Pages:
Author

Topic: 10 years of Bitcointalk (and Bitcoin) (Read 586 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 309
Bitcoin Halving Year 🎗️🎭
April 26, 2023, 06:15:50 AM
Congratulations @joker_josue
I have a lot of respect and love for you. You have spent a lot of time on this Bitcointalk forum for over 10 years. We are very happy to have a Legends person like you. You have done a lot for this forum for 10 years and you have a very good attitude. Surely you are a well-known person in this forum and it means a lot to us to have someone as intelligent and wise as you in this forum. Many congratulations and best wishes to you once again.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 25, 2023, 01:56:33 PM
I just completed 10 years of Bitcointalk, and in turn 10 years since I...
Congratulations joker_josue sir, no wonder this forum is full of opportunities to grow like we can learn and earn along with fun. Haha. I have spent around 2+ years on this forum at the start i was like involved only in bounties and my mentality was that i have no merits so i cannot post in other sections, idk why i thought that but when i came to know that there is a local community and when i posted there and got one merit, it changes all of my thoughts and the way i take this forum. From then i started to spend some time so i can learn more about it. As you said, sometimes we are away and sometimes we are spending lot of time on it.

I was also not that good in English before I joined this forum but when i started to contribute to this forum (by replying) my English automatically improved and i can write easily. I know it's still not that good but better than before. I congrtaz you again for your 10 years on this forum it's really encouraging too.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
April 24, 2023, 06:58:44 PM
Congratulations to you mate happy we got to cross paths in these 10 years hope you won't be slowing  down anytime  soon as we await for another 10 years to be put in lol .
Btw this is proof that your  belief in cryprocurrencies has remained unshaken and still intact, I guess the future of crypto is bright...

That's an impressive achievement. Registering an account for almost a decade won't be an achievement. But You have written almost 10K(9864) posts in ten years—986 Posts per year and 82 Posts per month on average. Your Contribution to the forum is remarkable.
Almost 10k posts thats an achievement and btw that 82 posts per month is below average based on what the joker  can do atm and seems not to be slowly down anytime soon...Is the Joker human  @joker_josue  Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 390
April 24, 2023, 12:19:02 PM
I just completed 10 years of Bitcointalk, and in turn 10 years since I entered the world of bitcoin.
Congratulations on spending 10 years on this BitcoinTalk forum. You are a legend on this forum. There are many legends that we don't know well. But you are totally different from them you are really well known person in this forum. Your contributions to this forum are especially appreciated. You have always tried your best to move this forum forward with dignity. You have always made some updates for this forum. We are still waiting to receive forum update information from you. People make mistakes but you are not wrong in my eyes. I wish you good health and long life. May you spend the rest of your life beautifully.

I just wonder on the magnitude of accomplishment he would have made althrough this period, ten years is not ten days or ten months, i am very sure he wouldn't be able to name or count on several achievement he had made with bitcoin and on bitcointalk, he's such an early bird and i count it a great privilege he maximize because many have thesame opportunity ten years back but didn't make use of it, instead they doubted the whole process and give up trying, i also look onto getting there and beyond both with bitcoin and on bitcointalk.
Activity: 518
Merit: 547
April 24, 2023, 01:05:44 AM
Registering an account for almost a decade won't be an achievement. But You have written almost 10K(9864) posts in ten years—986 Posts per year and 82 Posts per month on average.
Good point--length of membership is not even close in terms of importance as activity (at least on this forum; and then there's also the yardstick of merits).  Good 'ol joker_josue making just over 10k posts is pretty damn impressive. 
Yeah, I said that because there are a bunch of inactive accounts. They just signed up and then forgot that they have a Bitcointalk account. There are other scenarios as well. People signed up, and they login here and read posts as well. But they feel like they don't have anything to share anymore. Take sirius as an example. He was active this month (In terms of Login date). But the last post he wrote was back in 2014. He did not write a single word in the last eight years. His activity is the same as Satoshi's. The only difference is that we don't know if Satoshi is alive.

I just checked BPIP and he ranks 137th for most posts, and if you consider the mind-blowing number of members bitcointalk has, that's something to brag about in a bar....where nobody will know what the hell he's talking about.  Lol.
I see some old forum members use weird terms I never heard of. I don't know many things even though I have been here for a few years. I don't know the secret of Foxpup's Merit Cycling Club. I don't know why Foxpup is paying for wearing avatars. I don't know enough about Thick Daddy, The Rusty Pipe and many more.

Activity: 994
Merit: 441
April 21, 2023, 05:54:05 PM
I just completed 10 years of Bitcointalk, and in turn 10 years since I entered the world of bitcoin.
Congratulations on spending 10 years on this BitcoinTalk forum. You are a legend on this forum. There are many legends that we don't know well. But you are totally different from them you are really well known person in this forum. Your contributions to this forum are especially appreciated. You have always tried your best to move this forum forward with dignity. You have always made some updates for this forum. We are still waiting to receive forum update information from you. People make mistakes but you are not wrong in my eyes. I wish you good health and long life. May you spend the rest of your life beautifully.
Activity: 896
Merit: 645
April 21, 2023, 11:00:54 AM
10years is such a long time, that's almost half of a kids life to get to adulthood and although, the seconds spent on the forum won't read your continual presence, your reg logs it in and its a lofty time for sure.

Your surely a known name on the forum but, I never took to note how long ago users have been attached and the fact that your still here shows your persistence and compliance with forum functionalities. We hope to reach this milestone some day and with our archivements in accumulations  (bitcoins) and bulk of knowledge to show how far we've come.

Keep inspiring champ, we hanging on still.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
April 21, 2023, 10:37:33 AM
Congrats on 10 years, OP!  I think 2013 is when bitcointalk first came on my radar, and I wish I'd been more aware of it back then--and bought a lot of it.  Here's hoping you backed up the truck in those days that were long before lockdowns, inflation, and a generally more miserable world.  If you did, I'm sitting hunched over at the keyboard in the greenest envy.

Unfortunately it could have done more. Embarrassed

It was a good time to buy and invest, but it was also a time of change in mining and everything was still pretty new for almost everyone. So, there were several types of voices that were sometimes difficult for those who had just arrived to make decisions.

Either way, I don't regret anything! I know I could have gone further, but that's okay. By the way, I only regret not having invested more in mining. I'm sorry, I followed the idea that GPU mining didn't pay off because of the ASIC.

But it's all an experience, and today the person is more prepared for what we have today and what we will have in the future.

PS.: I also regret having spent some periods outside the forum. But here we are now with everything.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
April 21, 2023, 08:29:20 AM
Registering an account for almost a decade won't be an achievement. But You have written almost 10K(9864) posts in ten years—986 Posts per year and 82 Posts per month on average.
Good point--length of membership is not even close in terms of importance as activity (at least on this forum; and then there's also the yardstick of merits).  Good 'ol joker_josue making just over 10k posts is pretty damn impressive.  I just checked BPIP and he ranks 137th for most posts, and if you consider the mind-blowing number of members bitcointalk has, that's something to brag about in a bar....where nobody will know what the hell he's talking about.  Lol.

Congrats on 10 years, OP!  I think 2013 is when bitcointalk first came on my radar, and I wish I'd been more aware of it back then--and bought a lot of it.  Here's hoping you backed up the truck in those days that were long before lockdowns, inflation, and a generally more miserable world.  If you did, I'm sitting hunched over at the keyboard in the greenest envy.
Activity: 728
Merit: 421
April 21, 2023, 08:06:39 AM
Congratulations on this successful milestone achieved. You are such a revered member here. You have contributed to this platform immensely and I commend your efforts to making sure things go right on this platform. This is a dream come true. I so much cherish this achievements and would also want to play the same route as you did to achieving this height here and I pray for the grace as I see it is not as I think it is. Your contributions speaks of great volume and it is still speaking for you here and it will continue to as it has a good effect on members and the platform.
Once again congratulations.
Activity: 560
Merit: 287
April 20, 2023, 10:21:14 AM
Congratulations on this impressive achievement. I chose the word impressive because you've just impressed me enough to look forward to your type of achievement after being a part of bitcoin and the bitcoin community for the past ten years and yet continuing to support and promote the use of bitcoin in your own unique way.

joker_josue is not a new name to me on the forum; I've seen your posts before, and I must commend your efforts to actively contribute to the forum. I hope to progress as far in this forum as you have, and then I'll celebrate my ten-year anniversary in a couple of years, just like you have. We’ll be waiting for your presentation to the forum in a few weeks.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
April 18, 2023, 02:46:24 AM
By the way, your account was registered in 2013 and noticed your profile had just earned 2013 merit. Here is the screenshot below, perhaps by the time you come online, it would have change if you earn merit.

Thanks for this capture, it really is a good combination:
> year of registration - 2013;
> number of merits - 2013 (at the same time that I am doing the 10 years of registration)
Activity: 756
Merit: 515
April 17, 2023, 07:45:45 PM
I just completed 10 years of Bitcointalk, and in turn 10 years since I entered the world of bitcoin. This topic aims to thank all members of this community, which gave me the possibility to know and learn more about this fantastic technology.

Your journey deserves a medal, I wonder how many days you will have spent online in the Forum, that's sharing almost part of your life here. Imagine watching bitcoin grows and fall multiple times, there are big stories to write about.

By the way, your account was registered in 2013 and noticed your profile had just earned 2013 merit. Here is the screenshot below, perhaps by the time you come online, it would have change if you earn merit.

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
April 17, 2023, 04:15:58 PM
So, next goal is 20 years here?
P.S. As I understand, website that you promoted in your very first post is still yours? Smiley

If I'm still here 10 years from now, I think that's an excellent sign for all of us! Wink

I found it curious, that you said that, it was so long ago, that I had to go check what the website was.
Yes, one of the sites is still mine: www.maisfacil.com  Cool
The other site mentioned is no longer mine. The project ended around 2015.

But within weeks, I will have a new website to present, thinking about Bitcointalk.  Wink Lips sealed Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
April 17, 2023, 03:45:45 PM
Congratulations! 10 years on Bitcointalk is big milestone. I never thought that you registered here so long time ago. It's probably because in past you weren't that active on English boards here, so, I didn't noticed you. When you signed up here in 2013, I probably heard word Bitcoin, but had no clue about it. So, next goal is 20 years here?
P.S. As I understand, website that you promoted in your very first post is still yours? Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 541
April 16, 2023, 11:17:27 AM
10 years, that's quite a long time. You're one of the few survivors on the forums and have been through all sorts of waves over the last 10 years. Everything you learn here is something that is not sold outside the forum, while you are here you have grown a lot thanks to the help of people in this community.
Then it's your turn to help the juniors and share with them the knowledge you've gained, this cycle will continue to spin without anyone coordinating because the people who join the forum are always welcoming and very friendly to newcomers. Continue to be active here to help low rank users, your contribution will be invaluable to them.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
April 16, 2023, 08:17:17 AM
Because some of the oldies left the forum at one point or the other when there was problems of spamming and the rest of it, but you endured and enjoyed the good old days till this moment.

This is pure passion and I congratulate you for that. May I ask, how many more years do you wish to stay here?

Perhaps the fact that it has some less active periods, allowed me not to get that shock of excessive spam and things like that. But even though I'm less active, I've never really been disconnected from the forum.

How many years do I intend to stay here? At this moment I have no intention of leaving, on the contrary. So I hope to stay here for a few more good years!  Cool

That's nice to know. There is actually no reason to leave the stage at this time. Here is not greedy to steal all your time. You can manage here with whatever things you are doing offline. I don't think you can leave any moment hence you are passionate about here.

...if not such principles I would have say that you known it all of anything concerning or relating to bitcoin as well.

I don't know everything! I consider myself a beginner in this sense.
There is still a lot to learn in this chapter, and I am always learning. Because a lot changes over time.

There are alot of changes but the basics doesn't change. The network is there and maybe introduction of scalability protocols like SegWit, Taproot, Ln etc. Many things remains stable in the network.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 16, 2023, 04:21:13 AM
Congratulations @joker_josue
This forum was developed on the Bitcointalk.org domain on 2011-06-24, about 11 years 9 months 23 days ago from today. then you opened the account 10 years ago.  You are an old man on this forum  Shocked
It's not easy to stay active for 10 years on a forum where thousands of old accounts are inactive. You are truly a real hero
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
April 15, 2023, 07:29:17 PM
Congratulations joker_josue, you have been on bitcointalk and on the BTC network for 10 years, it is a long time and for you to still be here shows you love the forum and BTC, even if you have been inactive sometimes, hopefully nothing takes you out of the forum for a long time again. It is good you can share this milestone with us, and hopefully when you celebrate 20 years on the forum i would still be here to witness it, and also celebrate whatever milestone i would have achieved then. Cheers.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
April 15, 2023, 12:32:25 PM
I know is not easy to be on a long run as far as 10 years being here.
Do I say you are a supper Hero?
Anyway congratulations for being an active member of this great platform.

Padav
Cares.
Pages:
Jump to: