Pages:
Author

Topic: 10 main mistakes of Bitcoin newbies - page 3. (Read 20901 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
July 08, 2017, 09:03:09 AM
Bitcoin's popularity is growing just like crazy and nobody understand what is it and how it works, people just want fast profit, but the chance to buy cheap today and become reach in 3-5 years is gone, bitcoin costs a lot today, but this fact doesn't stop people to invest in whatever. All this ICOs are making their profit on people's greediness. I think that is the main mistake of a newbie. There is no way to become rich fast on crypto-currencies. I recommend to all newbies to read and read and one more read before to make any decidion about investment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
July 08, 2017, 08:43:31 AM
How to secure your address and other accounts should be added here. Security is one of the main problem that I've encountered as a newbie. Last month I've lost a handful of coins when my wallet was breached/hacked because lack of security and knowledge. Second thing is how to detect/know if a website you're entering is not a scam/phising site. I've been also a victim of phising sites so always be careful on opening links everywhere.

Thanks for this because I have never thought of securing my address! The article is was really insightful as well. I learned most of what I know about Bitcoin from various sources and this article had the basics. I wish I read this before I started on Bitcoin, but at least now I know. I hope to be wiser on my Bitcoin choices and investments.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
July 08, 2017, 08:36:59 AM
This article have missed to cover about low fee newbies used to put to save cost on payments leading unconfirmed transaction for many hours. That will make them panic about bitcoin and they will start blaming bitcoin network for it and some may even opt out from the idea of using bitcoin again.  Grin
Beginners are always enough coins and therefore any savings is substantial. It's worth it to wait a few hours or even days. To pay a single transaction some of them have 1-2 days to click on the different taps.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
July 08, 2017, 08:30:28 AM
Hi, with price soaring and newbies joining I found useful sharing this miniguide.
Hope this is appreciated

http://immutable.today/10-mistakes-bitcoin-newbies/
Nice and well thought out piece of writing.
Some of the mistakes you mentioned are not limited to bitcoin newbies but even pro make these mistakes like Trading any random Altcoin or buying at sudden price rise.
Anyway I appreciate your efforts in putting this up and hope nobody make these mistakes Smiley

Altcoins themselves are a mistake.

But the first one is no longer a mistake it's more like a trend.
I doubt there are more than 10% on this forum that hold their coins in their own wallets.
I read a thread where for two pages everybody was using  blockchian,coinbase xapo and so on
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
July 08, 2017, 12:18:34 AM
Probably the biggest mistake that newbies make is that they think they can get rich with bitcoin quickly and the problem with that is they risk to get scammed by people that will lure them to think that it is easy to get riches with bitcoin.

There is no shortcut of getting Rich, not even with bitcoins. Newbie should realize that although there are lots of methods to earn bitcoins but they demand hard work and none of them  will  make them rich without any efforts.
Activity: 686
July 08, 2017, 12:04:50 AM
Probably the biggest mistake that newbies make is that they think they can get rich with bitcoin quickly and the problem with that is they risk to get scammed by people that will lure them to think that it is easy to get riches with bitcoin.
Activity: 553
July 07, 2017, 11:58:47 PM
nice article, did all that when i started using and investing bitcoin.
Yes true, investing bitcoin is very profitable and we had hope for success by purchasing the bitcoin, I think it's not too late to keep getting profit from bitcoin as prices will continue to rise.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
July 07, 2017, 09:58:07 PM
How to secure your address and other accounts should be added here. Security is one of the main problem that I've encountered as a newbie. Last month I've lost a handful of coins when my wallet was breached/hacked because lack of security and knowledge. Second thing is how to detect/know if a website you're entering is not a scam/phising site. I've been also a victim of phising sites so always be careful on opening links everywhere.
Activity: 284
July 07, 2017, 06:32:56 PM
nice article, did all that when i started using and investing bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
July 07, 2017, 11:17:45 AM
I think newbies get attracted to bitcoin because they think of it as "get rich quick scheme" but then they lose it all. If you do your research, you can save yourselves lot of headache later on. Every question regarding bitcoin has been answered so newbies shouldn't have any trouble at all.
Everyone in this world wants to become rich as soon as possible. So, as a newbie your first main focus is to earn more bitcoins. After some passage of time they will realize that it is not that simple after that they will get more knowledge about it. Failures are the best teachers which can help you to overcome and face any situation.

This is generally a Bitcoin 101 course. And while it is really introductory, many of us who are here for quite a while already are quite surprised at how the article gives us new knowledge about it.

The article made almost everything simple for anyone into bitcoin.
That is the power of this community and success of this forum. Unfortunately newbie are not showing interests on reading here rather than they just focus on writing more number of posts and this must be the reasons those mistakes keep persisting.
Activity: 663
July 05, 2017, 11:54:35 PM
This is generally a Bitcoin 101 course. And while it is really introductory, many of us who are here for quite a while already are quite surprised at how the article gives us new knowledge about it.

The article made almost everything simple for anyone into bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
July 05, 2017, 11:49:45 PM
Some newbie just don't know what to do for the first time because of some don't have a full knowledge on bitcoin, but we all are the same, we also start as a newbie so I think we all do all this 10 mistakes that the author describe on his blog.
Also these were not mistakes, but the lack of understanding and over expectation. When it comes to the term bitcoin, it's all about money and we can earn this quick and make ourselves rich. Most users have this thinking at the early days. The same cause them to get trapped on several scams and other fraudsters.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
July 05, 2017, 11:40:50 PM
Some newbie just don't know what to do for the first time because of some don't have a full knowledge on bitcoin, but we all are the same, we also start as a newbie so I think we all do all this 10 mistakes that the author describe on his blog.
Activity: 423
July 05, 2017, 08:15:34 PM
Hi, with price soaring and newbies joining I found useful sharing this miniguide.
Hope this is appreciated

http://immutable.today/10-mistakes-bitcoin-newbies/
This is totally great that there is a site for newbies in bitcoin industry. With the help of this site article, many people especially those who are new in this can be oriented of the do's and dont's in this kind of cryptocurrency where we belong. By this they can be aware of everything that they will do and have a basis if they are doing the wrong or right thing. We must thank the provided or creator of this article because he make a way to make awareness not just for the newbies but also for the other ranks.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
July 05, 2017, 07:58:52 PM
Another aspect of newbie is that they think bitcoin is for rich only and difficult to earn or collect. Yes, because you cannot have it if you do not know. I guess there is no need to know if what class you came from all you need is to know how to get it. Because for me I am not in the middle class but I am not poor enough to classified as poor so I guess no need to know your life status to know bitcoin and have it.
The thing is to realize the Newbie that bitcoin can be earned or collected by the poor also even though it is very expensive.
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
July 05, 2017, 07:47:34 PM
Mistake : simple those who are not patient and just sell of their btc when they think its crashing
This is the biggest mistake and time will teach them how to hold bitcoin and being rich with bitcoin. I think the second biggest mistake is that they do not very care about the private key. Private key is very important to bitcoin holder

I think everyone experience this one, when we all new here we are really so afraid and let our emotion to control us but this is a good lesson to learned. Sometimes we need to experience this early in your career for you to become stronger the next time you encounter things like this.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
July 05, 2017, 07:33:39 PM
Many newbies to come since more and more people knowing about cryptos.
Activity: 906
Merit: 263
July 05, 2017, 07:21:48 PM
I the the most important thing anyone can do for themselves would be to always make sure they keep backups online and offline of Soo their wallets. You never want to lose coins. It happens often to people. I admit it has happened to me. Sad Never take chances, it's just not worth it at all.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
July 05, 2017, 07:14:05 PM
I think newbies get attracted to bitcoin because they think of it as "get rich quick scheme" but then they lose it all. If you do your research, you can save yourselves lot of headache later on. Every question regarding bitcoin has been answered so newbies shouldn't have any trouble at all.
Any person that enters a market with that kind of mentality when he does not know anything about it, is just going to get into trouble with scammers that will try to get advantage of him, since there are many scammers that are looking for people like that, people that want to double their money in a matter of days.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
July 05, 2017, 08:17:27 AM
For beginners bitcoin players error is reasonable, the first mistake is less patient and trader always panic on market.. Often experience losses due to lack of experience .. But that's reasonable because all successful people are learning from failure ..
Pages:
Jump to: