Pages:
Author

Topic: $100 Million Project to find alien life - page 2. (Read 2027 times)

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
April 21, 2016, 12:20:48 AM
Hope people who complain about this complain when the next transformers movie comes out costing 4 or 5 times more than this project. Or when the next twilight saga comes out or some other stupid movie.

Stephen hawkings, a russian billionaire, and Mark Zukkenburg have teamed up to launch an extraterrestrial project. Thoughts and info?

It's really funny that some people have so much wealth and money and don't know how to spend this funds better than on something useless for all humankind.
They may wait 100 or 1000 years to receive answer from aliens on some very fare planet but most people need help and support right now.
I don't know it's this funny or stupid news, or both.
But, I guess, it's better even to spend money in this way than for wars or weapons.

Yep, only if all the other people would spend their money on similar projects too. Unfortunately there are people who spend on weapons more than on food, North Korea for example, and if you don't want to be conquered by them you should invest in weapons too.

Yes, it's sad reality that we have to spend so much money on weapons when so many people in Africa don't have enough food to eat and starving.
But, if we can't avoid it because of countries like N. Korea and Isis terrorist organization, at least we don't need to spend money on such stupid and very expensive things like searching alien life.

Agree that we spend too much on weapons. But it isn't because of north korea or isis. That is just the current excuse. Before that it was the russians. Before them the germans. Before that the british. Before them the spanish. Etc. We spend that money in weapons because it makes some people very rich.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
April 20, 2016, 11:15:42 AM
Stephen hawkings, a russian billionaire, and Mark Zukkenburg have teamed up to launch an extraterrestrial project. Thoughts and info?

It's really funny that some people have so much wealth and money and don't know how to spend this funds better than on something useless for all humankind.
They may wait 100 or 1000 years to receive answer from aliens on some very fare planet but most people need help and support right now.
But, I guess, it's better even to spend money in this way than for wars or weapons.

Yep, only if all the other people would spend their money on similar projects too. Unfortunately there are people who spend on weapons more than on food, North Korea for example, and if you don't want to be conquered by them you should invest in weapons too.

Yes, it's sad reality that we have to spend so much money on weapons when so many people in Africa don't have enough food to eat and starving.
But, if we can't avoid it because of countries like N. Korea and Isis terrorist organization, at least we don't need to spend money on such stupid and very expensive things like searching alien life.
Activity: 120
Merit: 6
April 20, 2016, 11:11:35 AM
I dont think alien exist.What if they spent this 100 million on poor and needy people like in Africa despite of spending money on this foolish project.Alien only exists in movies not in real world.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
April 20, 2016, 07:56:27 AM
Waste of money... at the end, they won't find any alien.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
April 20, 2016, 07:50:43 AM
Source of this info? it's a waste of money imho, we got a more challenging situation on earth (hunger, climate changes, and education) and yet that big sum of money used for something that's not sure Undecided
Truth hurts mate yup as you said there are lot of problem in this world such as climate,hunger,education but there just spending millions of money in nothing thats why this is the worst generation ever,
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
April 20, 2016, 04:07:43 AM

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 19, 2016, 05:36:57 PM
They wouldn't recognize an alien if one was sitting on their shoulder. And they wouldn't tell you if they found an alien.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1358
April 19, 2016, 01:51:33 PM

faaakeee, I googled, and nothing, but what I know is that Stephen Hawking is funding a project to create a tiny spaceship that is supposed to travel at almost light speed
Nope, it is 75 thousand kilometers per hour,thats "only" 1/4 of light speed
Activity: 1036
Merit: 501
April 19, 2016, 01:48:24 PM
That is a lot of money I am interested what the result will be. Will they get more answers to there questions about Aliens.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
April 19, 2016, 01:44:42 PM

faaakeee, I googled, and nothing, but what I know is that Stephen Hawking is funding a project to create a tiny spaceship that is supposed to travel at almost light speed
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
April 19, 2016, 01:17:33 PM
Is it Zukkenburg or Zuckerburg? Could not find anything but this thread in a google search.

I really do not like the idea of Facebook being involved in our potentially first contact.
Would spend to much time unfriending aliens that seemed to be nice but turned out to just want to use my body as baby holder.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
April 19, 2016, 12:42:43 PM

why spend all those money when it is guaranteed that alien life will be discovered someday.

IF they are doing some actions to help the poor before doing this then its ok.

It's good as long as it wont be wasted, but i would be devastated if they wont prioritize their fellow human beings.

Cause there are many more things to discover in our own planet that space missions.

Judging by your username you a Christian,  so why dont the Vatican lead by example and liquidate some of their $15 billion dollar wealth and spend it on the poor instead of telling everyone else to do it.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
April 19, 2016, 12:04:40 PM

why spend all those money when it is guaranteed that alien life will be discovered someday.

It's good as long as it wont be wasted, but i would be devastated if they wont prioritize their fellow human beings.

Cause there are many more things to discover in our own planet that space missions.

they are already helping the poor but every people have their own interest. we cant condemn them by funding the project the they are interested with.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
April 19, 2016, 08:54:29 AM

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
April 19, 2016, 08:45:18 AM

Pif
Activity: 153
Merit: 18
April 19, 2016, 08:24:46 AM
I personally see it as a noble intention: keep money out from their pockets to contribute to science development.

Hope they will achieve some good results.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
April 19, 2016, 08:14:24 AM
Just one question that's bugging me off -- What if the alien life detected the laser beams and followed it to Earth? Grin IMO, this project is dangerous. But it will surely create history in science.

Here's a link for New York times' article
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
April 18, 2016, 11:12:50 PM
So now I can add my fear of anal rape in jail to potential aliens following them home that also like to rape. Counselling session just got strange this month.
Would be a trip if they looked like us!
legendary
Activity: 1135
April 18, 2016, 11:06:23 PM

There is money to do both. Help people right now and explore space. Doesn't have to be one or the other. And it's a smaller amount than some big budget movies. That's a bigger waste. This could have a good return in information about the world around us, develop our knowledge in many areas and create infrastructure we may need in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 18, 2016, 03:25:00 PM
There has always been and will always be hunger etc.

The X prize drew a lot of private investment in to the space industry so why not the search for ET.

Personally I dont trust that NASA would reveal the truth of any findings.

A private mission probe to Mars or Europa with $100 million prize is far more likely to get to the truth.

When I say alien life - I mean bacteria and up, not little green men running around anal probing earthlings Smiley

Alien probing is the only thing a few of us look forward to when the aliens come to say hello.
If they are not cross breeding or eating us,what else does that leave for them to come swing by!

I heard they are still on their way to get Mark Karpeles as they had a shit load of bitcoin in MtGox.  The incomprehensible vastness of space is just slowing them down slightly.

Mark is an alien, one of their own. That's the real reason they are having such a hard time getting him. He knows how they think.

Grin
Pages:
Jump to: