Pages:
Author

Topic: $100 bill loaded with $100 worth of bitcoin. Thug Life. (Read 2229 times)

Activity: 548
Merit: 788
I just wanted to make a cool 'money artwork'. Sorry everyone.

http://www.oddee.com/item_96988.aspx
Locking topic.
The large number of requests to purchase these pieces led me to post some up for auction, as a means to quieting down the noise (so-to-speak) so I could get back on track with production. I was inspired to create these as a thought piece on the two different stores-of-value, and how they would relate to each other over time. The numerous defaced currencies for sale on eBay left me feeling comfortable about brining my idea to life.

Remove the sticker and keys and it's just a $100 bill with sunglasses, a bitcoin logo and some text on the back. We've all seen the 'wheresgeorge.com' stamped onto bills.

However, I'm suspending this auction as reading this concerned me. I did not at all expect or desire this kind of attention. I wasn't even sure if it would make it to the front page of reddit.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/a-bitcoiner-turned-100-bills-into-bitcoin-paper-wallets/

"The creative additions to the photographed $100 bills could cost the defacer his or her freedom. But that didn’t stop one Redditor – who goes by the name maxfieldo, or possibly Max Field – from turning “Benjamins” into a vessel for bitcoin."

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
Again, how does it matter? The guy was overbid even before he placed something, so I don't get why you said: "I give the benifit of the doubt on this one". I never accused the guy of anything, I just let told him that his bid was invalid, in case he didn't notice. No harm done.

Also, auction posts can never be edited. A Hero member should know that. Grin

Perhaps, like myself, s/he's never been into the Auction section, (feel free to trawl back through my posts to prove me wrong) and didn't realise once set in stone s/he couldn't change a bid.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I believe it may have to do with the year of the bills, or the fact that he wanted them to be sequential. 
It looks like the bills are 2016 bills and I would think that banks fairly regularly get bills like this when their order bills from the Fed, but maybe I am wrong

These are series 2009.

A USA Note may say Series 19xx or even Series 20xx however, there's no clear start date and end date (clear as in why they set those dates)...  It may well be printed in 2016, we might have to wait a year or two to find out.  The $1 Silver Certificates had overlapping series from the 1930's to the 1950's.  The serial number at the start and end will give you clues.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
Again, how does it matter? The guy was overbid even before he placed something, so I don't get why you said: "I give the benifit of the doubt on this one". I never accused the guy of anything, I just let told him that his bid was invalid, in case he didn't notice. No harm done.

Also, auction posts can never be edited. A Hero member should know that. Grin
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
...that and for some reason, I can't edit posts in this thread?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I love this Idea. 

0.5BTC
Invalid bid.

90 seconds apart, (no doubt gazing at the photo for a while) I give the benifit of the doubt on this one...
What are you talking about?

The previous bid was cast ninety seconds before that bid was cast, I would say that the bidder was looking at the photo, (for ninety +++ seconds) and then cast a bid... Given that these pages don't auto update until *after* a person either refreshes the page in their browser, or, posts something (yeh yeh boo hoo - While you were typing someone else posted...)  am still giving them the benefit of the doubt.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
I love this Idea. 

0.5BTC
Invalid bid.

90 seconds apart, (no doubt gazing at the photo for a while) I give the benifit of the doubt on this one...
What are you talking about?
This is a very unique and awesome idea!

Why did you have to pay such a large premium to acquire the bills? I would think you would be able to get bills like this from the bank without any kind of a markup.

I believe it may have to do with the year of the bills, or the fact that he wanted them to be sequential. 
It looks like the bills are 2016 bills and I would think that banks fairly regularly get bills like this when their order bills from the Fed, but maybe I am wrong

These are series 2009.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
wow these are awesome!

To rich for my blood unless you take paypal lol.

Whoever wins is lucky - great collectable.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I love this Idea. 

0.5BTC
Invalid bid.

donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
Very cool. To me this is like your other stuff, art.

I like how there is $100 in bitcoin on the $100 bill and wonder what the difference will be in their values in the years to come.

Would love to bid on one of these and will be watching.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Let me chime in and say this is a very cool idea.

Not exactly sure how I feel about the paper currency representation (knowing it is fed notes) but...

Cool nonetheless.

Good luck to all the bidders!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
The  Cool made me lol

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I bid 1 BTC. I will also send you a silver BTC Ring with your choice of vanity address.

https://i.imgur.com/kX9i80Q.png
Pages:
Jump to: