it is to hard to predict the future of the Bitcoin because so much can happen within the mean time.
We do not a long time before the value is able to be that high so maybe it can happen with in 2035.
Activity: 728
I don't think that it is even possible to happen ever. We are going to have new type of modern life where most things will be digital even currencies of states in some form. Bitcoin will be just part of new financial system and will be huge thing to see its price even touching $ 5000. It is leader now at this moment but imagine what will be when in market many states backed currencies will be as well.
I know that most people want this to happened and me to but I have to stay realistic and i do not think that the Bitcoin is ever going to be that high.
I am also not going to wait that long, I will be long gone before 2035 to happen. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
In the end, speculation is just a speculation. Halving isn't the real reason why bitcoin price raising up.
Without mass adoption or at least billionaire who interested in bitcoin, there's no way bitcoin price could reach that high.
I know one billionaire "bill gates" i have heard that he have also invested in bitcoin and blockchain startups. You may be correct in some of your statement but i don't completely agree on you, halving could be really a reason for price pump in near future as it will limit the supply. While bitcoin adoption is now growing worldwide, so demand will never be going down from now on.
]Dont think that amount will come our way because 2035 you will never know what will happen but whwat i do know is that we are never going to touch that amount of gold each bitcoin.

Yup, indeed the future cannot know with certainty. There is no something which can predict the future, we can only guess and could not give a definite answer whether it was right or wrong. Better working on what we're doing rather than having to think about it, because it can make us not focus on goals that are already full
Activity: 350
In the end, speculation is just a speculation. Halving isn't the real reason why bitcoin price raising up.
Without mass adoption or at least billionaire who interested in bitcoin, there's no way bitcoin price could reach that high.
I know one billionaire "bill gates" i have heard that he have also invested in bitcoin and blockchain startups. You may be correct in some of your statement but i don't completely agree on you, halving could be really a reason for price pump in near future as it will limit the supply. While bitcoin adoption is now growing worldwide, so demand will never be going down from now on.
]Dont think that amount will come our way because 2035 you will never know what will happen but whwat i do know is that we are never going to touch that amount of gold each bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Bravity is beautiful.
This is never gonna happen in my entire life, its just not possible, its like a wet dream that would come true.
Its just that the bitcoin future is good but not so good, its an insane amount.
Activity: 434

Bitcoin is rising? I don't think so...
It's stable and will be stable for more years, maybe the next halving can increase the price, or not.

I'd be surprised if it stayed on top after another four years of nothing. There'll be ever sexier and cleverer competition.  Even if it's technically shaky most people are only here for the dollars so they'd chase that.

Hmmm hard to say... Bitcoin can be obsolete or will always be the gold of cryptocurrencies?
Let's bet on some alts, the future is comming, let's wait for a new great project...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
I would be VERY surprised if Bitcoin was still in use in 2035.
There will be cryptocurrencies, but I feel like by then we will be on the second or third generation of coins.
It would be great if BTC was still around, but you would probably need some kind of fork to keep up with newer technologies to still be in use in another twenty years.

bitcoin is programmable, it's a protocol, like the internet.

We still use 'the same' internet as we did in the 90's. With that I mean we use a protocol that has been improved over the years. Nothing is the same about the internet we have now and the internet we had in the 90's, except the name.

No one noticed any changes because the changes were gradual, but the internet improved.

Bitcoin can do the same, as long as the developers don't fuck it up (which they seem to be doing now, and people seem to be migrating to alts).

I'm not worried about bitcoins possibilities, but I am worried about bitcoin Cripple Core.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

Yes, much more money is needed to move the price from $100 to $1000 than it is to move from $1 to $10, but you forget that the growth of users grows exponentially as well.

And with more users, comes more money.

That's the real brute of a task. Despite all the wonderfulness I can't see much evidence of a huge upswell of users. It's pootling along nicely but a powerful rise needs more than a pootle.

that's probably because of the 18 month long blocksize debate which is still going on.

once that debate is settled, people should regain confidence.

I hate to repeat myself, but this thing is one of the most often issues misunderstood in this forum. it is a completely different ball game to grow your share from $.01 to  $1, than from $100 to $10k although it is 100 fold growth each time. The scaling effect is something people completely forget about.

and here you are wrong again.

Yes, much more money is needed to move the price from $100 to $1000 than it is to move from $1 to $10, but you forget that the growth of users grows exponentially as well.

And with more users, comes more money.
It is not that easy. It seems you are yet another one who forgets how really exponential function works. Exponential growths in nature are not sustainable in the long run. Take any example you want and you will see that at some stage you run out of resources to sustain the exponential run (e.g., bacterias are growing exponentialy, or nearly that fast, as long as there is enough food to sustain their colony). I really recommend watching TEDTalks video on exponential function, to understand how fast it grows and how difficult is to keep its pace.
Same law applies to Bitcoin. At one stage you run out of new people bringing new money to keep the things going.

I'm an engineer, you don't need to teach me about exponential functions.

But maybe you could learn something from these charts.

This is what growth looks like (multiple examples so it's not just a fluke).

it's called rogers bell curve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_adoption_life_cycle

Now apply Metcalfes law to the exponential increase in users

and the result is something like this:

or this

of course, it can't go on forever, so it will stop somewhere (when it reaches saturation)

If we can just solve the ongoing debate, we can work on getting more users to adopt bitcoin (of course, we need to make room on the chain first, instead of keeping the blocksize limited to 1MB)

With the next influx of new users (once the blocksize debate is finally settled after more than 18 months) we will see another one like that. It's inevitable.

If bitcoin gains more users than it currently has, the only way to do it is like it has done before. History and math have proven it time and time again.

You know the definition of insanity right? Expecting different results from the same procedure?

Well guess what, you are expecting different results from the same procedure.
Activity: 434
I would be VERY surprised if Bitcoin was still in use in 2035.
There will be cryptocurrencies, but I feel like by then we will be on the second or third generation of coins.
It would be great if BTC was still around, but you would probably need some kind of fork to keep up with newer technologies to still be in use in another twenty years.
SkyFall
i think you are lifing in a dream becuase ok 2035 is allong way but do you all really think that th ebitcoin is ging ot hit the amount of that 100.000 dollar each bitcoin that is many ways to much off course, trhat is not relevant.

This is a price that isnot going to happen. Not now, not in 10 years or even in 2035. Bitcoin's potential is huge but Bitcoin is not an altcoin anymore. 1000% profit in 1 day... Not going to happen. Those days are over. Finally.
Activity: 244
i think you are lifing in a dream becuase ok 2035 is allong way but do you all really think that th ebitcoin is ging ot hit the amount of that 100.000 dollar each bitcoin that is many ways to much off course, trhat is not relevant.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
If you think that it would be happened in future, than i suggest you, you should hold only 1 BTC, because as you said and as you think that bitcoin might be go up too much.
But i think better is that we should live in present, and see whats going on. Recently Halving has gone, and a huge people have predict about bitcoin that bitcoin would be cross $ 1000 to $1200, but i never see anything, So now see what is now in bitcoin and try to make profit with it.     

No one said that Bitcoin will reach $1000+ immediately at or after halving.
No idea where you got that from, but I say this is not true.The majority here was fully aware that coming close to the old ATH will take us a few more months.Furthermore the BitFinex hack had made things more complicated and we probably wouldn't have dropped that much because each hack creates fear and uncertainty.
But we have rehabilitated pretty quick and it looks like we are back on track.
Furthermore a few people also said after halving the difficulty will drop significantly as mining would become less valueable.
And look what has happened.It's moving up!!!

My point is to stay patient and give it a few more months and we may see the first attempts of touching the 4 figures again.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht

Bitcoin is rising? I don't think so...
It's stable and will be stable for more years, maybe the next halving can increase the price, or not.

I'd be surprised if it stayed on top after another four years of nothing. There'll be ever sexier and cleverer competition.  Even if it's technically shaky most people are only here for the dollars so they'd chase that.
Pages:
Jump to: